(0)

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    weve had 12 stacks before, and the stuff never moved.. just because it has an option of going to 99 doesnt mean you have to sell 99. i can tell you right now.. most of the finished product ive sold hasnt sold in batches of 99...

so heres an idea.. take what you have, undercut another and walk away with profit

99 x 2000

39 x 1800 (watch how much faster this one sells)
    (1)

Gennario Veltaine: Propieter of G&J's Pleather Pleasures

Player
    Character
    Baxsio Mataele
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    when you had x12 stacks before, it never moved for a ton of reasons. There was no way to search in wards and both food and medicine were considered useless.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Many of the alchemy products are terrible and wont be bought no matter what stack size limit you apply to them....
    Limiting stack size might help the selling of items but i'm not sure that it will, x2 retainers per character, 8 characters per server(if i remember rightly) thats a heck of a lot of slots to sell medicinals in. What will really boost sales is making more alchemy items actually worth buying/selling so that there are more items for alchemists to invest in thus reducing congestion on a small number of useful products. Same goes for culinarian i suppose. Also new items that use those alchemy/culinarian items in their recipes would also boost sales so as to create that new item eg food that use potions and potions that use food etc etc.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alaltus; 10-10-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    We're losing half our inventory in 2.0 and you want stack sizes reduced by over 8x ? No thanks.
    First of all we aren' losing half our inventory, when you factor in the inventory space gains on our retainers and the increased retainer bazaars the total loss comes out to -40 inventory slots. 40 out of 530? thats less than 10%...

As for the OP, I understand how x12 finished consumables ensures a more even competitive market pricing but from a crafter's perspective this would be horrible. I recently made 1500 dated silver rings and let me tell you how fun it is to stop every 30 minutes and npc 75 rings... it's not. Now imagine grinding your luminary items or just skilling up alchemy and cul and having to do the same thing. It just becomes a logistical nightmare.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baxsio Mataele
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaltus View Post
    Many of the alchemy products are terrible and wont be bought no matter what stack size limit you apply to them....
    Limiting stack size might help the selling of items but i'm not sure that it will, x2 retainers per character, 8 characters per server(if i remember rightly) thats a heck of a lot of slots to sell medicinals in. What will really boost sales is making more alchemy items actually worth buying/selling so that there are more items for alchemists to invest in thus reducing congestion on a small number of useful products. Same goes for culinarian i suppose. Also new items that use those alchemy/culinarian items in their recipes would also boost sales so as to create that new item eg food that use potions and potions that use food etc etc.
    while this is true it's a totally different topic all together. My point is even if it were fantastic boosts to consumables and everyone lined up to purchase these fantastical goods, it wouldn't change the fact that 3 people on the entire server could technically meet every demand there is. Therein lies the flaw with the current stack size.

and I agree with you Matsume. I feel if it remains this way everyone will come to see this as a flaw and it will outweigh the convenience of holding x99.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    You fail to see how it enables competitive pricing and makes it harder to inundate the market with useless product?
    Competitive pricing for the producer or for the consumer? what is really favorable depends on PoV

For the consumer it is 100% favorable to have 99 as the stack amount. I'd vote against this. a stack of 12 just doesnt' make a lot of sense to me. If i'm doing an event, IE i'm in a position where buying food is worthwhile, I'll probably be dieing a lot. I'd rather have one big stack to experiment with. Also as a cook, i dont' want to have to manage 8 stacks of 12. I'd rather make a single stack of 99 and then throw it up and forget about it and come back later to collect my cash.

it would make more sense to make food more worthwhile. a lot of food is worthless. a larger variety of affects would be better than changing stack size. make food more viable for every situations rather than just big events. IE: bigger xp bonuses for cooked food vs. raw materials. (when i'm xping i carry cheap water for the xp bonus. since its' the same as the 3k jerked beef I might use otherwise)
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3