Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Mmm, I recently got a Gae Bolg, and with Crit gear on, my damage on the parser is dramatically high. It isn't too different in DPS damage with stat cap gear, but I love all those Crits going off @_@.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Chardrizard View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post759856

and Darklight Bracers are terrible.
    To expand on both points, the bracers accuracy is 100% useless atm with nearly every encounter. With gae bolg, caligae, white raven, and melded felt bracer you sit just at 400acc which is plenty for 99.99% acc on every fight but garuda and darnus hard. So you are essentially giving up at least 10-15atk with a shitty ATK III double meld. Also the -100hp is a major drag.

DPS is a way to level the playing field between classes, in FFXI the higher damage weapons had slower TP gain's and less WS's per minute in FFXIV we can nearly spam WS's which would greatly unbalance the classes like drg and war vs mnk and brd.
    (1)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NefGP View Post
    I get that, but Garuda's is still strictly better, assuming you get your stats high enough. That's what bothers me.

So for a long time in WoW delay was calculated into the damage of instant attacks (basically weaponskills) in such a way that slow weapons were almost ALWAYS better for damage. An easy to get slow weapon that was bad on paper (low dps or stats or whatever) could outclass something that was more difficult to get and that should have been better. If DPS wasn't a factor in weaponskills here you might see a similar effect, where a weapon like Ifrit's Axe ends up being the best because of its high damage rating, despite the ease of Ifrit compared to a boss like Garuda.

It does make it so some weapons are strictly better than others, but I don't really see that as a bad thing as long as the content is more challenging. Ifrit should give out bad weapons because he is a pushover compared to Garuda. You could make a case for the Grand Company or Giantsgall weapons being too good I guess, though.
    (3)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4