Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50

skirmish: increase difficulty lvl.

I did skirmish for the first time the other night(and last time). It was so incredibly easy that it was laughable(literally). Anyway, I was thinking maybe a star system like leves to bring the bosses up to a real boss level might make it fun.

would also like to see a token system on it (more stars more tokens) and have them used for materia and items, not just junk gear.
    (1)
    Last edited by syntaxlies; 10-26-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shiven Casull
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    I did skirmish for the first time the other night(and last time). It was so incredibly easy that it was laughable(literally). Anyway, I was thinking maybe a star system like leves to bring the bosses up to a real boss level might make it fun.
    Toggleable difficulty is usually a good addition.

Skirmish is supposed to be "training" for the real boss fights so it's not supposed to be more difficult than AV/CC etc.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think it's fine how it is, honestly. It's not meant to be hardcore content. The drops and drop rate justify the difficulty level.
    (15)

It was designed as casual content and going away in ARR more than likely. Since casual players will rarely get to do CC/AV it was another way to allow them to fight those bosses, same with world spawns since prior to Atomos, lots of people didn't get a chance to fight them if they joined late.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    ...going away in ARR more than likely.
    I doubt it. I haven't seen anything indicating this. As far as it relates to lore, the GCs are not going away, and they'll still need a way to train.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Alkimi Asura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    It's incredibly easy if you're familiar with the enemies in there. However if you go in with say 8 people, none of whom have ever seen coincounter, then you would be in for some nasty surprises.

The difficulty is probably about right for what it is (casual pickup content) and the rewards from it (fairly mediocre weapons).
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    I doubt it. I haven't seen anything indicating this. As far as it relates to lore, the GCs are not going away, and they'll still need a way to train.
    Given that ARR is years into the future while the garleans have already set their grand assault into action (as we seen in the trailers) it wouldn't exactly make sense for the current skirmish to exist, since the lore is to train before the grand invasion which was "5 years ago", they'll probably restructure it if it exists in ARR but the current skirmish more than likely will go away, especially since we know dungeons are being redesigned as well so the bosses may not even be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    (fairly mediocre weapons).
    Actually pretty damn good weapons once you get melding action going.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Drill
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    I agree with elexia. Giantsgall weapons' base stats are comparable to garuda's. its the secondary stats that suffer, however you can meld to them, which brigs them up to par in some situations.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    I think it's fine how it is, honestly. It's not meant to be hardcore content. The drops and drop rate justify the difficulty level.
    i dont mind the easy mode for casuals, i don't even want any of the crappy gear. I just think a hard mode would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDrill View Post
    I agree with elexia. Giantsgall weapons' base stats are comparable to garuda's. its the secondary stats that suffer, however you can meld to them, which brigs them up to par in some situations.
    the lower dps stat on those weapons lowers your overall stat caps which means no matter how much materia you put on them they will never be as good as garuda/relic.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Actually pretty damn good weapons once you get melding action going.
    This is true, put some touch of rage on the skirmish axe, and it's one of the best axes for tanking around.
    (3)

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast