Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

character creation: work on your character option?

Could we get an option to work with the same options, or their 2.0 equivalent, when making a character? I'd like it to be as similar as my original as possible.

It'd be nice if you could "load your character" settings when recreating it, and adjust them on the character creator as you see fit
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    Could we get an option to work with the same options, or their 2.0 equivalent, when making a character? I'd like it to be as similar as my original as possible.

It'd be nice if you could "load your character" settings when recreating it, and adjust them on the character creator as you see fit
    I've got a feeling that our characters might be loaded as-is and then we get the option to tweak them from there, it's just a hunch though!
    (3)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

They stated they're going to work on a settings file from the Character Creator benchmark so you can use that for ARR Character creation.

Your current avatar will obviously be loaded and you can change that when it's possible, but it won't be possible at launch otherwise I'm not sure what the concern is lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    They stated they're going to work on a settings file from the Character Creator benchmark so you can use that for ARR Character creation.

Your current avatar will obviously be loaded and you can change that when it's possible, but it won't be possible at launch otherwise I'm not sure what the concern is lol.
    They said you'll be able to load the character creator file on the client. Not that you'll be able to load your character on the character creator. That's the concern.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psy Kotsu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    They said you'll be able to load the character creator file on the client. Not that you'll be able to load your character on the character creator. That's the concern.
    I don't think you'll have anything to worry about, but in the case that you're worried that your character will be loaded by a game's preset, you should just take some portrait screenshots.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykotsu View Post
    I don't think you'll have anything to worry about, but in the case that you're worried that your character will be loaded by a game's preset, you should just take some portrait screenshots.
    I think its pretty contradictory of SE about speaking of players bonding with their character if they won't mean to import their character looks. Albeit adapted to 2.0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psy Kotsu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    I think its pretty contradictory of SE about speaking of players bonding with their character if they won't mean to import their character looks. Albeit adapted to 2.0
    Well, I don't have any emotional attachments to mine but your character is your character. If your character's look is what you've bonded with, I think you should easily be able to recreate them.

At the same time, I think you should take the opportunity to really create a more distinct look of your character with whatever new options are given. Don't you wanna try something new?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Just take a reference screenshot of your character up close if you are worried. (front and profile)

The options were, and will be, limited enough that re-creating your char in 2.0 should be relatively easy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fated Erskine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Just take a reference screenshot of your character up close if you are worried. (front and profile)

The options were, and will be, limited enough that re-creating your char in 2.0 should be relatively easy.
    Seriously, this. It's not that hard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fated View Post
    Seriously, this. It's not that hard.
    that's like saying crafters should write down recipes instead of having them in their book.

not being that hard, is no excuse. specially when SE makes such a big deal about feelings and items and characters.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast