Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    This is true, put some touch of rage on the skirmish axe, and it's one of the best axes for tanking around.
    no its not, lol, clueless
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    no its not, lol, clueless
    It absolutely is. Hands down, +enmity is the best stat for tanking. Or are you gonna disagree with all of the testing that's been done proving this? Asside from the relic axe, no other axe has +enmity on it. Yes, you'll have lower DPS than with say garuda's axe, but only if your stats are at cap with garuda's axe. Most folks don't have capped stats.
    (8)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 10-26-2012 at 01:29 AM.

the lower dps stat on those weapons lowers your overall stat caps which means no matter how much materia you put on them they will never be as good as garuda/relic.
    Slightly Lower*

They're perfectly fine alternatives for people that also benefit from melds, so they're not the best, they're fine weapons in their own regard.

Giant Axe: DPS: 39.3
    Scream: DPS: 40.77
    Battle Axe: DPS: 39.77

They're not meant to the best weapon, they're merely alternatives and actually good ones at that since the way the stats work in this game, unless they're 3+ points over from each other (as in 39 dps - 42+ dps) it's very minimal returns in the long run till they optimize the stats more.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Slightly Lower*

They're perfectly fine alternatives for people that also benefit from melds, so they're not the best, they're fine weapons in their own regard.

Giant Axe: DPS: 39.3
    Scream: DPS: 40.77
    Battle Axe: DPS: 39.77

They're not meant to the best weapon, they're merely alternatives and actually good ones at that since the way the stats work in this game, unless they're 3+ points over from each other (as in 39 dps - 42+ dps) it's very minimal returns in the long run till they optimize the stats more.
    giants ax is 1.5 points lower, this will result in about a 10 point reduction in strength cap and a huge overall nerf on WS. its complete garbage, people should just buy GC weapons if they cant get anything better.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    It absolutely is. Hands down, +enmity is the best stat for tanking. Or are you gonna disagree with all of the testing that's been done proving this? Asside from the relic axe, no other axe has +enmity on it. Yes, you'll have lower DPS than with say garuda's axe, but only if your stats are at cap with garuda's axe. Most folks don't have capped stats.
    Enmity is really the only case though as far as these weapons go. No idea why people are paying an arm and a leg for them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    if you put 50 emnity on an ax then you get a 5% add to you enmity. I think you would get more then 5% enmity in damage alone using garuda over giants. Nerfed stats and nerfed WS is -emnity.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    if you put 50 emnity on an ax then you get a 5% add to you enmity. I think you would get more then 5% enmity in damage alone using garuda over giants. Nerfed stats and nerfed WS is -emnity.
    That's only true if your stats are capped, and as I said, most people don't have capped stats with Garuda's axe. It's much easier to cap you stats with the skirmish axe, making the additional enmity that much better. For a more realistic comparison as it applies to most players, parse damage with Garuda's axe with 10-20 STR below cap and compare that to the same gear but with the skirmish axe. You'll see that they are comparable.

I also disagree with the sentiment that the axe with enmity is the only useful skirmish weapon. The WHM staff with VIT added is also extremely useful in certain situations.
    (4)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 10-26-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    That's only true if your stats are capped, and as I said, most people don't have capped stats with Garuda's axe. It's much easier to cap you stats with the skirmish axe, making the additional enmity that much better.

I also disagree with the sentiment that the axe with enmity is the only useful skirmish weapon. The WHM staff with VIT added is also extremely useful in certain situations.
    Honestly, i dont feel like arguing so this will be my final thought garuda>giant every time, no exceptions.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Honestly, i dont feel like arguing so this will be my final thought garuda>giant every time, no exceptions.
    you can continue being wrong then.

The single largest benefit of Garuda's axe, as you yourself pointed out, is that you can add more STR before you hit the cap. But that doesn't do any good if you don't take advantage of it and actually add more STR. To do so requires at least triple melded STR gloves with +50 or more STR, which I assure you, most players do not have.
    (15)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 10-26-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I did skirmish for the first time the other night(and last time). It was so incredibly easy that it was laughable(literally). Anyway, I was thinking maybe a star system like leves to bring the bosses up to a real boss level might make it fun.

would also like to see a token system on it (more stars more tokens) and have them used for materia and items, not just junk gear.
    Skirmish was specifically made for players who had difficulty clearing the primals and raids. It's supposed to be easy.
    (4)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast