Player
    Character
    Good Boy
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90

ARR: Leveling Curve

Would someone be so kind enough in enlightening me as to what is to happen with a-Realm-Reborn's level curve?
    I'm certain it's been discussed before, and recall yoshi-p had stated it would take a certain number of hours to reach a specified level, yet i can't for the life of me find any such posts relating to it :<
    Thanks
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mujen Whisperfall
    World
    Ridill
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Roukiz View Post
    Would someone be so kind enough in enlightening me as to what is to happen with a-Realm-Reborn's level curve?
    I'm certain it's been discussed before, and recall yoshi-p had stated it would take a certain number of hours to reach a specified level, yet i can't for the life of me find any such posts relating to it :<
    Thanks
    I haven't been keeping up with all the little bits & pieces of information being strung together, but I don't think he mentioned anything specific. Overall there are no specifics out about ARR, everything is very vague except for the screen shots, which have been debated to death regarding if they are optimized graphics or basic.
    Anyway, you can search through the following threads..

#1 Translation (JP to English)
    #2 Coming in 2.0
    Screenshots (Recent): New PS3 UI Screenshots
    (0)
    Last edited by Mujen; 10-15-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    As you can see in all the current screenshots been released, the Max Cap for 50 is 550,000 in the current version you can't gain EXP at 50 (thus displays as 0 in-game, in the dats it is 110k), so its assumed it will be like XI where you can EXP into the level and it stops at the cap. This would make the idea that the levelling curve has been increased by 500% (as its currently 100k to for 49-50).

In the recent live letter video where he was level 10, his cap was 10,690, where as currently it is 5,000 to go from 10-11. This would only be little over 200% increase. So the curve seems to be changing a lot. I dont think we have screenshots of levels outside 10 and 50. In the same video he kills a lv 6 mob (4 levels lower) and gains 45(+0) 46(+2%) exp, idk how that related to current but just a value. Mob same level gave 96exp. A synth he did gained him 570(+91%), botany I didnt get, sometimes he got exp, sometimes he didn't, sometimes he got two sets of exp, so have to wait =D

That said, he has mentioned in videos and even on that TGS Panel that levelling will be done primarily through questing, and even after hitting 50 you will have plenty left. Then there is also levelling dungeons, with the concept recently released being a 40-45 levelling area.

so all that, narrows down to, don't know how it will be XD
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yoshi-P stated in an interview it should take a player brand new to the game somewhere around 30 hours to complete the entire set of tutorial quests (which I believe is levels 1-10). Current players should be able to go through it much faster I'd think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Affidon Kepler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    Yoshi-P stated in an interview it should take a player brand new to the game somewhere around 30 hours to complete the entire set of tutorial quests (which I believe is levels 1-10). Current players should be able to go through it much faster I'd think.
    Geez 30 hours to get from level 1-10? I know they changed the leveling in XIV 1.0 to allow for more solo play but I can get from level 1-10 in about 30 minutes. That seems like a GIANT modification to the curve they are making. Glad I'll be jumping in with my Level 50
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    Geez 30 hours to get from level 1-10? I know they changed the leveling in XIV 1.0 to allow for more solo play but I can get from level 1-10 in about 30 minutes. That seems like a GIANT modification to the curve they are making. Glad I'll be jumping in with my Level 50
    I think its more the fact that it will be tutorial, if you go make a new character now from scratch, go through the current tutorial include leve quest tutorial, you will be up to almost 1hour just on that. You can get to 10 very easy, probably not 30 minutes as a brand new character following/reading a tutorial though. + Watching cutscenes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yeah, it sounds like xp is only going to be rewarded through quest completion only, so you won't gain additional xp from the mobs you kill while on the quest. This on top of all of the reading a new player will have to do to get familiar with all the game systems is what will probably take a while. Once someone reaches level 10, they should be fairly comfortable with the game at that point, and should be able to breeze through quests pretty easily, which will increase the rate in which they level up.

I'll be playing Arcanist to start (as will probably most players that already have maxed out battle classes) so it'll be interested to see how slow (or fast) leveling will be in ARR compared to now.
    (0)