Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Medura Bloodspiller
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    well, if it was stacks of 12, i would put 42 stacks on AH with it instead, i wouldnt vendor them, ord rather, i wouldnt make them for others anymore, and i certainly wouldnt buy them, they would take up to much space, and id only buy at undercut prices in that case.

if i want to buy food or potions, id buy a stack of 99, then i wouldnt need to be scared of getting low in middle of a run or something. And having to buy 12 new potions after every run, well, thats just idiotic. if it was stacks of 12, people wont use them, this was proved before, as one could have lots of stacks on market for far underpriced, and it would take a week to sell even one.

if people want to put 500 units of an item on a market, they will do it no matter if its stacks of 12 or 99, the difference is, who will want to buy it? not many.

edit:
    you really dont want to look at the other side of the coin, right?

yes, it might be easier to sell it for higher price, but as a buyer, would you buy a stack of 12 potions every 3 hours? no? then who would?
    you must look at this from a buyers eyes and not only your own. Competitive selling wont exist if it is no buyers.
    (4)
    Last edited by Medura; 09-29-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Baxsio Mataele
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Last I checked retainer had bazaar limits. So no, you could place 500 up. Also your underpriced small stacks would be pushed as one unit. The entire stack of undercut goods would likely go before it could profoundly affect the market.

12 poultices/dishes should last you 3 hours. You are over exaggerating just a bit to prove your point. Also there would be nothing stopping you from carrying more than one stack of an item if sizes were reduced.
    (0)
    Last edited by Baxter; 09-29-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sera Malqir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    The entire stack of undercut goods would likely go before it could profoundly affect the market.
    You absolutely underestimate the market..99% of the people who sell stuff do it by undercutting others, that's why prices for everything keep constantly falling. Just because ONE person can only put up 20 stacks of a certain good doesn't mean the market will go unaffected by it. There will be TONS of other players who will even undercut the undercutter in the few hours his stacks are up.
    It basically means the market will be affected anyways.
    But from the consumer's point of view it's absolutely horrible to make consumables 12-stack again instead of 99, especially with the reduction of inventory slots.
    Just because you return to town once an hour doesn't mean everyone does. I know many people who stay out in the field for many hours, and I often do that myself as well.
    Especially with content I often die on - which basically means using food every 3-10 minutes.
    A stack of 12 wouldn't even last an hour..and all of that for something that wouldn't even help "the market" at all?
    No thanks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Baxsio Mataele
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I am the one under estimating the market? Prices keep falling and this has nothing to do with the sheer amount of quantity that is up for sale?

edit:
    Undercutting will be forever apart of life. It will occur. Smaller quantity forces it out of the system quicker, you would be surprised how fast prices stabilize. This is directly tied to what is currently available. 5 x99, versus 5x12. If 360 are moved in a 48 hour time period you are still only selling 360 units. The remaining x99 will linger and stagnate prices.
    (0)
    Last edited by Baxter; 09-29-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    No thanks. I remember being limited to 12x stacks....it wasn't fun. While the price would most certainly go up in the market, the cons outweigh the pros for this. Start mining or pick up alchemy (along with fishing)and you'll make a ton of gil.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Baxsio Mataele
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Thank you for the suggestions, but this is more about preserving the future of both classes and not lining my own pockets with gil. If 2.0 brings in massive influx of new players, along with all the capped 50s we have now there will be a problem. I knew this suggestion would be unpopular, but I wouldn't have made it if I felt it wasn't needed.

When we had restrictive stack sizes foods and medicines were not widely use, nor popular. What people remember were the very basic of things only stacking to x12. I am sure this has caused many much frustration. I want to reiterate that I am suggesting finished products stack to 12, not materials, ingredients, and a few certain medicinal/culinary products.
    (0)
    Last edited by Baxter; 09-30-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Medura Bloodspiller
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I remember leveling alchemist and vendoring potions all the time, untill i stopped being alchemist, it was no fun at all. Then they adding the abilithy to make shards out of fish, finally you didnt have to check a vendor every 5 minutes and use 10 minutes just to sell crap. You want this for your own moneymaking. What everyone else want is to actually enjoy the game. If you get your competiitive market because noone wants to play that class, do you think SE would get happy? no, we would see all over the forums: "omg you destroyed alchemist, im never gonna play this crap game again. *ragequit*" and yes, this has happened once before already, 12 per stack of potions where the main reason noone ever used them. Yes, they where good, everyone knew that, but with a LONG cooldown and only 12 per stack, noone wanted to buy them, and btw, ive been alchemist for 2 years now, i know how this worked.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Baxsio Mataele
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I do not believe any of those things will happens as you've said. You are being very presumptuous of my own motives as I feel the opposite, both classes will be ruined by the current stack size.

You are viewing my post as a rant, it is only but a suggestion. It is really none of your business, but I make my money just fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Turuphant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Wait, if the average amount of new cooks and alchemists will increase with the amount of new players, wouldn't the amount of people using food likely increase too, thus also increasing the amount of food moved per day?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baxsio Mataele
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Yes, the amount foods and medicines moved in a day will increase. If you take a look at the current wards you can see how most consumables still go unsold. Honestly, it is much of a problem now though most players are more preoccupied with getting all crafts to 50 so it is not as evident.

Even if you triple my example of 360 units pushed in 48 hours, you come up to 1080 units. One person selling 5 stacks of x99 would be able to meet nearly half of the demand for two days. Imagine now, multiply the number of crafters for each individual craft(if 2.0 is successful). Crafting jobs exist to make money, and the fix for for any job or class should never be "level another job/class."
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast