Player
    Character
    Lapulapu Surtur
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90

Do you use macros in your rotation?

Just curious because I'm thinking of macroing in Blood for Blood and some other things for HF. Should you use macros now or is it a case basis for abilities?
    (0)
    Last edited by Lapulapu; 10-16-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: misspelled macros in the title and can't change it.

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    The only MNK macros I use are for activating fist abilities with cyclas/boots as needed. Basically just for starting a fight with X fists on. If I have to change mid-battle I just use the action bar cuz it takes too long to disengage, switch gear, activate ability, switch gear again when you're trying to fight darnus or mnk leve, etc.
    (1)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    Lapulapu Surtur
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    hrmmm, so change your body/boots to save mp/enhance FoW... that works? you can disengage and switch gear mid fight? That's somewhat like FFXI's gear swapping. Didn't think that would apply here. Thanks Grey, that's good advice considering I don't use Temple Cyclas anymore^^

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yep you can do all that but it will take 6-7s each time
    (2)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Theres a few useful ways to use macros on monk. Not for WS mind you(positioning, timing and macros do no mix well in my experience :/), but everything else: Starting the fight (Hawks Eye, Invigorate, Spinning Heel(if you like)), a 'Boost' macro (B4B, Keen Flurry, Blindside), usually used right before Dragon Kick. A Evasion macro (Featherfoot, Decoy) and finally an HP macro (Second Wind). Using these i never have to leave my first line of WS on the action bar. Comes in pretty handy.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Six
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    ↑ this

and strength potion macro
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I typically avoid Macros outside of changing job/gear setups inside dungeons to save time. They have a few sparse uses during combat such as countdown timers, calling out rotations (when your coordinating WS/Spells in your party not ability/spell rotation), and maybe popping items so you don't have to scroll through your "use item" list, but generally they are unreliable due to the second or so delay between actions, and sometimes inconsistency of actually going off like they are supposed too making them impractical.
    (1)
    Last edited by SwordCoheir; 10-17-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    that why i stick with actions that are supplemental, which actually are much better(as in: quicker) executed on macros than the action bar. WS however are opposite, totally klunky on macros, smooth as silk on action bar
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    The only macro I use, apart from job changing, is to tell the tank to Collusion me. Never felt the need to make macros for actions, I just set my action bars so that they're easy to use.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lapulapu Surtur
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akubikumo View Post
    Theres a few useful ways to use macros on monk. a 'Boost' macro (B4B, Keen Flurry, Blindside), usually used right before Dragon Kick.
    This is exactly what I was thinking of doing when I'm doing a combo from behind, thanks, good to know it's handy^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast