Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player

What single meld are we tlaking about here? single meld PIE? single meld crit?

I do agree that DS+1 with a crit IV might be better if you do not need the accuracy and already are capping STR elsewhere, but Corselet will shines in a place like Garuda where accuracy is needed.

These days i don't even wear my corselet much, i wear crit atk power+100 body :O because DRG critrate is the shiznit
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The Cuirass is better then the Corselet hands down unless you need the ACC (which you may need depending on how you build your goon). The Cuirass offers you 5 less STR which is laughable specially when you can hit your cap NP wearing a chest armor that has less then it. Also offers 10 more atk power and 20 more crit atk power then the corselet. Also, the store TP on a DRG is retarded. If you are playing your DRG properly that store TP is not going to be very beneficial if at all.

They are both great pieces though so if you can get your hands on either/or that would be great!
    (0)
    Last edited by Eliseus; 09-25-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Player

I finally completed my relic and i have stat cap sets(str-365/pie325) and ATK build sets, i personally have been using the cuirass/sollerets/helm with atk gloves and jerky+1 getting a solid 715 base attack w/o power surge (after food). (so I plan to do some dps testing with both sets)

for cuirass vs corselet your looking at: 15str/20atk/50crit 20str/18acc/10atk/30crit
    With our accuracy penalty before it was no contest and corselet was BIS, now with 30 on gae its very easy to hit the 99.9%acc rate. I full time cuirass.

fore sure caligae > boots
    meld atk/str x3> the DL gloves
    (1)
    Last edited by Tango; 09-25-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Dante Goldenpaws
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'm not seeing how the bracers are "obsolete" when you get a massive accuracy boost out of them. That frees up your ring slots for more STR instead of accuracy, while still getting a good attack boost from the gloves as well (vs really just the +STR from a 2x meld as most crafted gear has minimal base stats).

I wouldn't be so fast to judge store TP. Remember that combat is being changed drastically in ARR, with weaponskill costs being lowered to 100~150 it seems. I imagine they'll also change how store tp works to coincide with this, but if they don't - then that body is going to be 1 of the single most OP items a DRG can wear, especially combined with a Gae Bolg & possibly gloves with a 2~3x Evenflow meld.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    edited out and explained below.
    (0)
    Last edited by BruceyBruceyBangBang; 10-01-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pistol Pete
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NefGP View Post
    I'm not seeing how the bracers are "obsolete" when you get a massive accuracy boost out of them. That frees up your ring slots for more STR instead of accuracy, while still getting a good attack boost from the gloves as well (vs really just the +STR from a 2x meld as most crafted gear has minimal base stats).

I wouldn't be so fast to judge store TP. Remember that combat is being changed drastically in ARR, with weaponskill costs being lowered to 100~150 it seems. I imagine they'll also change how store tp works to coincide with this, but if they don't - then that body is going to be 1 of the single most OP items a DRG can wear, especially combined with a Gae Bolg & possibly gloves with a 2~3x Evenflow meld.
    The only reason I see the bracers as being obsolete because you lose the str from w/e melded gloves one would have. I know you mentioned that, but I also have never needed to use acc rings besides on Darnus hard. Always had str/pie rings and melded gloves.
    (0)

Character
    Xakery Jones
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    this info has been helpful! I wear the grid officers coat. I guess I should switch to a double meld piety body? I'm still working on double meld felt bracer +1 for my hands.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dante Goldenpaws
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBruceyBangBang View Post
    Store TP formula is based off of your DPS. So, lets say you have 40. It just adds 4% of bonus TP from what your DPS is, but it rounds up. For a dragoon with relic the corselette actually becomes more viable imo.

Also, I'd like to credit the formula to Isaaru Durai. There is a little more to it, but that is the jist
    What the hell is with all these calculations going off your DPS?

That just seems like such a stupid approach given that DPS is just your damage vs delay...

XI's coding was much simpler in that regard, with each point of STP being 1% of your TP gain (determined by weapon delay). And yeah of course if you have Gae Bolg it becomes better, that's 1 of the things I was kinda driving at - the more STP you have the better it gets (though it's not quite as OP as say haste)

It'll be interesting to see how it functions in ARR with new TP calculations and removal of recasts. I get the feeling that STP is going to be a much more prized stat in ARR.

EDIT: Again about DPS, I just find that to be such a weird stat to base everything on. It's also somewhat degenerative, as people will look at a weapon's DPS and ignore everything else if it's high enough - kinda like what you see in Diablo 3.

Just as an example (and sorry for the off-topic derailing, this is just a peeve of mine with the game's mechanics) Ifrit's Battleaxe has the highest base damage, and a hefty attack bonus - it should, therefor, be the best Axe for dealing damage on a per-hit basis, especially weaponskills.

But if the game just goes off the DPS stat, then Garuda's will actually hit harder - even though it lacks the whopping +30 attack and has 12 base damage - Am I the only one who sees this is completely retarded? What the hell does weapon delay (DPS) have to do with that calculation?!

EDIT 2: As I said, it makes for a degenerative experience, clearly defining certain weapons as just strictly better, based on a stat (delay) that shouldn't be factored in when calculating the damage of an attack. It's more interesting to have a mix of styles - choosing between higher auto-attack/overall damage, or high weaponskill damage (for enemies with a lot of defense such as Ifrit who take minimal damage from auto-attacks).

Back on topic, yes Garuda & Darnus Hard seem to be the only really highly evasive enemies - for the time being. I wouldn't rule out future battles in ARR such as what we might find inside The Crystal Tower.
    (0)
    Last edited by NefGP; 10-01-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBruceyBangBang View Post
    Store TP formula is based off of your DPS. So, lets say you have 40. It just adds 4% of bonus TP from what your DPS is, but it rounds up. For a dragoon with relic the corselette actually becomes more viable imo.

Also, I'd like to credit the formula to Isaaru Durai. There is a little more to it, but that is the jist
    Tell this person to stop talking, and in the future, refrain from participating in discourse involving mathematics.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107...=1#post5368330

I would use Grid Coat w/Sanction Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday->Sunday->Repeat if I had it. I will be making a DS Haub+1 w/2 TIV CritAP after 2.0 barring any crazy new options.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by NefGP View Post
    What the hell is with all these calculations going off your DPS?

That just seems like such a stupid approach given that DPS is just your damage vs delay...

XI's coding was much simpler in that regard, with each point of STP being 1% of your TP gain (determined by weapon delay). And yeah of course if you have Gae Bolg it becomes better, that's 1 of the things I was kinda driving at - the more STP you have the better it gets (though it's not quite as OP as say haste)

It'll be interesting to see how it functions in ARR with new TP calculations and removal of recasts. I get the feeling that STP is going to be a much more prized stat in ARR.

EDIT: Again about DPS, I just find that to be such a weird stat to base everything on. It's also somewhat degenerative, as people will look at a weapon's DPS and ignore everything else if it's high enough - kinda like what you see in Diablo 3.

Just as an example (and sorry for the off-topic derailing, this is just a peeve of mine with the game's mechanics) Ifrit's Battleaxe has the highest base damage, and a hefty attack bonus - it should, therefor, be the best Axe for dealing damage on a per-hit basis, especially weaponskills.

But if the game just goes off the DPS stat, then Garuda's will actually hit harder - even though it lacks the whopping +30 attack and has 12 base damage - Am I the only one who sees this is completely retarded? What the hell does weapon delay (DPS) have to do with that calculation?!

EDIT 2: As I said, it makes for a degenerative experience, clearly defining certain weapons as just strictly better, based on a stat (delay) that shouldn't be factored in when calculating the damage of an attack. It's more interesting to have a mix of styles - choosing between higher auto-attack/overall damage, or high weaponskill damage (for enemies with a lot of defense such as Ifrit who take minimal damage from auto-attacks).

Back on topic, yes Garuda & Darnus Hard seem to be the only really highly evasive enemies - for the time being. I wouldn't rule out future battles in ARR such as what we might find inside The Crystal Tower.
    I apologize I made you go on that rant. I was corrected via txt msg from my friend.

TP is calculated by BaseTP x 100
    StoreTP is 1% per 10 StoreTP, but rounds up.

So if your TP per hit with your weapon is 300, adding 1% will make it 301.

Credit goes to Isaaru Duari.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast