Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Arc/Brd gear thread

Hello. looking to see if there are any easy ways to improve my gear.

Weapon: Storm LT bow (bonus active)
    head: choral
    body: raptorskin harness (6dex, 32pie)
    belt: storm sergeant
    gloves: Felt Bracers (pie3, acc5, AP50) or Lominsan officer's gloves (acc+50)
    legs: choral
    feet: storm sergeant jackboots (dex+10)
    ear: storm sergeant (AP+4, CritAP+7)
    neck: Electrum gorget (30AP)
    wrist: storm sergeant (AP+3, STR+7)
    rings: tourmaline+1x2 (36pie)

Final stats without food:
    589AP
    398acc
    273dex
    328pie

What food would you recomend i eat for garuda? should i try to push my dex higher?

when i get a Garuda spine, is it worth it to maintain the bonus on the earring or should i get a pie/dex belt?

In situations where I find I am missing a lot, and i switch to my lominsan gloves for the acc, should i keep jackboots on our switch to choral sandals for the extra pie?
    (0)
    Last edited by Onisake; 09-26-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Basically, the only upgrades you can really make are Garuda's Spine, Paragon's Crown, and melded Felt Trousers; so you're in pretty good shape. You're honestly only losing 3 STR and 2 ATK for switching from your current belt to a DEX one, and making the appropriate earring/bracelet swaps (Explorer's Earrings, Spinel Bracelet +1) should bring your DEX up to 287.

You should be at around ~450 or so ACC for Garuda, I usually run a little high. With your current setup I would swap out your Bracers with the Officer's Gloves and eat Aldgoat Steak or Smoked Raptor if you're able to afford it (you can eat Beef Jerky but your ATK is too low to really take full advantage of it so it's not really worth it). That should put you at about 448 ACC and 575 AP.

Don't spend too much gil on the trousers, try to shoot for an easy double, as Swordsman's Cry tends to be pricey, and you're gaining little for spending more on the upper tier IV's. I would hope Explorer's Earrings are fairly cheap since they're a common AV/CC drop, and the HQ Spinel/Electrum(situationally) shouldn't be too hard either, if you have a GLD friend.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFatHousecat View Post
    Basically, the only upgrades you can really make are Garuda's Spine, Paragon's Crown, and melded Felt Trousers; so you're in pretty good shape. You're honestly only losing 3 STR and 2 ATK for switching from your current belt to a DEX one, and making the appropriate earring/bracelet swaps (Explorer's Earrings, Spinel Bracelet +1) should bring your DEX up to 287.
    I'm actually losing 30AP. i need the belt for the set bonus on my bow. that's the only purpose it serves. belt is a bit of a throw-away spot.

You should be at around ~450 or so ACC for Garuda, I usually run a little high. With your current setup I would swap out your Bracers with the Officer's Gloves and eat Aldgoat Steak or Smoked Raptor if you're able to afford it (you can eat Beef Jerky but your ATK is too low to really take full advantage of it so it's not really worth it). That should put you at about 448 ACC and 575 AP.
    Thanks!

Don't spend too much gil on the trousers, try to shoot for an easy double, as Swordsman's Cry tends to be pricey, and you're gaining little for spending more on the upper tier IV's. I would hope Explorer's Earrings are fairly cheap since they're a common AV/CC drop, and the HQ Spinel/Electrum(situationally) shouldn't be too hard either, if you have a GLD friend.
    how much dex+STR would i need to overcome the loss of 7pie from choral pants?

because i can get such high acc without explorers ear, is it worth losing the 30AP from bow set bonus to get an explorers? also explorers is not tha tmuch better than the storm ear. and if i'm still missing with officers gloves and acc food i think i have a different set of problems.

I can probably get a 10dex,10str pair of pants to replace my pants. but i'm only gaining 3 dex. and like 4 attack from the str and losing 7pie. is this worth it?
    (0)
    Last edited by Onisake; 09-26-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Losing PIE to DEX is never worth it. The only comparison you can make is whether the attack is better than PIE. I personally don't think 4AP>7PIE
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Losing PIE to DEX is never worth it. The only comparison you can make is whether the attack is better than PIE. I personally don't think 4AP>7PIE
    Thanks! I'll do some personal testing. If i find anything interesting I'll post about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Technically, you don't need to. Your PIE isn't capped, therefor you need more and 7PIE should easily beat 4AP. As far as any other testing: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107...=1#post5409381
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Minato Arisato
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Edit: This thread is giving me enough good advice. Shouldn't have posted my gear anyway lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neku; 09-27-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Just did a couple of Garuda runs. I was doing between 15-20k damage. First time doing Garuda, so not very consistent yet. usually around 3k damage below the lowest blm.

overall I'd say my set is solid. Unfortunately (although it's a good problem to have) I just got my spine on our last kill, so i'll need to relook at my gear. As many of my pieces were optimized for LT bow.

I'm thinking i'll need to get rid of my jackboots and get some solid DEX pants with STR to push my damage higher. but overall I think i'm done building brd until ARR.

I'll post my results comparing LT vs. Garuda with the same gear set to see if there is any difference after we do Garuda again.

As a side note: I've found that 398 acc with min up was fine. I had a 98% hit rate over 12 or so attempts.

New stats, without food:

AP:559
    Acc:403
    Pie:328
    Dex:273

so the big question will be if the .7DPS will be enough to overcome the 26 base damage on LT bow and 30AP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Onisake; 09-26-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I parse higher with Garuda's spine, but your damage for the fight is on the low end so it may be easier to manage plumes with a higher base damage weapon. Garuda's is nice, but I had a lot of trouble with it at first because it takes more shots to kill plumes.
    (0)

Player

Why so eager to meld str/dex onto your pants? You can meld Piety onto some Felt Kecks or Raptorskin Subligar. Probably cheaper as well.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast