Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatdawg View Post
    It is like 370+/320+

But again, there are times where atk power wins out and times when acc wins out. There are also times where just having a better rotation then the next guy will trump gear.
    Interesting you mention ATK winning out. I suspect ATK was buffed sometime between 1.21 and now. When I was playing around with my gears for the final days of 1.0, I encountered some results that could only fit the current stat:damage model if ATK were more potent (or STR/INT were less so, but that seems unlikely). Of course, it could just as easily be a calculation or testing error on my part.

Bold guess is 1ATK:0.5DMG instead of 0.35DMG--still less than point-for-point INT and STR bonuses. I decided not to follow up on it because 1) it's too late to matter and 2) I already sold my +81ATK gloves. ;_;

Please don't "/l OMG YOU GUYS! THE FORUMS SAID...!" I don't want to regret bringing this up.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    I dunno if there is ever a time Atk. flat out wins over the bonus stats (save when you are at or over the cap), but it is possible to equalize the benefits if you get enough of it, but unlike the Bonus stats attack doesn't have a cap. I think the ratio is roughly 2.3 Atk is needed for every 1 STR (1.4 STR for every 1 Atk over cap) and 2 Atk for every 1 INT, so a +80 Atk pair of gloves would equate to roughly +35 STR in comparison.

Looking over your set alot more closely this morning, I see you're kind of in the same predicament I am making it hard to change anything that doesn't completely mess with your set bonus or require you to change out half your gear in the process just to get the maximum benefits from it. If I had to make an accurate judgement, I think your current benefits would outweigh what you would lose if you strived (struggled) to reach the stat cap on the Saraphi, based on available gear and materia limitations.
    Most of the time yes you just want to hit the caps, but some times in doing so you will sacrifice acc/atk at a far greater rate then you really want too. Now we all agree and acknowledge that until you are at the cap the return for your main stat is greater on a 1 to 1 ratio str:atk but its a lot closer on your 2ndary and AA caps are lower then WS caps.

So on a mob like Mistress where Auto Attack is doing a good portion of your stable damage, atk builds with (close to cap) results will do pretty well.

I have 90 atk gloves and 50 str gloves but wear the 50 str gloves on Mnk and Drg because I still get better results with the Str. On brd however i get much better results with atk gloves then any dex gloves would give me. (Yes i know brd DPS is much more significant from AA, barrage, Quick Nook)

I can add a str ring in and a int bracelet and swap the hat to something with 40+ int melded on it but with the game ending in a month and I just don't play that often enough I really don't care to maximize my potential until 2.0 and im sure all the formulas will change.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    Interesting you mention ATK winning out. I suspect ATK was buffed sometime between 1.21 and now. When I was playing around with my gears for the final days of 1.0, I encountered some results that could only fit the current stat:damage model if ATK were more potent (or STR/INT were less so, but that seems unlikely). Of course, it could just as easily be a calculation or testing error on my part.

Bold guess is 1ATK:0.5DMG instead of 0.35DMG--still less than point-for-point INT and STR bonuses. I decided not to follow up on it because 1) it's too late to matter and 2) I already sold my +81ATK gloves. ;_;

Please don't "/l OMG YOU GUYS! THE FORUMS SAID...!" I don't want to regret bringing this up.
    I was only really referring to the MM fight where I have seen high atk builds parse well. You really only ever get off 2 Howling fist and stat caps with lower atk/acc are more burst builds and having high atk/acc can lead to better constant dps. To my knowledge nothing has changed in regards to the formulas Kako and Seiken found. (I'm sure i butchered the spelling of their names)

Those gloves are ideal for BRD though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Also, STR on Monk is 243 base(@23STR/22INT allocation), you posted a setup with +93 so an easy assumption is 336.
    Ran into an issue with this on another post. I thought that SE equalized the stats between races, but it seems that isn't the case.
    For instance on Monk with all my points into STR/INT
    254 STR
    252 INT
    Highland Hyur

Lalafel has 11 less STR and 2 more INT at base. So there is quite a variance between races still.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyJorildyn View Post
    Also I didn't get to do that AA testing this weekend. Sorry!
    No worries. It is pretty irrelevant at this point with 2.0 coming so close anyways.

Interesting you mention ATK winning out. I suspect ATK was buffed sometime between 1.21 and now.
    Not sure if it got buffed. But from some of the testing I've done here's some things that seemed interesting.

Base Stats seemed to follow a static increase towards damage. 1 point Primary: 0.8 more damage

Where as Attack seemed to follow a % increase similar to the Damage Stat and DPS

So if 30 Attack: = 3% extra damage, then
    3% @ 112 Damage Stat and 38 DPS < 3% @ 143 Damage Stat and 42 DPS

So you could see how "Attack Power" at higher DPS and Damage Stat values could become greater than Base Stats
    So to answer Almalexia's question, not sure if it got buffed, but with these new "more powerful" weapons, I think the difference just became a bit more noticeable.

***But in saying that, it would take 100's of hours of testing to prove a formula for that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 10-09-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player

Nice to see some theory crafting even in this last stage of the game, but I do feel very strongly that they will lower the stat caps which increases the utility of ATK and ACC and Crit builds. I'd love to see a crit rate boosting support ability/song etc which would further push crit builds.

I think a dev post a month or 2 back was about the impact of raw stats like str/vit/dex/int being reduced or scaled back.
    (0)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Nice to see some theory crafting even in this last stage of the game, but I do feel very strongly that they will lower the stat caps which increases the utility of ATK and ACC and Crit builds. I'd love to see a crit rate boosting support ability/song etc which would further push crit builds.

I think a dev post a month or 2 back was about the impact of raw stats like str/vit/dex/int being reduced or scaled back.
    Yeah, they are reducing the effectiveness of the base stats...however they plan to do that. (probably lower the stat caps)

Always interesting to see how the current stats work...maybe it wont change too much in 2.0

Here's hoping it's not all about stacking HP in 2.0
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 10-11-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player

LOL
    Here's hoping it's not all about stacking HP in 2.0
    I just finished my HP set for PLD 2 nights ago: I sit at 4500hp solo with food, nearly 5k in party buff.
    (0)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Lapulapu Surtur
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Black Cat

^
    l
    l

Player
    Character
    Dexterity Jones
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 57
    I'm looking forward to seeing where they take our beloved monk in ARR, sadly I wont be starting ARR with my relics as I had hoped, but that's how she goes.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4