Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

quarrying point reset

I really want to finish the quarrying in Iron Lake but with the imperials there more and more of the time it's almost impossible to do any mining in between and with only 2 quarrying points...well, you know what it's like.

I've noticed that over night (my time) gathering nodes get reset and I was hoping that it was actually happening every time I logged off but that's not the case so does anyone know how that works?

Are the gathering nodes reset at a specific time every 24 hours? Do you have to be logged off, or just not mining in this case, for X amount of hours? I know I can go somewhere else and quarry/mine but I am trying to figure out if I need to do that or if there is another reset mechanism that will help me finish this achievement before Nov 1st. Annoyingly, if I only mine the 2 nodes in Iron Lake once a day I would finish on Nov 2nd...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Now this is not statistcally tested, it's just coming from the vibe I've been getting from all the mining I've done:

Mining nodes will become "nearly exhausted" after either a certain amount of gathering activities is made on them, or a certain amount of time lapses. Once it becomes "nearly exhausted", it will cause the deposit to collapse after just a few more gathering activities on the node (in the time-case, just once). This is independent for every node.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The OP is talking about quarrying, not mining. Quarries don't get exhausted.

Yes, it seems that after a certain period of time, your gathering history is reset (this is what I call keeps track of what you can't gather from because you did it recently). I've never bothered to actually figure out, but it could be X number of hours after your last gather, or it could simply be a particular time of day each day for everyone (such as JP midnight).

Just cycling between 1 mining node and the 2 quarry nodes, or 2 mining nodes and 1 quarry node, will allow you to quarry constantly -- why are you not doing that?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The OP is talking about quarrying, not mining. Quarries don't get exhausted.

Yes, it seems that after a certain period of time, your gathering history is reset (this is what I call keeps track of what you can't gather from because you did it recently). I've never bothered to actually figure out, but it could be X number of hours after your last gather, or it could simply be a particular time of day each day for everyone (such as JP midnight).

Just cycling between 1 mining node and the 2 quarry nodes, or 2 mining nodes and 1 quarry node, will allow you to quarry constantly -- why are you not doing that?
    Because Iron Lake is overrun with Imperials every time I am there and I would have to stealth to the mining nodes which can be quite far away. I see that as plan C.
    (0)