Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Syn Kazama
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think they are talking about your writing, it's quite awful sentence structure and grammar. But perhaps you are young and undeveloped in that aspect. Or English is not your native language? Either way I have to agree, I'm confused. You have confused me in game too.

As for the video, props on having the cojones to post it. I was not able to watch it in it's entirety either. Even love stories need a sense of adventure, mood or really anything to capture you audience's attention. I felt it lacked this throughout.

For some critique see below.

Setting I understand if you like the Black Shroud but it is a terrible place to do recording, what you end up with is all the clipping and no emotion due to the lack of sun and lighting. Thanalan would have been a much better choice. Think of any awe inspiring movies you may love and imagine them without the mood lighting, sun positions etc. Did I mention the clipping, it is really bad.

Editing Again looking at proper video production from popular movies, you can usually count at least 3 different transition types depending on the scene. I don't see any transitions here, fades, dissolves, sweeps etc. There is also nothing to create any suspense or climax to the story. Maybe add some black and white footage of you dieing or of the love you seek. Otherwise it is quit emotionless.

Technical Try recording at 1/2 frame. Your system apparently cannot handle full frame 1080 recording. If you have a multi-core system you can assign cores to Fraps or your recording software and to the game to physically split the load. I have no clue what you are editing with but try out some filtering, transitions and effects.

It's more of a personal video that, I myself wouldn't share as it has meaning only to you. You did not convey emotion or really anything through this video which means all it is to others is someone recording some video and putting music to it.

F for effect
    C for effort
    and an A for bravery posting it here!

I hope some of what I have written here will lead you to try some new things in any future videos. If not all you need do is watch your favorite (Live action) movies for reference. Do not reference animation if you are into that because you do not have control over the environment like they do. Like in real life you have no control over your scene when recording game videos.

Cheers!
    (0)
    Last edited by Synfrag; 10-02-2012 at 02:14 AM.

I'm starting to think every single person on Hyperion is one of Bastok's long winded alter ego's.
    (9)
    Retired FFXI character: Ranok of Sylph

Player
    Character
    Ineli Falcus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahak View Post
    I'm starting to think every single person on Hyperion is one of Bastok's long winded alter ego's.
    Wait, so I'm an alter ego of Bastok?! D:

/em kills himself
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macha View Post
    You win, Mr. Falcus! (no prize for you)

Player
    Character
    Syn Kazama
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahak View Post
    Are you trying to bloat your post count higher with one line opinions nobody cares about? Someone posted a video, I gave my critique, you post something utterly useless.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karin Friedrich
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Too deep for me
    (1)

Player
    Syn Kazama--------------that is you right

How many Love stories have you done?

why dont you try making bread. I am the maker and this is my Movie. However whatever I do to you is not good enough. True, this is not like most movies. I dont care about most movies. Im not really a director or a movie maker. I tried to but what you tell me, to through the towel in Well thats your opinon. You are not me and thank god I am not like you. haha

There is no dialogue, true so its a silent movie. Is that not true. Now i can do a dialogue but i was looking for scenes. If you dont like the scenes go get a job, lol The scenes in this movie have never been done before. Okay Now for editing. Unless your MGM, I dont want to talk about that. Why waste my time if your not going to do anything but obscure my idea and emotion. If you dont see the power and emotion in here. It is because you yourself have been hurt. Good, I dont care find someone who wont hurt you. Dont blame my movie for your emotionless taunt.

True, I have been hurt and wonded by a Fiery Dragon called EX-Wife. I distinguished her and abolished her and defeated her in all her Fiery Blast. So you could not do anything to streghthen that. I too will defeat your wills and magic words. I bring LOve and you bring Wrath. I see it in your words.

I am brave. Yes I dont care what happens because I have already been there. I have been in Jail-in-the-mind, I have been wounded. Brave, I am the bravest in the Galaxy. What is this? I fear only God. No one else will judge me.

Bastok
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Synfrag View Post
    I think they are talking about your writing, it's quite awful sentence structure and grammar. But perhaps you are young and undeveloped in that aspect. Or English is not your native language? Either way I have to agree, I'm confused. You have confused me in game too.
    Are you a teacher? How do I know you know the English grammar? Why would I listen to you. Its the first time, that I have seen you.

You are confused because you cannot think as me. YOu are confused that you dont understand what I am telling you. True, that is not exactly right. What is right. Is not entirely wrong and what is wrong is not entirely right. Do you understand that the End is not the end. It really is a begginning. And Vice Versa

Dont you remember the {lifestream} and FFVII. Rarely does someone talk about this. Its is a great Philosophy in the aspect of souls that go and new ones are born. So nothing is lost. why do some of wonder why we have Dejavu's are we really connected in the mind, but we just forgot. Example when we were born, every baby thinks the same. It is when we are brought to the Real-world that our minds go apart. That is the REASON FOR LOVE. LOVE MAKES YOU THINK THE SAME!!

Love is the Conjoining of the Mind as One.......
    As you feel with Sex, that is the one time you actual try to think as One. you are inter-minded and that is why you feel what you feel. Love is One MInd.....One Mind The Source remember. Try too

As you were a newborn. LOve is the Source and that is what you continually try to reach and cannot. This is because the Ying and Yang. Ah yes the Chinese, Japanese have got this right. The ever going battle in your mind against Good and Evil thoughts.

Are you confused or are you just waiting for me to tell you more?

Bastok
    (0)
    Last edited by Bastok_Iamtheone; 10-02-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Syn Kazama
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastok_Iamtheone View Post
    You are confused because you cannot think as me. YOu are confused that you dont understand what I am telling you. True, that is not exactly right. What is right. Is not entirely wrong and what is wrong is not entirely right. Do you understand that the End is not the end. It really is a begginning. And Vice Versa
    No actually this is entirely wrong. English, as it is written, is not open to interpretation. It is a structured language with a right way and a wrong way. We choose the words to convey the meaning and feeling and how we write them is the rule.

Regardless, I will relent. I was offering constructive criticism but it seems you lack the comprehension. I will remember in the future not to waste my time commenting on your posts.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rhylee Mau
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    No actually this is entirely wrong. English, as it is written, is not open to interpretation. It is a structured language with a right way and a wrong way. We choose the words to convey the meaning and feeling and how we write them is the rule.

Regardless, I will relent. I was offering constructive criticism but it seems you lack the comprehension. I will remember in the future not to waste my time commenting on your posts.
    Seems to be the case when people are trying the help/communicate with him. Do yourself a favor and try not to check the other threads. It'll follow the same structure of not making much sense, and somehow twisting what people say. At least this time it's not the sexist "If you're a guy... If you're a girl..." crap.
    (2)

Player

You are filled with rage.

hm seems good English to me.

Why do you care?

Do I know you?

No its not a waste of time.

Im sorry. I am just a fighter. I never give up. i like things the hard way. Thats me

I comprehend very well. Your just entertaining me with words as a writer is writing a book.

I get ideas from your writings and characters for that matter. I cant tell if your real or just joking.

so why get offended. Your in a Fantasy world where rules dont apply.

So, dont forget your temper............

Bastok
    (0)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast