Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

So that Digital Download...

Will it be available on our Account Management or something? Since the Devs have played WoW, GW2, etc, surely by now they know the existent of Digital Download, because the current one that they give is ridiculous.

Can you imagine you lost your DVD, and the only way is to BUY it again or find a 3rd party torrent which is illegal base on their policies.

Do you think we should have this option in case any one have lost their CD? I think we do need it, not during launch but at a later date of course, unless the people who does this kind of stuff is a different team, then please, by all means make this happen!

Add On :
    Will they be adding Digital Purchase as well??

------------------------------------------

This question is for us and future players who have yet to purchase this game!
    We all know that they are setting up digital distribution for all current 1.X players therefore there is no problem in that, sure.

But due to the way their company policies handle stuff, it irks me the most since the NA digital distribution is that you can download only once, and if you lost your installation file, you need to re-purchase back again, of course this statement may be invalid if a kind soul can enlighten us if they have change this policy of digital distributions. The fact that their policy is to only able to re-download upon re-purchasing make it hard on anyone at all, why call it Digital Distribution if we do not have the benefit eh?

So the real question is how will Square Enix, will handle the Digital Purchase/Distribution for us existing users and new players?

Will they give us like what the modern days Digital Distributors does? Buy once, download many times as long we have our account linked?

or will they do like the time NA store selling their Digital Distribution? because someone i know told me this about their policy, I can't imitate it because NA didnt allow outside country to buy stuff from their NA site.
    (3)
    Last edited by Seirra_Lanzce; 12-12-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Felix Valmont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirra_Lanzce View Post
    Will it be available on our Account Management or something? Since the Devs have played WoW, GW2, etc, surely by now they know the existent of Digital Download, because the current one that they give is ridiculous.

Can you imagine you lost your DVD, and the only way is to BUY it again or find a 3rd party torrent which is illegal base on their policies.

Do you think we should have this option in case any one have lost their CD? I think we do need it, not during launch but at a later date of course, unless the people who does this kind of stuff is a different team, then please, by all means make this happen!
    you think there going to make you use the auto patcher to get the new client. of course there going to have a digital distro.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    They are going to have some kind of download because everyone that bought the original FFXIV is going to have to download it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmonte View Post
    you think there going to make you use the auto patcher to get the new client. of course there going to have a digital distro.
    Welps, I hope you are right, because there wasn't one for EU, only NA... and is very confusing until my friend from East Coast gave up on it... .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    They're going to mail you floppy disks with pieces of the game over an undisclosed amount of time.
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Felix Valmont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Rau View Post
    They're going to mail you floppy disks with pieces of the game over an undisclosed amount of time.
    hey whatevers faster than the auto patcher
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    They said they be a download link on the lodestone page for everyone who play 1.0 version of the game.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    If they don't do digital purchases and downloads with 2.0, it's going to be kind of bad.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    If they don't do digital purchases and downloads with 2.0, it's going to be kind of bad.
    Actually this is what i really meant.... for.... but i was hallucinating or something and ask a different question lol, thanks Wolfie... added up on OP..

I heard somewhere that last time they put up for Digital Download for NA region only....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    They have to open the digital delivery asap, even before the release.

Something like pre-order now for "x ingame ring" ..

Not adding DD from the release, will be a suicide.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast