Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    That sucks. So for anyone not part of Twin Adder, it's all about a Tripple Melded Body....?
    More or less. Crit atk is really the only worthwhile stat you can meld to body for monk anyway. If your GC doesn't have a decent body, that's the most accessible solution. But honestly, I wouldn't go out of my way to build for crit atk on monk. It's not like dragoon where you have multiple skills with increased crit rate on top of blindside. Seeing big HF numbers is nice, but I'd trade them for a Corslet just so I don't have to think about Sanciton ever again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    When was crit power buffed? I remember it being mentioned, but I want to see what details were mentioned if any.
    I don't think crit atk was ever buffed. The crit change I remember was in the patch back when dragoon's weapon skills lost their accuracy penalty. I believe all they did there was reduce the dLvl penalty in the crit rate formula though. Being able to significantly boost your crit rate against high level mobs got people interested in stacking crit power to complement that. It was a while ago, and I'm too lazy to go look for the post. I'm fairly sure it was in the patch notes though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    have you told your monks to have chameleon cause at best, when we our doing AV miser gets to Red in which we use chameleon. by the time i/we get red again its time to completly go all out to make sure he can run so everyone tries to stun lock her. We made a stun chain that works very well the pld obviously first as to not stop dmg outpuut with shield bash then the monks with pounce. It mostly always works unless its just one of those nights.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    I don't think crit atk was ever buffed. The crit change I remember was in the patch back when dragoon's weapon skills lost their accuracy penalty. I believe all they did there was reduce the dLvl penalty in the crit rate formula though. Being able to significantly boost your crit rate against high level mobs got people interested in stacking crit power to complement that. It was a while ago, and I'm too lazy to go look for the post. I'm fairly sure it was in the patch notes though.
    Ok, I can confirm that crit rate is not affected by dlvl as I've done quite a bit of parsing for crit rate. Whether it's worth stacking however still depends on what your fighting. Crits every 5 swings don't matter when you only crit for 1 more point of dmg over a regular attack (Ifrit AA dmg).
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 10-12-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Still working on AV 17 Minutes (Best was 18 minutes so far) Almost getting Miser down before she moves.

On Paladin, can usually do ~12k Damage with 70 DPS (~10k if I miss dodging Bad Breath)
    Going to swap some stuff around, to see if I can get close to 14k. Should be fun.

Starting rotation -> Throw -> Flash -> Provoke -> Divine/Outmaneuver then....
    1) If Miser is able to hit me and I block then, Spirits Within -> Hallowed Ground
    2) If Miser is Stunned (Shoulder Tackle/Pounce) -> Hallowed Ground -> Goring Blade Combo

1)w/Spirits + AA ~ 4200 Enmity
    2)w/HG + Goring Combo ~ 3600

**Monk AA + Howling Fist Combo estimated at 3400 Enmity. So it gets you past that crazyness.

Then just continue normal rotation.

This is pretty much the only way I've found to generate enough Enmity to bypass the first wave of Monk attacks. A Fast Blade -> Goring, combo by itself isn't quite enough on it's own. Don't wait more than like 2 seconds to see if you can Spirits Within, otherwise Howling Fist will overrun you and when Miser turns, you wont get hate back easily.

Make sure to let the WHM know you are going to use Hallowed Ground. Because once it's up, you can Sacred Prism -> Cure at that point due to Poison Air.

Should be very easy at that point to keep hate. Most Monks should be yellow.

On Paladin, can usually do ~12k Damage with 70 DPS (~10k if I miss dodging Bad Breath)
    Going to swap some stuff around, to see if I can get close to 14k. Should be fun.
    Edited: 14k not going to happen. Barely hitting 10k, Miser is going down too fast now. But, DPS is still between 70-80
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 10-17-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6