Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Silence of the Chocobos.

Since chocobos are going to be able to fight with us in 2.0 there was one thing that came to mind.

Casting spells is activated by voice, hence why when silenced, you can't cast.

Chocobos, however, do not talk in human. Does this mean that when they are hit with silence they are immune to it?

If immune to it, couldn't we learn chocobo to make ourselves immune to silence and always cast spells without the fear of silence?

Of course if they are silenced then that must mean silence is more than just something that makes your vocal cords go retarded.

What exactly is silence doing if it can mute a person, and animals?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinrya-Geki View Post
    Since chocobos are going to be able to fight with us in 2.0 there was one thing that came to mind.

Chocobos, however, do not talk in human. Does this mean that when they are hit with silence they are immune to it?

If immune to it, couldn't we learn chocobo to make ourselves immune to silence and always cast spells without the fear of silence?

Of course if they are silenced then that must mean silence is more than just something that makes your vocal cords go retarded.

I think silence would still work with them even if they can't talk lol there lot's of mob that don't talk but silence work on them. So ya sorry i think chocobo can still be silence because they could just sing the spell like birds do lol.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinrya-Geki View Post

In ARR player's Chocobo Whistles will be upgraded by an as of yet implemented clay sculpting crafter class into Chocobo Ocarina a.k.a. Chocarina's. With this simple device you can train your Chocobo to act on command according to the sound or song played on your Chocarina thus bypassing the inability to speak caused by silence... /wish

(0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I think silence works in more ways than just preventing one from talking. I dont think every magic spell requires words, if so I would like all spells voiced too to show this ^^ I never see my characters mouth move when casting either, always the 'concentrating' face. I think the magic debuff also blocks the flow of magic in your body. Or it could be like Amnesia, and you just forget how to cast magic.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    I think silence works in more ways than just preventing one from talking. I dont think every magic spell requires words, if so I would like all spells voiced too to show this ^^ I never see my characters mouth move when casting either, always the 'concentrating' face. I think the magic debuff also blocks the flow of magic in your body. Or it could be like Amnesia, and you just forget how to cast magic.
    Silence does not equal suffocation. Otherwise Silence would be a source of death. Thus, breathing is unobstructed. Which means Chocarina's must be the only viable means of communication between a Chocobo and it's, silenced, master.

I REFUDIATE THAT REMARK.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Silence does not equal suffocation. Otherwise Silence would be a source of death. Thus, breathing is unobstructed. Which means Chocarina's must be the only viable means of communication between a Chocobo and it's, silenced, master.

I REFUDIATE THAT REMARK.
    I never said it suffocated lol. I just mean the words of magic can be spoken and unspoken. Silence blocks both.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    I never said it suffocated lol. I just mean the words of magic can be spoken and unspoken. Silence blocks both.
    Surely, I jest
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Surely, I jest
    Don't call me Surely