Player
    Character
    Xerius Falconbridge
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

"The enemy is trying to escape!" leves

For the love of all that is holy, can we please do away with these quests? I get it these dodo are incredibly intelligent for their species setting up an ambush 10-20 yards away from where I fought the last one of them. My biggest complaint about these is that most of the time they kill my chain counter.
    Does anyone even like these? The first time I did one I though, oh this is kind of cool, it makes the world feel more alive, but after 10 or 200,000 times I realized that nothing makes you feel more in a computer simulation than the same copy/paste event in 2/5 leves.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Well leves are optional... just skip these leves if you don't like them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    No... they really just need to do away with these, forever. At least, no more intelligent dodos trying to set up an ambush for you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xerius Falconbridge
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Well leves are optional... just skip these leves if you don't like them.
    This is an option but running back and forth from camp to town to pick up 2 new levequests just doesn't seem worth it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I don't mind the fact that they run, so much as the fact that, more often than not, it's like a cross-country course. I wouldn't mind if they ran one map square or something (100 yalms), but I shouldn't have to follow them for a full minute just to go punch them and their buddies some more.

The ones in dungeons are generally good tolerable examples, in my opinion.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sera Malqir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    When I just started doing leves I was totally amazed about the different things monsters in leves do.
    Like the dodos who run away, or the imps who disguise themselves as dodos, or the aldgoats who hide in shiny lights and you might get lucky and won't have to fight at all, or the lvl 20 leve monsters who hide in a group of non-leve high lvl aggro monsters..
    It was fun because it was all very different from the plain "Go to place X, kill 5 Y, go back to the camp, repeat."
    Because with some of it, you had to put a little bit of strategy behind it.

But, as the OP said already; it's fun the first few times it happens, not when it happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you do a certain leve.
    I gave up on leves altogether because it's just annoying and not even fun or surprising at all if you already KNOW beforehand that it will happen.
    If stuff like that happened randomly and not very often, I think it would still be cool. But not the way it is right now.
    Because right now it just means "Oh god this leve again..yay, I'll have to run after a monster for 3 min now, losing exp chain bonus and a load of time I could spent on actually KILLING stuff..hm..I guess I'll just go without leves and kill those nice wild non-leve Dodos/Cactuars/etc. I've seen around the camp.."
    And I doubt that's the point of leves.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lil Demon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    This is an option but running back and forth from camp to town to pick up 2 new levequests just doesn't seem worth it.
    Obviously you have not leveled a DOL job yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xerius Falconbridge
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Romowens01 View Post
    Obviously you have not leveled a DOL job yet.
    I have not but to my knowledge trees and ore veins don't try to run away when you gather at them. :P
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Smart dodos? I only think it as dodos who are cowards(like most people IRL). They run because they want to live! Get use to it, complete your leve achievements and don't do 'em anymore.

You have to handle the heat while your in the kitchen!

It's not fair to say, "hey, this was cool at first but after awhile it get annoying", you can't expect quest to be evolving around your preferences just because you get moody. A lot of people are coming into the game and still think mob behavior are pretty cool.

Dodos can't escape me while i'm on archer and Drg anyways, they just can't >: D
    (0)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Xerius Falconbridge
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PSxpert2011 View Post
    Smart dodos? I only think it as dodos who are cowards(like most people IRL). They run because they want to live! Get use to it, complete your leve achievements and don't do 'em anymore.

You have to handle the heat while your in the kitchen!

It's not fair to say, "hey, this was cool at first but after awhile it get annoying", you can't expect quest to be evolving around your preferences just because you get moody. A lot of people are coming into the game and still think mob behavior are pretty cool.

Dodos can't escape me while i'm on archer and Drg anyways, they just can't >: D
    I didn't say I can't do them, I said that I don't like doing them and based on the general reception I'd say that I'm not the only person that believes this. It's not entirely my preferences. It's feedback which is the main purpose of these forums. If you don't like my feedback don't comment and move on.

Also, why is it not fair to say that something gets annoying the more you do it? If you're passionate about cooking and you decide to become a Chef, you may find after a long day of cooking other people's food that you don't want to cook your own food at the end of the day because you're just fed up with cooking so you stop at a restaurant? This kind of thing is pretty common. The more you do something the more mundane it gets and eventually is just an annoyance.
    (0)