Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    "Cream pom pom"
    A profiterole that resembles a Moogle's pom pom.

1 vial of elixer
    1 stick of salted butter
    1 sack of sunset wheat flour
    1 pinch of table salt
    1 pot of maple sugar
    3 chicken eggs
    1 can of sweet cream
    3 pinches of powdered sugar

Recipe:

Bring the elixir to boil in the pan. Add the butter and wait until it melts. Sieve the flour, table salt and maple sugar together then add it into the mixture. Beat the mixture into a dough. Take off the pan to cool and add egg yolks while continuing to beat. Cook the dough until puffed and crisp. Wait to cool, pipe in the sweet cream and top off with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Skuld Veil
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    "Panna cotta with blood currant sauce"

Ingredients:

- 1 can of aldgoat milk (milk)
    - 1 can of sweet cream (double cream)
    - a bundle of vanilla beans (vanilla)
    - 5 pinches of powdered sugar (sugar)
    - 1 pinch of gelatin (gelatin)
    - 1 cup of mineral water (water)
    - 3 blood currants (red berry)
    - 2 rolanberries (strawberry)

Recipe:

Place the aldgoat milk and the sweet cream in a saucepan.
    With a small sharp knife split the vanilla beans lengthways and scrape the seeds from
    inside the bean. Add the seeds and bean to the saucepan.
    Bring the mix to the boil over a medium heat. Remove from the heat and set aside for
    10 min.
    Meanwhile, place the gelatin and the mineral water in a bowl and stir until dissolved
    Discard the beans from the mixture, add the sugar and the disolved gelatin and heat it
    on a low heat until the sugar dissloves. Make sure not to boil.
    Put the mix into dessert cups but just fill them half. Refrigerate until firm.

For the red berry sauce heat the blood currants and the rolanberries, 2 tablespoons of
    sugar and ¼ cup of mineral water in a small saucepan and let simmer over low heat for
    10 minutes until the blood currants are cooked down.
    Strain the sauce through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Pour strained sauce over panna
    cotta.
    Let it chill on the fridge until serve.

(1)
    Think fast, Live slow

Player
    Character
    Allen Makenshi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 72

"Ala Mhigo Traditional Bluff"

"Ala Mhigo Traditional Bluff"

Ingredients
    1 Bottle of lemon juice
    2 Bottles of blackberry juice
    1 Jar of orange rasps
    2 Cups of egg white
    2 Pinch of sugar
    8 Ladyfingers
    4 Strawberries
    8 Blackberries

Result
    Creates 4 desert glasses of Ala Mhigo Traditional Bluff.
    (HQ) Creates 6 desert glasses of Ala Mhigo Traditional Bluff.

==================================================================

Description
    The sweetness of Ala Mhigo's finest royal cooks. This common desert is an overwhelming sensation of fruity tasted combined with a rich and flighty sweet sensation of the bluff's foam. The Highlanders often took these formidable deserts with them on their travels, calling it also the "blessing of Rhalgr" or "lightning struck", referring to the intense taste of the bluff.

Preparation
    Take a big bowl and insert the egg whites together with the blackberry juice and the sugar. Beat the the ingredients in the bowl until all sugar disappears and all egg white is beaten stiff as one solid foam that does not fall apart. Insert the the contents of the bowl into serving glasses. Spread a thin layer of lemon juice over the foam. Now sprinkle the orange rasps over the foam and add two blackberries in the center top. Cut the strawberry is thin slices and lay the decoratively on foam at the border of the desert glass. Finally add a two ladyfingers on the border next to the strawberry slices and push the in the foam a little.

Serving Tips
    Before serving the desert glasses it's recommended to put the desert glasses in a cool place for a while so the increase in temperature in the foam that was created while preparing it will lower again.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    "Dalamud Cone"
    A most magnificent mess made from merging meaningless magic mitigation matter with a modicum of mellifluous morsels!

Ingredients:
    • [item=3010604]Buffalo Milk[/item] (milk)
    • [item=3011504]Sweet Cream[/item] (cream)
    • [item=3011015]Chicken Egg[/item] x2 (eggs)
    • [item=3011503]Maple Sugar[/item] (sugar)
    • [item=3011458]Rolanberry[/item] (strawberry)
    • [item=3011419]Dalamud Nut[/item] (nuts)
    • [item=8013635]Dalamud Horn[/item] (cone)

Recipe:
    1. Militantly mutilate your main myth muneration, mourning mawkishly (maybe)
    2. Mollify the milky materials with a measure of the maple maltose and massage mildly
    3. Marshal the middle of the mucoids, making a mellow mush and mingle with the mixture
    4. Manouever the melting mass to the magical magnum, marrying the makings meticulously
    5. Malevolently mash the maroon morsel, maximising moistness then migrate onto the major member
    6. Macerate the marmot-meal to a mist and merge moderately to the munchies
    7. Masticate your maw moorishly on your mighty manifestation whilst mulling Mjollnir's meritorious mannerisms!

Unfortunately, Kikichua was the first Lalafell to sample the completed recipe... It didn't go down too well.
    (10)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    R'akshi Sin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Luck o' the Twelve Clootie Dumpling

Ingredients:

- 1 bowl of grated Animal fat (Suet)
    - 2 sacks of Sunset Wheat Flour (Flour)
    - 1 sack of Cornmeal (Oatmeal)
    - 4 handfuls of Raisins (Sultanas)
    - 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (Golden Syrup)
    - 4 tablespoons Maple Sugar (Sugar)
    - 2 Chicken Eggs (Eggs)
    - 1 pinch of Natron (Baking Soda)
    - 1 teaspoon Pearl Ginger (Ginger)
    - 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (Cinnamon)
    - 1 can of Aldgoat Milk (Milk)
    - 1 Allagan Runestone (Coin)

Recipe:

Set aside a little sunset wheat flour and mix the rest with the animal fat, and then add in the cornmeal, natron, raisins, pearl ginger, cinnamon and maple sugar. Once it's well blended add the eggs and maple syrup to the mixture and stir before adding in the aldgoat milk.

Now for the luck add an allagan runestone of your choice into the dumpling if you have one to spare and wrap the whole thing in a cloth you've floured. Tie it and then give it a few smacks before placing the dumpling in a pot of boiling water for 3 bells.

Once it's done you can eat it as it is or with custard, just warn everyone to watch out for "surprises", nobody likes a broken tooth now, do they? Whoever finds the runestone enjoys the luck of that particular deity for the rest of the year so tuck in :3

(1)

Player
    Character
    Xeroeth Silvergaze
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    "Icy Rainbow"

Ingredients:
    • 3 Mizzenmast Biscuits (Biscuits)
    • 2 Pieces of Bubble Chocolate (Diluted black chocolate)
    • 1 Can of Aldgoat Milk (Condensed Milk)
    • 2 Pinches of Gelatin (Gelatin)
    • 1 Cup of Pineapple Juice (Pineapple Juice)
    • 1 Cup of Grape Juice (Grape Juice)
    • 2 Cups of Mineral Water (Plain water)
    • 1 Prickly Pineapple (Pineapple)

Recipe:

Dissolve the bubble chocolate, after that dip every mizzenmast biscuit into it. Take a medium sized pan and put busciuts at the bottom. Mix every juice with gelatin and water in separate cups, leave them in cool place for a while to make jellies, don't wait to long, you will need those in liquid state in a while.

Whip the aldgoat milk until it thickens and doubles its volume. In two separate cups mix 1/3 of each jelly with thickened aldgoat milk and pour out alternately to make something that resembles a rainbow. Leave it in a cool place for 1-2 hours.

Decorate with prickly pineapple pieces, pour out the rest of the jellies, leave it for another hour.
    Enjoy

(0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Welcome one, Welcome all, to Master "Chef" Matsume's Cordon Bluff School of Delectable Delicatessens!

Today I will be revealing the salivary secrets of my most coveted culinary creation: Meteor Mille Feuille (known in some parts of Eorzea as a 'Napolean' - however I think it should be renamed a 'Matsume') also known to the ancients as Rolanberry Fields Forever (for nostalgic reasons).

But first, a brief history on the dessert destined to destroy your appetite! Not unlike the rest of the best of desserts offered in Eorzea, Master "Chef" Matsume's Magnificent Meteor Mille Feuille came to exist by an accident of unparalleled proportions!

One day whilst whisking away at my usual station in The Bismark - that is, right in the middle of all the other cooks (see picture) - I was given the task of baking one hundred minus one Blood Currant Tarts for Amajina and Sons Mineral Concern when all of a sudden Popokkuli and Seserukka leap frog out of the blue startling my poor Lalafell heart to such a degree that I tossed the can of Powdered Sugar into the air conveniently covering the now towering stack of teetering tarts. At first I was furious and cursed the lesser moon Dalamud, but rest assured I told myself "the problem is the solution" and thus were sown the seeds that would grow to become my most Magnificent Meteor Mille Feuille.

Master "Chef" Matsume's Magnificent Meteor Mille Feuille a.k.a. Rolanberry Fields Forever: A light yet hearty and healthy dessert consisting of multiple layers of puff pastry pie dough between which are layers of stiffened sweet cream with a hint of vanilla beans and lemon zest, all adorned with a heapin helpin of Mor Dhona's very best Rolanberrys. Made to resemble the lesser moon dalamud.

Master "Chef" Matsume's Magnificent Meteor Mille Feuille
    a.k.a
    Rolanberry Fields Forever

Ingredients:

1) 4 oz. [item=3011540]Powdered Sugar[/item]
    2) 9 oz. [item=3011501]Pie Dough[/item]
    -[item=3011524]Sunset Wheat Flour[/item]
    -[item=3011502]Salted Butter[/item]
    -[item=3011529]Table Salt[/item]
    -[item=3010609]Mineral Water[/item]
    3) 7 oz. [item=3011458]Rolanberry[/item]
    4) 6.5 oz. [item=3011504]Sweet Cream[/item]
    -[item=3010604]Buffalo Milk[/item]
    -[item=3011503]Maple Sugar[/item]
    5) 1 pod [item=3011519]Vanilla Beans[/item]
    6) 1 [item=3011456]Sun Lemon[/item] Zest and Juice
    7) 1 oz. [item=3011528]Almonds[/item]
    8) 1 oz. [item=3011520]Galago Mint[/item]

Preparation

1) The Making of the Dough: Reserve the butter, making sure all the ingredients are cold to the touch. Mix the flour and salt together. Pour the flour on a counter making a mound with a hole in center like a volcano. Pour the water into the flour volcano's "caldera" and carefully incorporate the flour until you’ve made a homogenous mass. Place the dough in a fridge for 5 minutes then roll out in the form of a square. Place a thin layer of cold butter in the center of the dough leaving a quarter of the surface area on both sides without butter. Fold the right and left sides towards the center so that the edges meet sandwiching the butter between two layers of dough. Place another thin layer of butter along the bottom half of what now looks like a rectangle and fold the top half over making a square. You now have a four layered pie dough with butter to separate the layers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 5 minutes. Carefully flatten with a rolling pin and repeat the process several times creating an exponential increase in layers of butter and dough (this is what makes puff pastry dough flakey, when heated the water evaporates separating the layers by air and fat)

2) The Making of the Leaves: Dust your counter top with powdered sugar and roll out the dough in a square shape as thin as lalafellly possible making sure not to stretch nor tear the dough. Cut into whatever shapes you so desire (personally I like heart shapes but rectangular is most common) making sure that all are of the same size since you will be stacking them one atop another.

3) Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place your cut out dough on the pre-papered baking tray. Sprinkle with a generous amount of powdered sugar. Let rest in fridge for 30 minutes

4) Preheat oven to 200C/400F

5) The Baking of the Leaves: Place the baking tray in the oven for five minutes, remove from oven, sprinkle with more powdered sugar and place back into oven for another 5 minutes or until the pastry has puffed and turned a golden brown color. Careful not to overcook. Remove from the oven and set aside for later.

6) The Making of the Cream: Place the sweet cream in a bowl. Cut the vanilla bean in half length-wise and scrape out the tiny black seeds with a knife. Add the vanilla seeds to the sweet cream and whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold in the lemon zest and juice to taste then place mixture into a piping bag.

7) The Making of the Mille Feuille:Place one of the pastry thins on a dish and gently pipe a layer of pastry cream on top in rows leaving space between the rows. Fill in the gaps with the choicest of Rolanberries either hand harvested in Mor Dhona or imported from Rolanberry Fields. Place another pastry thin on top and repeat process two- three layers high. Top off with one last pastry thin, and dust with powdered sugar.

8) The Topping of the Mille Feuille: Slice Almonds thinly. Place a few rolanberries on top of each Mille Feuille, decorate with a few leaves of Galago Mint and sprinkle with thinly sliced Almonds.

9) Go to your favorite stargazing spot with a few friends, bust out the picnic basket full of Master “Chef” Matsume’s Magnificent Meteor Mille Feuille and eat til your sweet hearts content while watching and waiting the impending doom that Dalamud is sure to deliver.

Contrary to popular belief, too many cooks in the kitchen does not always spoil the soup. In memory of the never ending fields of rolanberry...

(5)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

All Saints' Wake Ogre Pumpkin Pie

All Saints' Wake Ogre Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:

Crust
    • One Pie Dough made by a trustworthy culinarian, or:
    • 2 cups of Sunset Wheat Flour (flour)
    • 1/2 cupls of Salted Butter (unsalted butter, add 1 teaspoon of salt)
    • 6 tablespoons of ice cold Mineral Water (ice water)
    • 1 tablespoon of Maple Sugar (sugar)
    Filling
    • 2 cups of mashed Ogre Pumpkin (sweet pumpkin)
    • 2 Chicken Eggs (eggs)
    • 1 cup of Maple Sugar (sugar)
    • 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon (cinnamon)
    • 1/2 teaspoon of Pearl Ginger (ginger)
    • 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg (nutmeg)
    • 1/2 teaspoon of Cloves (cloves)
    Recipe:
    • If you're not using pre-made Pie Dough, mix the dry crust ingredients (Sunset Wheat Flour and Maple Sugar) together and add the Salted Butter. Add just enough ice cold Mineral Water to hold the dough together.
    • Roll out the dough and set it into a pie pan (A Weathered Skillet works just fine).
    • Whisk the filling ingredients together starting with the Chicken Eggs and Maple Sugar. Add mashed Ogre Pumpkin and then finally the spices (Cinnamon, Pearl Ginger, Nutmeg, Cloves) into the stuffing mix.
    • Pour the pumpkin mix into the crust and bake until the center is set (can try to insert a wooden fork to the center and see if it comes out clean - Mogfork not recommended for this purpose!).
    • Wait for the pie to cool before serving (casting Blizzard, however tempting,does not speed up the process and may cause a funny aftertaste).
    Serve the All Saints' Wake Ogre Pumpkin Pie with whipped Sweet Cream and fresh Blood Currants. Enjoy!

(4)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    Kirol Blackgate
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Lunar Cheesecake

E'er since eyes have been set upon the Moon, tales have been spun of its constituency, and its origin.
    Well, there can be only one answer; Cheese! What else can give it such a creamy while hue, or its lustrous radiance in its celestial throes?!
    Having wandered Eorzea in search for a recipe that might recreate such brilliance, with just the right texture and taste, not a single morsel was offered. As I wandered further and further, ever exigent for examination of endemic recipes local to Eorzea's regions, I realised my quest had been fruitless.
    However! All was not lost; over the course of time I had accrued a number of rare and precious ingredients, and gained a special wisdom from the events preceding their relinquishment into my stock.
    Finally, I brought myself to the Culinarian's Guild in the port town of Limsa Lominsa. I was unsure of their capacities at first, and they had even denied me access to their facilities upon the grounds of food safety.
    Nevertheless, I explained myself to the guildmaster and cemented my friendship in exchange for access to my recipe.
    And so, friends, here I have my recipe for you now.

It is what I call; The Lunar Cheesecake!

Ingredients Check-list.
    1 x Moon Nut (Walnut)
    3 x Kukuru Butter (Cocoa Butter)
    2 x Cream Cheese (Cream Cheese)
    1 x Vanilla Beans (Vanilla Pods)
    5 x Pearl Chocolate (Chocolate Balls)
    1 x Consecrated Chocolate (Belgian Chocolate)
    3 x Rolanberry (Strawberry)
    3 x Pumpkin Cookie (Halloween Biscuit)
    1 x Sweet Cream (Double Cream)
    1 x Powdered Sugar (Icing Sugar)

Don't forget, you'll also need 3 Fire Shards and 1 Ice Shard!

Making the Base.

Ok! First and Foremost, we need to make a biscuit base from our our Pumpkin Cookies.
    It was a recipe designed by escaped Imps from their imprisonment, given out in exchange for playing along with their tricks. At the time my journey had brought me to Ul'dah, and upon hearing about the pranksters I decided to ask them if they might know anything with regards to my quest. Unfortunately, I found only more questions, but I suppose one can't blame them for something that is their nature.
    I digress. Firstly, Smash up the cookies into small crumbly pieces, not dissimilar in texture to a rough sand.
    Take one of your lumps of Kukuru Butter, and begin to melt the butter into the crumbs. Make sure it is mixed thoroughly, and then spread the biscuit mixture onto a flat dish to settle and cool. This portion should not be too thick, rather, it is a juxtaposition to the fluffy nature of the Cheese.

Making the Cheese Layer.

First and foremost, take the Vanilla beans and scoop out the contents into your pan, I got mine from Limsa Lominsa, but make sure you use fine quality beans here. Add in the Powdered Sugar, Cream Cheese, along with the Sweet Cream and Remaining Kukuru Butter. Heat the mixture through, making sure to stir it and mix everything in. Spoon the mixture onto the Base prepared earlier, starting from the edges and making your way inwards. The most important thing to remember here is that there are no bubbles in the mixture, to maintain the moon-inspired silky smoothness of the recipe!
    Leave the recipe to cool, or use your Ice Crystal here to expedite the cooling of the mixture.

Final Touches.

Melt the Consecrated chocolate, though as with all chocolate make sure it is not heated quickly, and stirred relentlessly.
    I attained my special chocolate in Gridania in the First Umbral Moon, along with the tidings of Love. I met one dashing doe at the time who joined in the festivities, although it would seem that while we were a match for one another, my quest to take me long and far would get in the way of our love. At least the moon is pure, and I will look up and remember her, along with my travels and the reason I set out in the first place.
    While the Chocolate is melting place down your Rolanberries aptly upon the surface of the moon. I mean, the cake! The cake. Add in the Pearl Chocolate between them, leaving space in the centre.
    The final addition is that of the Moon Nut. Take great care to place it directly in the centre of your dish, just as it hangs with pride of place in the night's sky.
    Now, I managed to place my hands on both a Moon and Dalamud night around the time of the start of my Journey. I believe it was around the Hawthorne Hut that I was hunting mice in the name of the moon, though it seems so long ago now that I have had difficulty in using the ingredients given to me that day thanks to their sentimental nature.
    Regardless, reader, we are nearly through.
    The last step you have doubtlessly guessed is to drizzle the melted mess upon the surface of the Lunar Cheesecake; for as it sets, it will add a sweet and crunchy delectability. I warn you to exercise caution when testing the chocolate, however, due to its... magical nature. Keep any amorous thoughts to yourself for a few days, is my advice.

And there we have it - a Cheesecake fit to match the moon's luxury and it mystery!
    Now, reader, I shall take a well deserved rest and put my feet up in the Mizzenmast, and try another piece of my cake with a Rolanberry Lassi by my side.

Kirol Blackgate, on Culinarian Creations.

P.S. I forgot to mention; I am a Reindeer.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kirol Blackgate
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    (3)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast