Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which weapon?

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hanabira View Post
    is that true? ive always read it as .. increases your crit rate, for every spell that dosent crit, increases crit rate. i dont think ive ever seen it last for more than 2 spells.
    That's always been my interpretation as well. I've never seen any player testing or clarification from a dev one way or the other though.

I use the AF body, so I'll normally pop excruciate right before thundara. Most of the time it procs on thundaga, but occasionally it will cause a Thundara crit (which I'm ok with since I always pair parsimony with thundaga anyway). Very rarely I've had it still active after thundaga and proc on the following thunder (which sucks).

When I'm not wearing AF body, it's a lot more random. I'll usually use it before Thunder in that case. As long as it doesn't crit on Thunder, I feel it hasn't been wasted. Once or twice I've actually had excruciate time out without forcing a crit at all. That was more than a little annoying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Well the longer excruciate is up the more chance you get a crit, and I do the same, excruciate on thundara with af body On, thunder without.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amunaptra Sunamur
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanabira View Post
    is that true? ive always read it as .. increases your crit rate, for every spell that dosent crit, increases crit rate. i dont think ive ever seen it last for more than 2 spells.
    No It has nothing to do with how many spells you have casted.
    While doing AV I always pop Excruciate when entering one of the poison rooms, by the time we get to the spot and I cast Flare the timer is at < 10 sec and is always a crit
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sestina Aster
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    You can probably get that 20k even higher by re examining your rotation. I run a Garuda group on Excalibur and when we really push it we can generally pull out a 90% win rate. We use a 4 blm burn and so I have grown accustomed to teaching newcomers how to up their damage.

Make sure you are doing the following:

Cast a comboed thundara on cooldown or as close to cooldown as possible.

Use blizzard and freeze as filler spells to fill the time in between thundara casts.

Always bring elixirs and use sanguine rite for AB. No other potions are necessary.

Only ever cast thundaga when you can force it to crit with Excruciate and get your mp back wiith parsimony. If you can work it out to hit these two abilities with burst instead then do so. Do not, however, go out of your way to use them with burst as it would become a dps loss.

If you use a 4x blm burn like we do then you will want to burn the boss to 65% before the 2nd teleport. To achieve this regularly we give the 2 brds and the paladin time to get hate and tp before the blms start to nuke. Since the fight doesn't really begin until Garuda goes below 90% you could essentially have the tank get hate for the entire duration of the fight timer and never see a teleport. With just the brds and the pld on it we end up giving the tank about 2minutes to get hate before I call for the dps to get ready and the whm to begin hitting it with stone. I have the blms hit it with thunder once to get het below 90% so that they can all begin their main dps rotation with a combo thundara ready to go.

If you stop at 65 percent you may want to keep one blm on her that can keep hitting her but can keep an eye on her percentage so that she does not go below 60% which is the actual cut off. The reason we do this is because when Garuda sends out her plumes she cannot do a teleport, send out more plumes, or do AB until all current plumes have either exploded or been killed. However Garuda goes into what I call "AB mode" when she goes below 60% HP. At this point she will send out two more waves of plumes before triggering AB. So if you have her as close to 60% as possible without risking going over before the 2nd set of plumes you want to wait for these plumes to come out before you resume dps as you will essentially have the time allotted for 3 sets of plumes to bring her down instead of two since she cannot start "AB mode" until all plumes have gone. Typically we bring her down to 25 to 15 percent before she ABs (once it was down to 10).

At this point all you need to do is focus down the boss before the clones disappear, reappear, and blow everything to smithereens. The tank is going to take a ton of damage and get stunlocked a lot so the whm needs to be aware of this. Hate can be an issue here as the whm may pull the clones. As long as the tank has the boss facing away from the rest of the party you should be able to pull of easy wins with little issue.

One other thing: we have the Brds only protect 2 pillars. The brd on the Mage pillar Needs to do the acc song and be prepared to re apply stone skin if a plume goes off on the mages. The other brd has the first battle voice (for AB) and the mp song. There are a number of reasons we only do 2 pillars, but the most obscure of which is that it can significantly increase our dps time in letting the plumes on the other pillars run for their full duration.

I would write more but my iPad battery is about to die.
    (2)

"A way of seeing is also a way of not seeing."
    Kazem Chaharbaghi - The Problematic of Strategy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3