Character
    Shiro Turuphant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    Exactly, I.E. fighting bigger and badder things
    In relation to what you were fighting before, yes, I agree. And that's a lot of what was wrong with FFXI, was that lvl 1 mobs and lvl 70 mobs often looked much the same, so there wasn't a clear sense of progression. It wasn't that the crab was small and weak looking, it was the fact that you supposedly progressed a long way and yet it didn't look very different, so it didn't feel any different.

But the fact that anyone can only have fun if they're fighting something awesome looking like a dragon or sith lord is incredibly near sighted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Affidon Kepler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Well now, in FFXI is was much more tolerable because at least in that online game there was a HUGE diversity in geography (see my other post) that made you not think about the fact that you are fighting the same thing at level 60 as you were at level 2. In FFXIV 1.0 not only are you fighting the same things but the areas are basically all the same with only slight variations.

And I don't think it's near sighted for people to say what is and what is not fun for them. It's a valid question posed by many. And it was Square's (my favorite game maker of the last 12 years, so you know where I stand) decision to ignore the wants and needs of those voicing their opinions that caused 1.0 to fail on an enormous scale. What made offline FF games so awesome (aside from the story, cutsenes, and freedom to roam) you ask? Well, after the first few levels you fought more and more awesome monsters. Would you have enjoyed FFVII, VIII, X, or XII as much if towards the end of the game you were still being randomly attacked by the same mobs that attacked you at level I? Probably not. So, why should an MMO be any different?

In fact, getting rid of all the level 50 marmots and various other critters that should only populate low level areas will free up some memory. Nobody is going to waste time killing them, so remove them and free up the resources for other things. Just saying, if they want this thing to be a success and draw in players of other MMOs little things like this have to change. Someone who has never played it has to sit down in the first 5 minutes and be like "woah, this is awesome," otherwise they won't stick around, and those of us who love square and will play anyways will face having to play on unpopulated servers, potential lack of updates, and a potentially short life-span.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2