Character
    Eji Boo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Marauder vs Warrior

MRD is a pretty viable DD and one that i wish we could explore further but we're hindered by the fact that SE has been releasing all of the new, powerful gear as job only. i can't use my Bravura on my MRD nor my darklight. it's apparent that they won't be phasing classes out for 2.0 because we already know about arcanist and summoner so why gimp classes?

the skills that WAR inherits are all tanking skills;
    1. steel cyclone: terrible WS to use with berserk up, great to use if tanking with rampage.
    2. vengeance: awesome skill with a long cooldown. we can do without
    3. mighty strikes: awesome skill but one we could do without
    4. collusion: tank
    5. antagonize: tank

now as MRD;

Physical
    • feint: miss an attack, get a decent dmg WS with high acc for only 250 tp
    • heavy thrust: a great stun, but only if you have hate
    • leg sweep: an AoE that does just as much damage as steel cyclone with berserk up

Buffs (these are what we want to be MRD for)
    • keen flurry: this makes godsbane a terrifying WS rather than just kinda scary
    • invigorate: makes up for the slow AA that accompanies berserk
    • blindside: we can use this as a warrior, but it goes great with whirlwind
    • blood for blood: contributes to whirlwind

Support
    • decoy: great for if you pull hate, what else do we do with MP?
    • sacred prism: makes the following spells awesome
    • sanguine rite: only for the mages
    • stoneskin: great for any situation where aoe damage is involved
    • cure: same as stoneskin
    • raise: self explanitory

the only place a WAR has in a DD role, while using berserk is Ifrit (Extreme) and how amazing would they be if they were actually MRD with keen flurry, invigorate, blood for blood and blindside!? Since my gear is awesome and i'm a badass WAR myself i can DD pretty well but i'll always be trumped by a MNK or DRG.

MRD would totally fix this, but we, as classes are gimped by the gear we are limited to. the gryphonskin set is great for PUG, LNC and ARC but the option given to MRD is clearly a tank set. there are no pieces of gear equippable by a MRD that will beat darklight helm, cuirass and sollerets in terms of stats and obviously no axe that will beat Bravura in terms of raw damage and stat caps.

i understand that all of this will [might] change with 2.0 but i think this discussion should be considered.

thoughts?
    (0)
    Last edited by ejiboo; 09-25-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The Job system brings an advancement to the existing attributes of each Class

Classes are more versitile, so they give up a bit on specializations.

How else could they be balanced, so that Marauder was equally powerful and yet more versitile?
    (1)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 09-24-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    That's interesting... I need to try this myself to see if it's worth it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    That's interesting... I need to try this myself to see if it's worth it.
    In certain scenarios it can be. I like to use MRD when farming sentinel sabatons in a small group without a whm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xerius Falconbridge
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Maybe they could have baby relics for classes?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    What is this I don't even.
    (4)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Character
    Eji Boo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    The Job system brings an advancement to the existing attributes of each class...Classes are more versitile, so they give up a bit on specializations...How else could they be balanced, so that Marauder was equally powerful and yet more versitile?
    well the thing here is that MRD is not equally powerful by any means due to the fact that it is limited by gear. MRD = no bravura, no darklight. that's a MEGA gimp. MRD is a DD and WAR is a tank that has the ability to do light single target DD and good AoE DD. MRD is viable but only with lame gear. no relics and no darklight seems like they're working to remove classes from the game but as we can see with arcanist/summoner, they clearly are not.

i just want to be able to use the relic that i worked so hard on with both the class and job, i find it dumb that it's not so. there really aren't many uses for classes and this is just me trying to find one. pug can't do without dragon kick, lnc can't do without jump/ring of talons, arc could do without bard's skills but would probably be a dumb idea, cnj can't do without regen, thm is also a viable class, however is not reliant on the dps of a weapon and most if not all BiS blm gear is available to a thm.

the only balancing they need to do is allow classes to wear any gear that the job can. i think it should go both ways as well but not so much because the job has more powerful gear in most circumstances.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ejiboo View Post
    well the thing here is that MRD is not equally powerful by any means due to the fact that it is limited by gear. MRD = no bravura, no darklight. that's a MEGA gimp. MRD is a DD and WAR is a tank that has the ability to do light single target DD and good AoE DD. MRD is viable but only with lame gear. no relics and no darklight seems like they're working to remove classes from the game but as we can see with arcanist/summoner, they clearly are not.

i just want to be able to use the relic that i worked so hard on with both the class and job, i find it dumb that it's not so. there really aren't many uses for classes and this is just me trying to find one. pug can't do without dragon kick, lnc can't do without jump/ring of talons, arc could do without bard's skills but would probably be a dumb idea, cnj can't do without regen, thm is also a viable class, however is not reliant on the dps of a weapon and most if not all BiS blm gear is available to a thm.

the only balancing they need to do is allow classes to wear any gear that the job can. i think it should go both ways as well but not so much because the job has more powerful gear in most circumstances.
    I guess....

but when the game started, you could wear any gear without restrictions (just huge damage to gear when over level) etc etc. The community then QQ'd for more direction and specialization on party function. So if you could have any class wear job specific gear then it kind of brings us back in that direction. The community didn't really want to have so much freedom. Not that that is a good arguement. I'm sure they just want to keep it like this.

Jobs>Classes for party content.
    (1)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Daniel Fury
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    I agree completely with this thread.

Not being able to use my Bravura as a MRD is lame. I been thinking about using MRD as a DD also.

Best I could think of would be to use Garuda's Scream as a downgrade from Bravura, Paragon's Crown/Imperial Operative Tricorne and ul'dahn boots as a downgrade from Helm/Sollerets but that should easily allow for Garuda cap stats.
    (0)