Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Issachar View Post
    There's no point, since any of the items worth wearing are already very strong. (100HP, Sanction: 50 ACC on a set of gloves from the Maelstrom, for instance)

As for trading gear, they said you can change GC in 2.0, but you won't be able to wear other GC's items. So no mix/matching.
    Only the officer gear has sanction bonuses, and all their stats are stupid regardless of sanction. They are also not balanced. One GC's stats and sanction bonus are different than anothers on the same piece.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kai Zoku
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    this is an interesting point, i see why some people would want that idea implemented, and i can see why others dont agree, it makes for a good topic

from the point of view of those who want this idea, i understand, ive faced the same issue being from the Maelstorm and playing BLM for LS events, at times it felt the people with the uldah gear had a bit of advantage in the overall DPS due to more suitable stats for their BLM. so i think i understand where your coming from, however i think theres a solution to this that was already ingame, what i did was i just bought double melded normal gear for BLM and i also got the Militia armor,

now if the argument is just for wanting your char to look a certain way (GC gear) and have some stats built for it from a NPC vendor, i think time will solve that, by SE adding gear that you will want more then GC gear in the long run, it will look better and have better stats, i dunno ive seen that happen over and over on FFXI

and the other side you got the people who dont agree, and i see their point as valid too, im 50/50 on this one. =S
    (0)
    / (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Щ(ºДºщ);

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I am really split on this idea. What drew me to the game in the first place was the armory system and the promise of being able to play every class. Once I started to play though I liked the idea that certain classes were connected to certain guilds and in certain cities. These are obviously somewhat contradictory ideas. I do support the OPs idea though. I play mostly mages and I am from Gridania and therefore belong to the serpents. Sadly, the WHM GC gear is not useful because of the strength of the WHM AF gear and the serpents have nothing like the Flames gear for BLM.

Since I would never consider abandoning the serpents I would like a way to get good GC gear for BLM which is why this idea appeals to me.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2