Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

Dye Saturation

SE,

Ever since I did the harvesting achievements in La Noscea I've accumulated so much dye that most of it has been discarded. I have 3 stacks in retainer, which is enough to make "blue fields" a literal phrase in all of La Noscea (don't tempt me to dump it on the burbles, while I'm at it). Yesterday I took up harvesting in Iron Lake for Trillium Bulbs, and have accumulated more than a full stack of 99 All-Purpose Blue Dye before obtaining my 30th Trillium Bulb. I get more dye than Trillum Bulbs and Flowers combined. My retainer space is better used for selling other things. Is it at all possible to lower the drop rate on dye in 2.0? It should not be hard to get, but this is ridiculous. The amount I have will likely last me for years.

Thanks,
    Yru of the Meadow Grasses

Edit: I just remembered that, at least for logging, we can select the item we want. NEVERMIND! I hope this is true of harvesting and the other off-hand tools.
    (2)
    Last edited by Yrusama; 10-09-2012 at 01:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The dying system is set to change in 2.0 as it is. They plan to introduce many colors, so I don't know how feasible it'd be to be able to gather 32 (that's a number they put out there in an earlier producer letter explaining the new dying system) different dyes. I think they may end up being purchasable from NPCs and you just use it on whatever you want to dye.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    The dying system is set to change in 2.0 as it is. They plan to introduce many colors, so I don't know how feasible it'd be to be able to gather 32 (that's a number they put out there in an earlier producer letter explaining the new dying system) different dyes. I think they may end up being purchasable from NPCs and you just use it on whatever you want to dye.
    What an informative response! I was sort of expecting a "lol@you /10char" response, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

A 32-color palette sounds awesome! I'll have to go find a crayon box to see how much variety to expect. The most recent trailer was very colorful, so I hope whatever combinations people come up with will fit well in the environments. I'm also curious about how many more linkshell crest varieties they'll add. Hopefully more accent colors than White and Yellow.
    (0)
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    What an informative response! I was sort of expecting a "lol@you /10char" response, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Eh, I try to be helpful when I can. I only troll threads that really deserve it. :P

I do hope the reps give a post detailing the dying system a little more in depth (aka the actual method of obtaining dyes) since the information we have is several months old now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    Eh, I try to be helpful when I can. I only troll threads that really deserve it. :P

I do hope the reps give a post detailing the dying system a little more in depth (aka the actual method of obtaining dyes) since the information we have is several months old now.
    Agreed. The more info, the better. I'm curious how macros will distinguish two of the same gear if they're different color and have different materia now that the names are the same. Probably a moot point, but I'm sure it'll come up. All in all, though, even if we get spammed with useless info, it'd be nice to have more to look at XD. It seems like they only post info as soon as I stop checking the lodestone every day.
    (0)
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise