Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    It was designed as casual content and going away in ARR more than likely. Since casual players will rarely get to do CC/AV it was another way to allow them to fight those bosses, same with world spawns since prior to Atomos, lots of people didn't get a chance to fight them if they joined late.
    That's a kind way of putting it. Normally I'm rushing to the defense of SE, but in this case it seems more like they just recycled old bosses and instances for the sake of budget. I'm fine with it if they put more effort into 2.0, and it was a nice twist on old content.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Raikki Zero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I think it was just a way to give new/inexperienced players a chance to see more bosses beyond just farming Ifrit/Moogle. I think they should've gone a step further and touched up Darkhold a bit (including modifying the gear from it) to make that relevant to those players also.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolf View Post
    I don't think someone who made melds like this:

and

Really should be giving advice to new players.
    Thanks for saving me server space for image hosting. I'm flattered that you enjoy my melds so much you decided to host my images with your account.

My melds serve me quite well thank you very much. Your arguement about my other melds might hold weight if we were actually comparing that particular gear set to DL or HDL, but we're not. Besides, not all of those melds are for the same class, and certainly not for WAR. I don't wear of those at the same time, I do carry them with me, but they serve different purposes.

By the way with my WAR gear, I do hit the STR cap and am within 5 points of the VIT cap for Garuda's Scream. (Which I got Friday night, but it doesn't change my arguement.) Nobody can agrue why I shouldn't be giving advice to WARs with my setup. I've got better alternatives to DL and HDL gear for my WAR than most other WARs do. It seems you're squarely in that camp, otherwise why so mad?

You've changed your statement twice on giantsgall vs scream. And yes, I'm super angry I'm punching my monitor with my ham hands right now.
    I changed the wording yes, but I did not change my reasoning or the implications of my statement. My point has always been enmity generation, if you're not at the stat caps for Garuda's Scream you may not be generating as much enmity as you could with another axe, as such it's not the best for every scenario as Syntaxlies clearly stated, which is where this all started.

I wish I could live in such a black and white world as you, things would be much easier. Instead I always question "why".
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 10-28-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Player

Hey Molly.

Carry on being bad if you want, that's your prerogative.

You're notorious for it, so I don't know why I bothered trying to change anything.

edit: I hosted them on tinypic. I wasn't flattering you. You're terrible.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Teuciont Arbedechi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    I've got better alternatives to DL and HDL gear for my WAR than most other WARs do.
    lol
    10char
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Hey Molly.

Carry on being bad if you want, that's your prerogative.

You're notorious for it, so I don't know why I bothered trying to change anything.
    You don't know me fool. All you know is what I post on here, which if you knew anything about how stats work in this game, you'd know is correct info. Go read Kanican's blog, or any other test results, you'll see that everything I've posted comes directly from that info.

If you were on Balmung you'd know that I'm notoriuos for getting shit done when I join a group. I'm notoriuos for pulling groups together that can beat content with ease. Quit talking out of ass, you don't know shit and you're proving it by not being able to back up your claims with logic and mathmatical evidence. You can't win an arguement with logic so you resort to attacking my character, classic. You should run for political office, you'd do quite well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 10-29-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Player

You don't know me fool. All you know is what I post on here, which if you knew anything about how stats work in this game, you'd know is correct info. Go read Kanican's blog, or any other test results, you'll see that everything I've posted comes directly from that info.
    Our intention is to have both shells operate as a single unit for a possibility of a grand total of 200ish members. Officers and a few other helpful members have both shells to help pass information about event start times and such between both shells.

With this new shell structure, and our sheer numbers, we are poised to take Fabul by storm. We can certainly handle any content or other changes SE throws at us in the future.
    I can just see you in front, waving your giantsgall axe in the air.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    I'm all for a raise in general difficulty, if in exchange they got rid of the absolutely unsightly hate reset mechanics, that not only are the most artificial and most awkward way of raising difficulty, turning a fight into a roulette in which luck counts more than ability, but it's also the most unfun MMORPG mechanic ever.

Oh wait... sorry. I didn't notice that the thread had turned into another Molly Millions melds thread.
    A couple of my friends have complained about hate resets too, but I don't really agree that they're necessarily a bad thing. Some of them are, sure, but not all.

In the game right now we have

Sonorous Blast (Buffaloes)
    Animal Instinct (Cyclopes)
    Imperial Gundams
    Ifrit Extreme

I think that's it? Sonorous Blast barely matters. The gundam one is pretty random below a certain health threshold, sure.

Animal Instinct and Ifrit's can be used whenever they are capable of using a special attack, so in that way they're random/luck based. However, both of them give your party ample time to adjust to the hate reset and re-establish hate on the tank. Cyclopes always 100-tonze swing or Eye of the Beholder after an Animal Instinct. Ifrit gives you 20+ seconds of dashing around for your cooldowns to reset so the tank can get hate back.

While they can be frustrating, I'd still call them a valid mechanic when they're used like they are for Ifrit and cyclopes. They keep the party on their toes.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I can just see you in front, waving your giantsgall axe in the air.
    Wow, now you're really grabbing at straws. What does a recruiting thread I made ages ago have to do with how stats work?

"...quick! Search through anything Molly ever posted to find something completely irrelivant and post it here to try to win an unwinnable arguement." Sheer genius. Hey Ingolf, your thought process is showing. You might wanna hide that before you show off how incompitant you are.

BTW, I don't have a double melded GG axe. I do have a single melded one. I've been playing devil's advocate to prove a point. Which is something I love to do, since you obviously cling to my every word, you should know that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 10-29-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Player

Wow, now you're really grabbing at straws. What does a recruiting thread I made ages ago have to do with how stats work?

"...quick! Search through anything Molly ever posted to find something completely irrelivant and post it here to try to win an unwinnable arguement." Sheer genius. Hey Ingolf, your thought process is showing.
    So is your giantsgall axe.

And yes, there's no point trying to convince you that you're wrong. Everyone with common sense knows that you are.

I didn't search either, it's another notorious post. You're known for being bad and having attitude whenever someone calls you up on being wrong.
    (4)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast