Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Just a heads up that the team is currently optimizing SLI settings and we'll announce once it has been finalized. So while the option for SLI will exist in the Beta Test, we ask that you keep this graphical setting turned off.

Additionally, we will also be looking into AMD Dual Graphics to possibly support this in the future.
    (30)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Day_Night View Post
    Crossfire so far is only enabled when running game under full screen, which sucks because you can't ALT+TAB or it would crash. regarding ARR, game would still be the same(either fullscreen or gtfo) since the game would still be DX9, and to have crossfire running while windowed it has to be DX11 which is going to be awhile before they implement it as yoshi said.
    No, we'll be able to alt-tab in ARR from full screen. DX9 has nothing to do with that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Just a heads up that the team is currently optimizing SLI settings and we'll announce once it has been finalized. So while the option for SLI will exist in the Beta Test, we ask that you keep this graphical setting turned off.

Additionally, we will also be looking into AMD Dual Graphics to possibly support this in the future.
    Hmm. I'm curious, I'll just turn it on this one time and see...

Disclaimer: Kids, don't turn on your SLI at home. It's dangerous.
    (4)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiamiie View Post
    Hmm. I'm curious, I'll just turn it on this one time and see...

Disclaimer: Kids, don't turn on your SLI at home. It's dangerous.
    You made my day. Wow, that was funny.
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Is it possible to turn off SLI when the GTX 690 is basicly 2 x GTX680s in 1 single card? I never buy 2 cards and use SLI/Xfire, so I have no idea how to turn it off, if its even possible on the GTX690 card
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    using a 690 or similar card that has 2 GPU on one card isn't the same as using 2 separate cards. It is still treated as a single card configuration.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Man I hope they don't put crossfire on the back-burner forever. That's going to make me sad
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    using a 690 or similar card that has 2 GPU on one card isn't the same as using 2 separate cards. It is still treated as a single card configuration.
    The reason I asked, is because when I played ARR with my Radeon 6950, it ran everything smoothly with high FPS on Highest settings, and when I installed my GTX690, it made the game laggy, gfx stuttered due to really low FPS.
    All other games I got on my PC runs way better than when I had the 6950. So why did ARR perform alot worse
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    No, it's treated as 2 cards. I have 2 5970s, and in Windows it looks like 4 cards. In the past this was somewhat correct, there were dual GPU cards in the Voodoo3/4/5 era that looked like single cards. But all current ones are basically two cards on a single board. They still however look like 2 Cards to the system. XFire/SLI is just done internally.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Altera View Post
    All other games I got on my PC runs way better than when I had the 6950. So why did ARR perform alot worse
    Here's the technical answer:
    The problem with ARR is it has the same executable name(ffxivgame.exe) as FFXIV 1.0 so Nvidia drivers chooses FFXIV 1.0 game profile. ARR is a new game engine so the FFXIV 1.0 SLI settings are incorrect. This is why SE is telling you to turn it off.

You can use Nvidia Inspector to modify the game profile, you can try changing the SLI compatibility bits to a different game to see if you get better results.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pseudopsia; 01-18-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast