Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Fated Erskine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    They are removing ammunition from the game, they no longer have an excuse to prevent ARC from having a ranged auto attack.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fated View Post
    They are removing ammunition from the game, they no longer have an excuse to prevent ARC from having a ranged auto attack.
    This is true. And, could quite possibly end up happening. Classes are changing, and maybe they will get rid of light shot in order for archer to auto attack with ranged. tho, that will end up changing Barrage too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arkine Vanrien
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    He said he wanted to have an exaggerated auto attack where you hit the enemy with the book in a way it looks like it will hurt a lot, but its not really going to hurt much all that much.

Painful indeed.
    (2)

Punching makes way more sense than smacking with a wooden (though sometimes reinforced) bow. You can whack someone with a gun np, but a bow? lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fated View Post
    They will have a ranged auto-attack, but it will switch to punching when the target gets close to you. As for striking with the bow, Skyrim did it, so I don't see a problem with it, but I'd rather they just keep shooting the enemy with arrows honestly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune1004 View Post
    They will have a ranged auto-attack, but it will switch to punching when the target gets close to you. As for striking with the bow, Skyrim did it, so I don't see a problem with it, but I'd rather they just keep shooting the enemy with arrows honestly.
    They should keep shooting with arrows, as punching does less damage than arrows. making them punch up close would make it hard to do anything solo as an archer, as it is difficult to keep your distance. Along with that, the 8 yalm range requirement for combos on archer skills also makes it difficult to solo with them :/ unless youre fighting a ranged enemy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    It's hard to argue from a realism standpoint in a video game... but really trying to hit someone in melee range with a projectile from a bow is incredibly difficult, so having a melee option really does make more sense. Hitting things with your bow would largely be more diversionary and defensive rather than a reliable offensive tactic.

Keeping in mind that when I say "Melee range" I mean close enough that your target could be physically hitting you too, not to mention pushing your bow to the side or out of the way .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    So when they are close range their AA switches to punches with gimped damage, thus encouraging ARCs to maintain distance and attack from range.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecilia Amor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I would think a stab attack with an arrow would make far more sense then smacking them with a fragile bow
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    It's hard to argue from a realism standpoint in a video game... but really trying to hit someone in melee range with a projectile from a bow is incredibly difficult, so having a melee option really does make more sense. Hitting things with your bow would largely be more diversionary and defensive rather than a reliable offensive tactic.

Keeping in mind that when I say "Melee range" I mean close enough that your target could be physically hitting you too, not to mention pushing your bow to the side or out of the way .
    Good thing this is an RPG
    (0)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast