Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Celeste Firesped
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    so according to your rules, to win. you must have a permanent residence in Europe and (insert other country in the list here).

is that supposed to be "or"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    For those of you asking wether you can include non in game ingredients:

Rejoice European players! The Culinarian Creation Contest has now arrived to our land! This time, adventurers will be tasked with preparing a dessert! So what will it be? Cake? Pastry? Pudding!? The choice is yours! All you have to do is to create a dessert recipe using ingredients found in Eorzea (and their real life counterparts)! Post it alongside an in-game screenshot of your character cooking as a Culinarian at the guild in Limsa Lominsa and the Community Team will let their salivary glands take care of the rest.

We’ll be picking 3 winners per language (a total of 9 winners)!

Please read the following full rules for details before you submit your entry.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Hey Youmukon, I noticed that two of the entries "Meduras Lefser" and the "Sultanas Cake" were themselves made up of either two recipes in the case of the lefse (dough and cream) and four recipes in the case of the cake (sponge cake, marsipan, marsipan rose, custard).

These two recipes inspired me to make up a similar sweet requiring other potentially as of yet non-existant recipes as materials. Is this allowable? or is this in direct violation of:

Entries are limited to one per person. In the case multiple entries are submitted, only the first one will be accepted.
    ?

Considering that one recipe involves more than one non existant recipe...I don't really know how to interpret this. A little clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by mbncd View Post
    This is a EU region contest, wouldn't those countries be in the Japanese/Asian region? As an Australian, I'm in the EU region but I don't think they would be.
    Brunei, and Timor Leste are South East Asian nations, just like Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore
    and no, I dont think it exist in Asian version of the game

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Youmukon, one more quick question, can event only ingredients such as Powdered Sugar be used in the making of our delectable delicatessens?
    (0)

Good morning dear Gourmets of Eorzea,

First things first: of course it should say "Contestants must have a permanent residence in Europe or [...]". So everyone that has a permanent residence in one of the listed countries can participate.
    Thank you Firesped for spotting this ! I apologize for the mistake.

Players from North America can not win this time, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. But since we already held a similar contest for the NA region we appreciate your understanding.

For the recipes, please use actual ingredients from the game. Please bear in mind that you would like fellow Eorzeans (or us ComReps)to eat and enjoy your dessert, so please have some mercy and refer from using sand, stones and the like

Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Hey Youmukon, I noticed that two of the entries "Meduras Lefser" and the "Sultanas Cake" were themselves made up of either two recipes in the case of the lefse (dough and cream) and four recipes in the case of the cake (sponge cake, marsipan, marsipan rose, custard).

These two recipes inspired me to make up a similar sweet requiring other potentially as of yet non-existant recipes as materials. Is this allowable? or is this in direct violation of: "Entries are limited to one per person. In the case multiple entries are submitted, only the first one will be accepted" ?

Considering that one recipe involves more than one non existant recipe...I don't really know how to interpret this. A little clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    It is perfectly fine if you want to create base and topping using two separate recipes. By saying "Entries are limited to one per person. In the case multiple entries are submitted, only the first one will be accepted" we are talking about players who - for example - make one post about making ice cream and another post about baking a chocolate sponge cake. These are two different posts with two different dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Youmukon, one more quick question, can event only ingredients such as Powdered Sugar be used in the making of our delectable delicatessens?
    Since Powdered Sugar is an actual in-game item, please feel free to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Kirol View Post
    Is it Ok to include Moon / Dalamud nuts in the recipe for this?
    Since it is a nut (and nuts are usually edible), please feel free to use it.

I hope this answered all your questions but if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Deltara Delettre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasunaich View Post

For the recipes, please use actual ingredients from the game. Please bear in mind that you would like fellow Eorzeans (or us ComReps)to eat and enjoy your dessert, so please have some mercy and refer from using sand, stones and the like
    Isn't Stone Soup made using mudstone? So the devs can feed the playerbase with rocks but the players can't feed other players with rocks!?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirol Blackgate
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Since it is a nut (and nuts are usually edible), please feel free to use it.
    Thank you muchly! I just wasn't sure, seeing as it's not an obtainable item any more, but I keep my nuts in my bazaar!
    That pleases me!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Teddy Maximoff
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Some alchemy ingredients can be used to substitute the lack of other ingredients, just as long as you know how they are to be used. Natron is an excellent substitute for baking soda for an example (practically the same thing!).~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Thanks for your timely respons Sasunaich, I have but one last question. I just submitted my entry (see Master "Chef" Matsume's Magnificent Meteor Mille Feuile aka Rolanberry Fields Forever) and realized just after posting that I hadn't put the (real world equivalent) following the in game ingredients. I hope this wont be a problem seeing as all of the ingredients (save the berry) already are their real world counterparts?

Thanks again! Cheers~~
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast