Thread: DPS Testing

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    The great thing about Final Fantasy 14 is that due to the nature of how its combat system is setup, it doesn't take a very long time to gather the relevant information to determine whether or not a specific setup is stat capped or performs better. This information can be quickly taken and inputted into a variety of known scenarios within the game (due to a low amount of variance between encounter to encounter) and determined which would be better.

The great thing about Critical Hit Attack Power and 2.0 is that in the past, SE has addressed this stats uselessness in end game scenarios (due to dLvl) and made it more powerful. This is a precedent they have set and attempted to counter/correct. Come 2.0, I see no reason for Critical Hit Attack Power to lose its usefulness. At any rate, from what we have seen, stat caps for all weapons appear to be moving to a lower number than they are currently. This change would further decrease any bonus the Corselet provides outside of accuracy.

Personal attacks and suspension of disbelief won't really provide a strong argument for you.
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Personal attacks and suspension of disbelief won't really provide a strong argument for you.
    So pointing out you had the monk relic for 5 days is a personal attack now?

The great thing about Critical Hit Attack Power and 2.0 is that in the past, SE has addressed this stats uselessness in end game scenarios (due to dLvl) and made it more powerful. This is a precedent they have set and attempted to counter/correct. Come 2.0, I see no reason for Critical Hit Attack Power to lose its usefulness.
    Your argument is that crit hit atk power melded on body is > croselet when I never brought, addressed that, or even shared my opinion on that matter.

This change would further decrease any bonus the Corselet provides outside of accuracy.
    Again... Equip setups vary on different end game bosses for different results. Corselet works pretty well when fighting hard mode VD when you need acc. (Of course you havn't done that content, but i guess this is another personal attack)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    You have claimed that 336(Or 340STR, whichever you fancy) is close or at stat cap for Sphairai; you have claimed your current setup to be a monster for DPS which has came out ahead of months of testing.

Neither of these statements is accurate or close to factual, what are your questions.
    (0)

Player

You have claimed that Personal attacks have been made against you. I said i was close to the stat caps, if you want to hold an argument over what one perceives "close" as then be my guest, argue away. I never said it was a monster for DPS, but again put words in my mouth (or whatever you fancy)

Any of your statements are not accurate or close to factual, what are your questions.
    (0)
    Last edited by Meatdawg; 10-08-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatdawg View Post
    You have claimed that Personal attacks have been made against you. I said i was close to the stat caps, if you want to hold an argument over what one perceives "close" as then be my guest, argue away. I never said it was a monster for DPS, but again put words in my mouth (or whatever you fancy)

Any of your statements are accurate or close to factual, what are your questions.
    thank you.
    (0)

Player

thank you
    Hey, you gotta take what you can get.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Eh, come on guys. You're both probably good players and at the very least have grasp on the general math of things. Let's not argue stuff like this.

My question is what are the stat caps for Sphairai then? I just push str/int up as high as I can go, but that's difficult to do much more without DL for me. I dunno if I'm "close" to caps, I just know I am doing the best I can with what I do have.

Also I didn't get to do that AA testing this weekend. Sorry!
    (0)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    The only stat cap I can give you with any certainty is INT, which is 317 or 318.

STR testing is painful due to the STR:ATK conversion mucking up the results. Lots of data plotting, incremental changes and boredom, which is more than I'm willing to invest on a system that has a month to live.

If you have two or more sets of gear on hand, you could parse them against each other and use whichever prevails until 2.0. It's not useful for the community, but it'll give you peace of mind.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by GreyJorildyn View Post
    Eh, come on guys. You're both probably good players and at the very least have grasp on the general math of things. Let's not argue stuff like this.

My question is what are the stat caps for Sphairai then? I just push str/int up as high as I can go, but that's difficult to do much more without DL for me. I dunno if I'm "close" to caps, I just know I am doing the best I can with what I do have.

Also I didn't get to do that AA testing this weekend. Sorry!

It is like 370+/320+

But again, there are times where atk power wins out and times when acc wins out. There are also times where just having a better rotation then the next guy will trump gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatdawg View Post
    It is like 370+/320+

But again, there are times where atk power wins out and times when acc wins out. There are also times where just having a better rotation then the next guy will trump gear.
    I dunno if there is ever a time Atk. flat out wins over the bonus stats (save when you are at or over the cap), but it is possible to equalize the benefits if you get enough of it, but unlike the Bonus stats attack doesn't have a cap. I think the ratio is roughly 2.3 Atk is needed for every 1 STR (1.4 STR for every 1 Atk over cap) and 2 Atk for every 1 INT, so a +80 Atk pair of gloves would equate to roughly +35 STR in comparison.

Looking over your set alot more closely this morning, I see you're kind of in the same predicament I am making it hard to change anything that doesn't completely mess with your set bonus or require you to change out half your gear in the process just to get the maximum benefits from it. If I had to make an accurate judgement, I think your current benefits would outweigh what you would lose if you strived (struggled) to reach the stat cap on the Saraphi, based on available gear and materia limitations.
    (0)
    Last edited by SwordCoheir; 10-09-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast