Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    The Chocobo-headed Roegadyn

Gather around and I shall tell you the tale of Deli Dekurok...the Chocobo-head Roegadyn.

As a young scholar, Deli stumbled upon an odd, ancient text hidden on a dark shelf the basement of the Arrzaneth Ossuary. It told of a powerful Roegadyn race that existed back in the days before Dalamund hung low in the sky. A race of Roegadyn which still had tails and the were the most powerful and wise race in all of Eorzea. Believing their tails to be the source of their power, Deli grabbed the ancient texts and maps inside it set off on his epic quest.

However, he never got very far on his journey. An evil Lalafell Sorcerer, Mevina Lavina, saw Deli wandering through the forest too close to his home and invited him in for dinner.

As Mevina served Deli a delicious meal of Roasted Dodo, salted leeks and popatos and Mulled Tea, they talked and Deli told Mevina of his quest to find the missing Roegadyn tails. Mevina knew that this would make the Roegadyn’s very powerful, and wanting that power for himself, he made sure that Deli would never be able to finish his quest.
    In order to prevent Deli’s success, Mevina worked feverishly through the night while Deli slept, on a potion that would banish Deli’s hopes forever. When Deli woke in the morning, Mevina, still pretending to be a friend, handed Deli a satchel of Sweet Rice Cakes and Mulled tea to sustain him along his journey. He also provided him with fresh gysal greens for his Chocobo Steed

Off Deli went, occasionally stopping to enjoy the tasty treats that Mevina prepared for him…when suddenly, he felt as though he MUST stop for a nap. He found a safe meadow to settle down in for the afternoon and rested. But to his horror when he woke up, his chocobo was missing! Deli knew the chocobo he raised from a hatchling would never leave his side, and he began to look for him. What he found horrified him. He found a pile of yellow plumes, and a couple half-eaten rice cakes…”no “he thought, “I couldn’t have.”

Now panicked, he ran to the lake at the end of the meadow hoping to wash his face and wake from this horrible dream. When he saw his reflection, he fainted….for instead of his reflection; he saw that of his chocobo….

For you see, Mevina knew that in order for Deli to enter the ancient Roegadyn temple he had to enter without a chocobo. Now that he and his chocobo had become one, there was no way for him to enter and no way for him to reclaim his tail.

Now forced to roam with the head of a chocobo as his own, Deli searches the land looking for Mevina. In his revenge, he terrorizes all the Lalafell's he meets along the way by stealing their teddy bears and eating their Crowned Cakes.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maddox Klin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Dalamund why are you red? Is it because your angry? Or sad for the dead?

Huhuhuhu......Welcome to a memory where a spear is no simple spear, and a moon no simple moon......

Dalamund was on an adventure, as all life in Eorzea is. However this adventure was different. It was full of strife, fear, longing, and pain. Amongst these emotions however laid the very essence of life. Life in it's upmost glory, when emotions that usually last minutes seem to extend for hours. Except for Dalamund........

Now Dalamund himself wasn't a very emotional man, as a matter of fact some would say he was a rather stoic character. A man who's emotions seemed to be stored away some place deep,solemn, and lonely. Why was Dalamund so? Probably due to the fact that he had traveled far and wide, from the very center of Eorzea to her Deepest edges. He had been to deserts with more life then forests, and forests so desolate they were deserts. He had seen all that there was of this land named Eorzea, or so he had assumed until that night.

That night as he stared at the stars, imagining what it would be like to explore the sky, Eorzea revealed to him a secret he had never seen before. A secret in the shape of a woman, a woman named Bradamante! Bradamante had traveled far and wide herself, after all she was a Warrior Maiden, a job not to be taken lightly. However even with all the battles she had been in Bradamante had never seen such an emotionally removed man as Dalamund. This concerned her so much that the first words formed from her mouth were not a greeting but a question, "Poor man why are you so Emotionless?"

However this question that many would deem to be rude, awakened something within Dalamund! As if the emotions hidden so deep within burst forth from within him in a torrent of red hot fire. " I 'am fed up with Eorzea! I have seen all she has to give, and all that the people of her deem to take!" "They think not of her and simply take of her, like the never ceasing hunger of parasites!"

Bradamante being the patient woman she was let his voice echo and die into silence before she asked: "Is that why you stare at the sky?" to which Dalamund replied "Yes the sky is peaceful, it is vast, and none has explored it!" Being a Warrior Maiden Bradamante could not condone the thought of just dreaming, when one could be taking action. "So you wish to change this land of Eorzea and her people?" " Make them regret what they have done to her?" Bradamante asked Dalamund. "Yes very much so!" replied Dalamund, " But I do not have the power or the ability to do so". "Then...." replied Bradamante "Come with me and we shall get the power to do so together"!

Dalamund watched as Bradamante extended her hand out to him as she finished speaking. His heart was beating like it never had before. Just who is this woman! Dalamund wasn't sure who she was but as he took her hand the only thought that came to his mind was, If it's with her I think I could...........

As the fog of memories older then any could know began to fade away, Dalamund heard a faint whisper call to him......."l-a-r...d-n-o.....
    He couldn't understand what was being said, but as it repeated it got louder: L-u-A-r.....D-y-N-o....
    Dalamund couldn't quite make it out, It sounded like Bradamante's voice! If only it was said again!
    Then it came again, and this time was heard: LUNAR DYNAMO!

Dalamund awoke to Bradamantes call and as he did the memories left inside of the man that was Dalamund weeped.
    That night The Red Eye Moon, Dalamund, Weeped Meteors Upon Eorzea!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arla Rhylbroes
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    With the star of Dalamud growing ever-brighter, adventurers have all been coping in their own ways. Some have taken to hiding and some have begun to prepare for a journey to a new world. Not long ago, an adventurer named Arla decided that she would spend her final hours revisiting and exploring her home with her chocobo, Charity. Together, they visited everywhere from the abandoned castles of the Eastern Coerthas Highlands to Silvertear Lake in Mor Dhona. With every destination growing more dangerous than the last, Charity would suffer greater and greater damage from the wild beasts lurking about, until one night when it proved to be too much.

Arla was heartbroken. She had only meant to enjoy her last moments together with Charity, not cut them even shorter. Now, she can be seen sitting at the campfire of Camp Riversmeet near where she lost her beloved Charity to the wild beasts.

She spends her days now culling their numbers, her bag so full of Jade and Mudstones that she could build her own city of Ul’dah. Rumors of her madness began to spread. Her nights are spent sitting at the campfire… waiting for Charity to return. Hoping on chance to meet her beloved chocobo once more.

Some nights she swears that she saw the bird run by. Other nights she simply wrestles with what she knows deep down may be true, but if you ask the merchants at Camp Riversmeet, they would sell you a different tale. Arla and Charity had never parted ways at all. It was the red star of Dalamud that drove Arla mad… and the beast that struck the poor bird down was none other than Arla herself.

(2)

Player
    Character
    Sangriah V'
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Sang Exhibit.

Sang watched the firelight dance across Eyelet’s face. They both took respite in Aleport, allowing the brisk sea air to cleanse their minds after a long day of battle. The sunset would have been lovely over the oceanic horizon if Dalamud wasn’t so ominous overhead. It was impossible to truly relax with that ever-present reminder of even darker days to come.

“Do you ever wonder…” Sang Riah began thoughtfully as she contemplated her own existence, “If any of this is really real?”

Eyelet laughed at Sang, “It feels pretty real to me,” she teased.

“Yeah, I had a dream that I was incubating an enormous egg last night and THAT felt pretty real!” Sang confessed trying to prove a point, “I even checked the bed when I woke up. I found an hourglass biscuit…”

“Ew!” Eyelet exclaimed. “Oh my god, did I see you eat that earlier today!?”

Sang hesitated, “…I needed the extra defense.”

“Well, what would you need defense for if none of this was real? You think this is all just some elaborate dream? That the Astral Age that was supposed to last forever isn’t coming to an end and we aren’t being assaulted by Garleans from all directions?” Eyelet got angry.

“I just,” Sang tried to put her thoughts into words, “sometimes I feel like there’s something else, something more. Like there’s always someone watching me, everywhere I go…”

Eyelet laughed at Sang again, “Maybe if you put some clothes on you wouldn’t feel like you were being watched,” she stuck her tongue out at Sang.

“Pfft,” Sang spat, “Look who’s talking!”

They both grew quiet once again, reflective. “Maybe it’s Dalamud watching you,” Eyelet contemplated out loud, “like a big, red, eye.”

Sang stood up and stared intently at Dalamud, mesmerized. She almost felt like she was being pulled into an Echo. “You never feel like there might be another you somewhere?” She asked Eyelet, desperate for understanding, “...I don’t know, living another life?” Sang ripped herself away from Dalamud’s gaze and faced Eyelet, “Don’t you ever feel like… dancing!?”

Sang Riah swung her arm out and then her leg in strange, awkward movements that looked neither joyous nor sexy…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sangria Allegra bolted straight up out of bed, patting herself vigorously all over to make sure she was neither long nor lanky. She hopped out of bed, stretching her limbs out and giving her butt a little wiggle. She was still cute!

She fumbled for her linkpearl, seeking the comfort of a good friend and proof of this reality. “Kuromi!?

Allegra! You’re going to be late for our Linkshell event in Aleport!” Sangria’s friend scolded. “You better get out here quick!

Sangria used her anima to teleport herself immediately to Camp Skull Valley and quickly made her way south to Aleport on her trusty chocobo, Seraphim.

“I had the most terrible nightmare!” Sangria exclaimed upon arrival.

“What about?” Kuromi welcomed.

“We were Elezen! Really tall and awkward. Not cute at all,” Sangria gushed then suddenly remembered the most horrific part, “AND I couldn’t dance!”

“Well that was totally a dream and not real at all! Remember when I had that strange dream about being turned into a biscuit by an evil sorcerer!” Kuromi laughed at her own foolishness. “I certainly didn’t wake up and call you, thinking I actually WAS a ginger cookie!”

“I know, I just can’t shake this feeling. Come dance with me!” Sangria invited Kuromi, “We’ll dance until we fall over laughing and erase this terrible nightmare from my thoughts.”

Members of their Linkshell, The Knights of Serenity, began to arrive. The Lalafells were contagious with their cuteness and they all joined in, celebrating their friendship around the campfire in spite of Dalamud’s maleficent glow.

Allegra watched all her friends enjoy the moment but was then confused when they all seemed to slow in unison, their movements becoming choppy. To her horror, everyone froze in place trapped in a moment of joy. With all her might she tried to move but although her mind was consumed with panic and terror, her face was frozen in happiness.

A booming voice ended the torment for her: “ERROR 30002
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vanas Genei
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

A storyteller will sometimes say "this is a true story" in order to frighten. I do not know if my story is true, and that terrifies me. I do not tell it to frighten, I tell it because I cannot bear this fear alone.

I want to call them nightmares, but they are memories. They lack the haziness of dreams and plague my thoughts with a vivid clarity. Though I know in my mind none of it can be true, and my heart aches to deny it, my spirit scorns me for my skepticism.

I remember the future. Memories of Hydaelyn on fire; our civilizations turned to ashes. The fools that sought to control Dalamud eradicated not only Eorzea, but themselves, and the entire world with it. My body was destroyed and yet my consciousness remained. I understood. The Gods saw Hydaelyn as a mistake.

I remember another future. With the fall of The White Raven, Dalamud was repelled and all of Eorzea hailed us as heroes. It was glorious for a time. However in the years to come adventurers began to vanish en masse, disappearing into the Aetheryte never to return. Monsters began to overrun the land, and the world grew cold and dark.

I remember the past. One that never was; in a place I've never been. A place called Vana'diel. I never so much as held a lance in this place. A strange place where the denizens of the land were disquietly similar to our own. I do not know this place, but I recall it fondly. Still, it is not the only past that I see; within the Aetheryte I see echoes of myself, yet they are not me.

I remember the world reborn. Like the world itself, I was the same, but somehow different. The subtleties were unnerving. My grip was incorrect and still my lance would strike true. When traveling between lands I would sometimes feel faint, as if suddenly waking from a dream. Even the shadow I cast upon the ground seemed wrong.

I remember myself. My existence has traversed many worlds, and met with many ends. The ones that came before me haunt my shadow. They say you will join us soon. When the world is reborn I know all that I have accomplished, all the glory I have achieved will shine once more, yet it will shine in a different light. I remember the person I am is gone forever. I remember the end of myself. I remember Vanas Gardthorne.
    (1)

Player

Once there was a young and beautiful hume of Gridania. Her parents had to leave the woods for the night on a urgent leves noticed,quest and all, and had left their daughter home alone with their faithful family dog named Shadow. The young girl was instructed to lock all the doors after they left. She did what she was told, a little scared of being left alone, but confident that her companion would protect her. Naught else to be heard but the rustling of chocos in the nearby stall, and the coals burning fiercely in the coldest of night so not to anger the spirit of the woods..It was a Gridania's tradition and teaching that it was forbidden to burn twigs and branches, lest the woods wrath would awaken in anger...nonetheless, the coals did not bring warmth or courage to the young lady.Alone she was...Naught else to be seen outside except the fog chilled night and eerie bloody moon, and even dalamud's evil glare seems to portend an evil omen.

The silhouette of her parents faded in the night as the girl anxious and nerve wrecked, picked up her favorite book. A book filled with tales of horrors and fears. Stories of ghouls, and goblins, of witches, and demons in the Dark Hold. Stories that would not quicken the faint of heart but that would leave one's face without color, white as snow... stories written of adventurers who had met their untimely end by fate and by evil's embrace . "Why should I be afraid?" says the girl"I have read many scary stories of the twelve woods and yonder but they were all false and lack character said the girl. Surely they are all make believe, nothing but choco pie."Surely, what the dunes folk and elder says are not true. Murderous gob and walking skeletons? Rabble dash! Mom has always told me not to waste my time with frivolous reading, but I cant help it". But unbeknownst to her, her young heart betrayed her...Of all the stories she has read...none would terrify her the most but the story of the night blood Gob...merciless, sinister and dark. A stalker of young damsel.

"Nothing will happen to me while mom and Dad is gone.And besides my faithful dog is by my side. "says the girl. Happy and cheerfully her companion licked the young girl's hand which had always brought her comfort and peace. I should head to bed" thought the girl. Mom and dad will be back by the time I wake up. "Lets go, shadow!" Her companion licked the girls hand. She smiled and prepared for bed. The dog layed underneath the choco feather filled mattress. The girl with pillow under head reached below her bed to receive her dog's affection. Her heart once more at peace now drifted to sleep. But at long last the sweet sleep had left her. The lass awoken to a strange sound. "What is that she thought?" The sound of dripping water. May hap a little leak in the restroom. The girl let out her hand. "Hey shadow, you awake? A lick of comfort she received from under her mattress. Once more at peace, the young girl drifted off to sleep... but awoken not long after to the same sound. "I'm too tired to get up." "Shadow, we cant get any good sleep can we? Another lick of love she received from under her bed.

Asleep again... the lass awoken once more but in need of the restroom. She crept quietly as possible as not to disturb her sleeping dog. She opens the door and horror of horror filled her eyes. Blank stare and skipped heart . Is what I see real? Is what I see a dream? A nightmare it must be...She sees her dog companion hung on a rope, bleeding, and dead. But what scared her most was not the sight of her once beloved companion but what was written on the mirror. written in blood, it says "Gobs can lick too...."
    (0)

Player

(0)

Player

The above two post are one and the same. I had a difficult time getting the host site to display the image. The top being the story "Gobs can lick too" and the image below it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ramen Denkeim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 62

Ghost of The Night Club

Mr. Padman was a lalafell, and like every lala, he loved to eat cookies. Often he will find a row of cookies to eat on the roads every day. By eating each cookie, he’ll get 10 points each.

One day, he went to a dark Ul’dahian night club to look for more cookies. He met Miss Padman, a lalafell too. Even though it’s pretty dark over there, by sharing the cookie-eating stories, they had a great evening. Then, they had several good dates afterward at Ul’dahian night club. Miss Padman was a pretty lala with makeup. She’s also a good dancer, too.

A good life of Mr. Padman, found cookies on the streets and had a girlfriend, angered bunch lala ghosts. So, all the lala ghosts came out of the lala ghost house and try to eat Mr. Padman. Mr. Padman just kept running... but also didn’t forget to eat all the cookies on the road when he passed some… Mr. Padman just kept running and running, but finally he ran to the corner, and there was nowhere out. While in desperated, he said goodbye to all his beloved cookies and did a final prey. He knew he was going to become another lala ghost. However, the cookie god showed up suddenly.

“Son, eat this cookie will give you superior power that you can eat lala ghosts for 200 points each,” cookie god told Mr. Padman.
    Then, cookie god gave Padman a giant cookie.
    “But, it will only last for 15 seconds!” cookie god warned Padman and disappeared in the dark corner.

Mr. Padman ate the giant god cookies and started chasing the ghosts. Padman successfully ate one. The lala ghost just taste like even better giant cookies. The point he got from eating a lala ghost worth more than 20 street small cookies. Most of the lala ghost saw the Padman with special cookie god’s power will start to run from Padman immediately.

Another day, Padman ran into the corner while lured lots lala ghosts chased after him in a bright summer morning. Padman quickly grabbed another giant god cookie and got ready to eat more lala ghost. Most of the ghosts ran away only one of the white one ran to him, and calling Mr. Padman’s name.

“Ha! Must be a noob ghost!” then Padman don’t even think twice and ate it.
    “Wait! This one taste differently…” Padman spit out his new prey and double checked again.

“Oh no! it’s not a lala ghost! Rahhh~~” Padman yelled and turned away and did something mystery…

“It’s Miss Padman without makeup!” Padman said after vomited…

“What have I…. raaa…” /vomit. “… done!” Padman cried out loud.

Mr. Padman killed one of his own source of happiness by his craving of cookies/points…

Some said Miss Padman’s ghost still wondering around in the world. It’s not because she died in the horrible accident. It’s because the ghost guards of the lala ghost house were not sure she was a ghost or no since she didn’t have makeup when she died, and she really looked more "special" than other lala ghosts. There were lots witnesses claimed they seem to meet Miss Padman’s ghost in the Ul’dahian night club because they saw some horrible ones next to them in next morning when it’s brighter.

However, no one can confirm with that…

Be aware in the dark, my friends…

Be aware…
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64

The Crimson Wrath of Dalamud

Have you ever heard of The Crimson Wrath? No?
    Well, according to the legend, The Crimson Wrath was a vicious individual who lived in the Black Shroud many centuries ago. He used to wreck havoc in the Black Shroud and its surroundings by using fragments of Dalamud, so the legend says. What are those fragments of Dalamud you say? Well, unfortunately, the legend doesn't say much beside the fact that those fragments of Dalamud gave birth to a new calamity that is still among us today.

It is no mere coincidence that I am bringing up this story. You should have heard these words before: "Heavens spew crimson flame, hells seep black dooms." With Dalamud growing closer and trashing the land with meteors, Atomos releasing hundreds of vile creatures, there is no doubt that the Seventh Umbral Era is upon us. In addition to the disasters we are facing already, there is one more that makes me shiver above all else. The Crimson Wrath is back and he is here, in La Noscea!

Four days ago, I was on my way to this very hamlet of Wineport when I stumbled on an adventurer half dead on the side of the road. Normally, I would have left him to rot, but in these tough times we all need to help one another. I carried him all the way here and two days later, when he woke up, he started blabbering nonsensical words about bloody red pearls and a shadowy figure. I figured from this what had happened to him.

The poor man was attacked at night by a man donning a red cloak reeking putrefaction. According to the victim, the man first enticed him to walk to a nearby shadowy cave by casting a strange spell. Then, all of a sudden a swarm of bloody red pearls hovering low above the ground appeared and in the blink of an eye overwhelmed our poor fellow. I don't know what saved him, but I can assure you that it was sheer luck.
    A red cloak, strange red pearls... there is no doubt in my mind, it is The Crimson Wrath and the fragments of Dalamud!

I have proofs that he was telling the truth in his delirium. I have found an old mouldy red string on the garb of the victim, it has to be from the red cloak of The Crimson Wrath. But wait, there is more. The legend says that The Crimson Wrath's shadow was always reflected in fires when he was near... and I think we are next, look at the campfire.

----------------------------------
    Spoilers, since the story is finished. Click:

Fragments of Dalamud (the eyes)
    Strange enticing spell
    The nearby cave
    The Crimson Wrath with the fragments of Dalamud (the eyes!)
    (0)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast