Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Yoshida-san - Can We Get Clarification About 1.0's Conclusion Event and Servers?

To: Yoshida-san and the Community Reps,

Now that the Final Save Maintenance has been announced (October 31 for North America), it would be great if we could get information about 2 key things before 10/31 - 11/1 hits:

• Is there going to be a "Final Event" (or series of Events) in game after the Final Save, or is it only the Live Producer Letter on November 11? We don't need Spoilers / Information on *what* it is, merely, *IF* we're going to have any events or not.
    • When can we expect full information on the New Servers / Migration, etc. for 2.0?
    I realize these might come in due time, but it would be good to get some information soon (before October 31) rather than later (for the 1st question above).

After October 31 / Nov 1, I know many players that are going to go on vacation, move on to other games, etc. It would be nice to let us know if there are any Events or a Final Event happening between the Final Save (Oct 31 / Nov 1) through --> November 11 (Servers Go Down), so we can plan our time accordingly.

With no more progress being saved, many players aren't even going to bother logging in for those 11 days, so it'd be nice to let us know if something's happening.

In addition, for the New Server Migration, while details may not be finalized yet, could you let us know WHEN you might have that ready?

Again, it's so Linkshells, Friends, etc. can plan and find time to discuss.

If you release New Server information right before 2.0 Launches, I think it'd be great if you could then allow all of us Returning Players a week or so to log in / get back to 2.0, and discuss with Friends and Linkshell where to move to.

Because if you're asking us to Choose A New Server right when 2.0 Launches, you've given us no time to coordinate / plan if you release all the New Server Information during, say, Beta (when players are not all together and are away / dispersed).

It's an exciting time for Final Fantasy XIV! I just want to make sure you give us the information ahead of time so we can plan our schedules and not miss out on anything (and coordinate with friends / LS for the move).

Thanks!
    (11)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    There have been some live events going on in the last few days apparently. But with only a week to go, that's likely all we're going to get. They're investing all their time and energy into 2.0, as they should be!

If you release New Server information right before 2.0 Launches, I think it'd be great if you could then allow all of us Returning Players a week or so to log in / get back to 2.0, and discuss with Friends and Linkshell where to move to.
    it was already said eariler: Current players will not be able to move to the new servers right away. That said, current players will be playing the game before anyone else gets to. Even if we didn't though, you'd have tons of time to discuss stuff with friends because none of us will be changing servers right off (Much to my dismay, as I'd like to move to a NA server, but I'll deal with it)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-23-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    "Soon"©®℗℠™
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    There have been some live events going on in the last few days apparently. But with only a week to go, that's likely all we're going to get. They're investing all their time and energy into 2.0, as they should be!

it was already said eariler: Current players will not be able to move to the new servers right away. That said, current players will be playing the game before anyone else gets to. Even if we didn't though, you'd have tons of time to discuss stuff with friends because none of us will be changing servers right off (Much to my dismay, as I'd like to move to a NA server, but I'll deal with it)
    Hi Alhanelem,

Yah, I'm not sure (or expecting much) for any "Final Event," but I just want to seek clarification *IF* we'll be getting anything.

Only because once October 31 / November 1st hits (Final Save Game), I see many players just not logging back on (or very infrequently).

It'd be sad if we missed out on some possible random / live event (rolling) because we didn't know when it'd be on, etc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Teuciont Arbedechi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    What events have been going on the past few days?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There have been some live events going on in the last few days apparently.
    Yeah, unfortunately none of them were actually announced until AFTER they happened. The forums was really the only medium that made people aware that anything out of the ordinary was happening, which included the earlier Imperial invasion events, Vanguard event, and the Cactaur/Beastmen event outside Ul'dah.

It's nice that it became an event where the community made itself aware of it, but at the same time, there are people that are highly interested in story/lore type stuff and may have missed some of these events if they weren't reading the forums. Hopefully SE could give us a little more heads up on this type of stuff in the future rather than just silently patching it in server-side.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vanilla Latte
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Upvoted for server information.

I have some friends coming in/returning for ARR and obviously I would like them to play on the server I'm on.
    To be honest, it would suck a lot if I'm stuck on a server not in my region and my friends (new or returning) have to suffer with me.
    (1)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Only because once October 31 / November 1st hits (Final Save Game), I see many players just not logging back on (or very infrequently).
    There was a Poll of the players held recently where ~35% of current players said they'd like to be able to play after the nov. 11th shutdown- Thus, unless many of those who said 'yes' actually don't, there will be people playing beyond the 1st (not in a serious manner, most likely of course)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    There was a Poll of the players held recently where ~35% of current players said they'd like to be able to play after the nov. 11th shutdown- Thus, unless many of those who said 'yes' actually don't, there will be people playing beyond the 1st (not in a serious manner, most likely of course)
    Hi Alhanelem,

Definitely. I'd imagine some people will be online after Nov 11 (when they bring servers back one more time), but most of the player base will be dispersed.

I think it's fine if Square doesn't know now about Server Information (as with their latest update), but they should give us a rough timeline, or at least confirm that we'll have time *before* they ask us to choose New Servers to coordinate with Friends, LS Members, etc.

And it'd be nice to hear some confirmation if there's going to be any event at all after Nov.1 In-Game. So people don't miss it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Even if we didn't though, you'd have tons of time to discuss stuff with friends because none of us will be changing servers right off (Much to my dismay, as I'd like to move to a NA server, but I'll deal with it)

I'm confused about the server transfer at start thing... I thought we'd be able to pick which server we went to with the limitation of pre-existing characters not being able to select one of the 'new (day1)' servers, that way we could all get on a data center that we wanted.
    Atleast that's what I gleaned from past dev posts, I could be wrong... will hunt for clarification!
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast