Player
    Character
    Astraea Moonsong
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldir90 View Post
    I'm relatively positive the level cap will NOT increase. The biggest issue with ffxiv right now is lack of content, specifically endgame.

The Devs have a ton of development to do, and the last thing they need is to make the current content they DO have become irrelevant. not to mention all the people that will be joining new come ARR that they want current endgame content to still be new and relevant for.

Lastly, while materia will have reforms, I still highly doubt SE is going to make some of the best gear (triple melds/etc) worthless, since it would be a big middle finger to the people that worked hard/paid a lot of gil for some of these items. In the last letter, i believe yoshi-p specifically stated they are "doing there best" to maintain relevancy for materia'd gear.

I think it will fall into the category where heavily melded gear will remain "upper tier" gear, but will not be the endall, be all gear.
    You underestimate Yoshida. There will be a level cap increase eventually, and there will be gear being rendered invalid. Has happened many times since the Sept 21, 2010 launch of this game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Issachar View Post
    You underestimate Yoshida. There will be a level cap increase eventually, and there will be gear being rendered invalid. Has happened many times since the Sept 21, 2010 launch of this game.
    Weapons are cycled through pretty quickly, but armor remains relevant for much longer, at level cap anyway. The only time something became completely useless was Darkhold armor after materia was introduced.

It's a given that we'll have a level cap increase at some point, but in all honesty, do we REALLY want to hold onto the same equipment for 3+ years at a time again though? I know I don't. I don't want stuff to become obsolete every two months but I sure as hell don't want to be running the same content years from now for the same drops.

Things will get really stale after having the same level cap for too long. People have to just accept that their stuff will become obsolete at some point.
    (1)
    Last edited by Orophin; 10-16-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    They already said they aren't raising the level cap...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Level cap will raise with the first AAR expansion pack.
    Which I don't see happening for at least a year after relaunch.
    (0)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    i'll admit to be a lil bit curious... who, what and how thing will be going down after the world of Eorzea is Zombified.
    (0)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Astraea Moonsong
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    They already said they aren't raising the level cap...
    I didn't mean immediately. I meant when they do.
    (0)

Character
    Denmo Mcstronghuge
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Fact: Your data will be saved on November 1st.

Fact; Your will have the opportunity to log in until November 11th, and then the server shuts down.

Speculation: There will be an event in those last 10 days that should give the game a proper send-off.

Speculation: Yoshi-P will make appearances on each server to talk to players "in person"

Speculation: Whatever area Yoshi-P enters will crash 5 minutes later due to throngs of players in tow.

Fact: Yoshi-P is male.

Fact: The level cap is 50.

Speculation: The level cap will be raised with the first expansion pack.

Fact: Denmo is a brilliant person and should be admired.

Fact: The statement above this one is purely speculation.

Speculation: Players will consider November 1st the final day, and shut off the game forever.

Speculation: Those players will reconsider when other players report finding cake and ice cream falling from the sky.

Speculation: The cake and ice cream will be a ploy to trick said players to log back in only to die at Garlean invader hands.

Fact: Cake and ice cream will make you fat if eaten too much.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Denmo View Post

Fact; Your will have the opportunity to log in until November 11th, and then the server shuts down.

Speculation: There will be an event in those last 10 days that should give the game a proper send-off.

Speculation: Yoshi-P will make appearances on each server to talk to players "in person"

Speculation: Whatever area Yoshi-P enters will crash 5 minutes later due to throngs of players in tow.

Speculation: Players will consider November 1st the final day, and shut off the game forever.

Speculation: Those players will reconsider when other players report finding cake and ice cream falling from the sky.

Speculation: The cake and ice cream will be a ploy to trick said players to log back in only to die at Garlean invader hands.

Not only is all of this, including its categorisation as fact or speculation, correctly stated, it made me laugh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xt Hydra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Denmo View Post

i suspect you know too much from this event
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2