Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Tell this person to stop talking, and in the future, refrain from participating in discourse involving mathematics.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107...=1#post5368330

I would use Grid Coat w/Sanction Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday->Sunday->Repeat if I had it. I will be making a DS Haub+1 w/2 TIV CritAP after 2.0 barring any crazy new options.
    Yeah I apologize. I just had it wrong in my head and didn't clarify first.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBruceyBangBang View Post
    I apologize I made you go on that rant. I was corrected via txt msg from my friend.

TP is calculated by BaseTP x 100
    StoreTP is 1% per 10 StoreTP, but rounds up.

So if your TP per hit with your weapon is 300, adding 1% will make it 301.

Credit goes to Isaaru Duari.
    Still wrong.

Read my post on BG (Note, my name isn't Isaaru Duari) and you'll have an accurate representation of what he is trying to butcher and take credit for. (Not that I have any fucks to give, but it's probably more infuriating this information is being relayed incorrectly than anything else.)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Still wrong.

Read my post on BG (Note, my name isn't Isaaru Duari) and you'll have an accurate representation of what he is trying to butcher and take credit for. (Not that I have any fucks to give, but it's probably more infuriating this information is being relayed incorrectly than anything else.)
    I see you have that it rounds down or rounds up based on it being >0.5 and <0.5 which is the only difference. I'm going off of my friend who did some testing a while before what you posted and I don't read BG forums. So, sorry if I didn't catch your testing that was already mostly completed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dante Goldenpaws
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thanks for the link, though I think there really should be a stick for that somewhere on these forums. I'm very familiar with XI's mechanics (though not as in-depth as some of the BG crowd and especially not Kaeko. Like I remember fSTR, haste calculation etc. etc.) and it just struck me as a bit weird that XIV would deviate to that extent o.O

In XI STP was 1 point = 1% of your TP gain, so if you got 11.5 tp per swing (which was standard 450 GKT I believe) you'd get 12.5 tp/hit at SAM lv 10 with default trait etc.

People have been telling me for instance that your stat caps are also based off DPS rating? Which again strikes me as odd but OK. I'm gonna go read that link you posted now, thanks.

EDIT: Still reading, but holy crap WS damage really does go off of DPS and not the weapon's damage rating? So Garuda's sword will hit harder than Giantgall?

WTF I don't even... Matsui's gone full-retard on us... Hopefully they will change this to a more sensible formula in ARR.
    (0)
    Last edited by NefGP; 10-01-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Player

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post759856

and Darklight Bracers are terrible.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dante Goldenpaws
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Wait wtf, I don't get it - that explanation doesn't make any sense.

They're concerned that another class will use a different class' WS to better ability or something? Maybe it's just the translation but it sounds like a damned retarded/circular logic answer to me.
    (0)

Player

He is saying for example DRG can equip gloom arrow, if damage were based on base damage, DRG's gloom arrow would more damage than BRD's because of DRG's naturally high base weapon damage.

so basing WS damage and stat caps on DPS value prevents that awkwardness.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dante Goldenpaws
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Wait, why is that even usable by other classes? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, wouldn't it just be far better to adjust skills when used on an off-class? That's how the system worked originally, you had affinities...

Besides, it still strikes me as unconscionably dumb and irresponsible to use DPS over Damage - For one thing, it basically renders the Ifrit Weapons utterly pointless. Even though they have the highest base damage and a massive attack bonus, both of which should give them the highest WS output, they get outclassed by Garuda's weapons because their DPs is higher?

The hell is that BS?! Please tell me, why the hell delay should be factored into determining weaponskill damage. Who's the genius on the dev team that came up with that idea? No, instead let's just go the Diablo 3 path and kill weapon diversity by making the weapons with the best DPS rating strictly better, yeah that's real good game design right there.

/rant
    (0)

Player

Ifrit will still do better damage if your stat isn't capped, What DPS does is raising your WS damage potential.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dante Goldenpaws
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I get that, but Garuda's is still strictly better, assuming you get your stats high enough. That's what bothers me.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast