Character
    Affidon Kepler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Mob Copy-Paste

Devs,

I understand the need to reuse some mob models for the sake of reducing the load and space required for the game. However, I feel that some mobs should NEVER be reused at higher levels. When you've spent 30 hours leveling a character, realizing that you could still get killed by a Marmot because he is level 55 and you are level 45 is a bit odd. Please try to avoid reusing critter type mobs at high levels. A Marmot is a Marmot, period. And while I will let the fact that at low levels it takes more than 1 slice of my sword to kill them, there should never be a situation where you can die from fighting one, especially at higher levels.

Thanks
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    because a marmot isn't a critter, but a regular mob
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Turuphant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

That's no ordinary rabbit! It's the most foul, cruel, and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes on!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I died to a ladybug in FFXI and a GM saw it and laughed at me...

GM "It's hard to believe a mighty dragoon can be felled by a ladybug... hehehe :S"

A Marmot doesn't seem as bad. Atleast it could have rabies and kills you from DoT.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sasha Calico
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    True however, it would be nice if say marmots and other small critters had a lvl 30 cap or something along those lines. I just want to fight things that actually seem like a threat to more things than just our crops lol. I want to fight those iron giant dudes and other things that look like they can tear some shit up.

Enough of the killing of farm animals its time to fight the things that require adventurers instead of simple hunter gatherers lol.

Player
    Character
    Affidon Kepler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This is one thing that I have watched turned non-FF players off every time I try to show them the game. Their first reaction is always "why would I want to kill a rabbit when I could be killing Sith Lords or slaying giant dragons?". Unfortunately I have no answer for them. Low level grunt work - sure - but after like level 15 we should only see these as harmless little creatures that you can whack in one shot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Turuphant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    This is one thing that I have watched turned non-FF players off every time I try to show them the game. Their first reaction is always "why would I want to kill a rabbit when I could be killing Sith Lords or slaying giant dragons?". Unfortunately I have no answer for them. Low level grunt work - sure - but after like level 15 we should only see these as harmless little creatures that you can whack in one shot.
    Wow. They must have some insecurity issues if they need to feel powerful in order to have fun.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Affidon Kepler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Keisuna View Post
    Wow. They must have some insecurity issues if they need to feel powerful in order to have fun.
    I enjoy the feeling of spending 100 hours leveling a character to know I can still ultimately get killed by a rat

-_-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Turuphant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    I enjoy the feeling of spending 100 hours leveling a character to know I can still ultimately get killed by a rat

-_-
    I agree, that isn't fun. What's fun is leveling your character and seeing them grow and progress.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Affidon Kepler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Keisuna View Post
    I agree, that isn't fun. What's fun is leveling your character and seeing them grow and progress.
    Exactly, I.E. fighting bigger and badder things
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast