Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Idk if this has been mentioned before, but assuming that they are going to keep the high level mobs come 2.0, I think there should be two different ways of adding mobs to the bestiary:

1) Defeating the mob in battle.

2) Casting a "Scan" spell that has a long cast time, long enough that you need to be careful that the mob doesn't see you and kill you, but short enough so it doesn't become too tedious. Perhaps 30 seconds or so?

Since defeating 80+ mobs will be almost impossible, the scan spell will still allow them to be put in the bestiary.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    A good way to collect in-game, tradable battle cards, so let them drop from mobs. We could earn them from NPCs too. Bestiary is a fine idea for traditionally having it in FFxiv but I also want it work towards in-game card battles & trading(a passive form of PvP, Triple Trade Masters line up!).

>>> Make Achievements work for you: every one you get, your awarded a new battle card withe better stats of the ones you already have, cool huh?
    (0)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Moro Mavera
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 21
    Awesome idea. Like in FFXIII-2 (with 3D View) and information.
    (0)
    =============================================

If Yoshi-P can't save us, Jesus Raptor will.

Player
    Just a bit of slightly related info from the media tour.

After I cleared out the first few quests, I finished up my main story quest, which left me with a message to wait for a level or two before the next quest. (Helpfully, major quest lines have an icon indicating that you can't get the quest yet as well as information about when the next one will be available.) I also finished my first Lancer quest and unlocked the Hunting Log, which is a new feature I instantly fell in love with.

Each class has a different hunting log, and each log has multiple tiers consisting of several targets. My Lancer's first few tiers included Marmots, Funguars, and Ladybugs. Upon killing a designated number of these enemies, you get some gil, some experience, and a mark toward completing a tier. Complete one tier and you unlock the next one.

Simple? Definitely. But it also gives you added incentives to go out and kill things as well as another objective to work toward. The log has other major benefits as well, but for combat-related classes, the impetus to go out and fight multiple targets really spoke to me.
    Hopefully just a stepping stone into a fully implemented Bestiary full of lore and missions.
    (2)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12