Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
    This is how I've seen a tank regularly do this, stack ~4700 HP on WAR and just take the swing to the face. No idea if it's the most efficient strategy but seems to work nonetheless.
    That doesn't seem like the WAR would be very effective DMG-wise with that much HP. Where did they stack all that HP, anyway? My personal preference is always to go with DMG output, because it makes the fight shorter, and shorter fights = less chance of death for the rest of the party.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    This is probably the most comprehensive and helpful description of the fight I've seen. Thank you.

And also thanks to everyone else. You've given me some useful tools to work with.
    Glad to be of service.

Oh, One more thing. If you do happen to get an opportunity to use Riot Blade (Like when he falls on his ass after 100-Tonze Swing), by all means use it. It's Def/M.Def down effect really speeds up the kill (especially in a mage burn).
    (1)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Thunderz Canadia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    That doesn't seem like the WAR would be very effective DMG-wise with that much HP. Where did they stack all that HP, anyway? My personal preference is always to go with DMG output, because it makes the fight shorter, and shorter fights = less chance of death for the rest of the party.

Tank just need to survive and hold hate

Being one shot is not fun... I've seen it happen several times >.>;

Also the Tanks output is irrelevant in this fight he just needs to survive the 100T moves

Dodging is very risky towards the end of the fight since it triggers the slugs (sound) which silences and amnesia's the mages...which is very well you know.

Its really a full proof plan....just pray the bastard doesn't Spam Animal Instinct
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    Can get the HP from gear+food (apkallu omelette I believe). Having enough HP allows the tank to keep fighting through swing instead of running away = more dmg and more hate = safer for the party as long as you can't be one shot. The only thing that wipes the party with this strategy is trigger happy BLMs that don't stop after AI, or a very bad WHM. Could say it's the "simple way" of fighting Coincounter, tank&spank.

Of course, you can stack DD equipment, run away from Swing, sleep/kill slugs, move around, whatever. But there's a lot more moving parts in the equation. Simple = Less chance to screw up = safer for everyone = reliable.

Not to mention that I haven't seen a tank parse very high numbers compared to the rest of the party anyway, so in my opinion, keeping everyone safe is more important than trying inch a couple of DPS more. But that's just me, I'm sure there are amazing WARs/PLDs out there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Musaid Dysirha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 79
    As warrior, I just constantly run between his legs starting around 70%. If he turns around he'll do either swipe or glower; at which point you're already going back through him. If he doesn't turn he'll do AI or swing. I leave enough room both sides to just run straight back to avoid the swing. Using this method I can also avoid glower, taking minimum damage and allowing the whm to deal damage for the majority of the fight instead.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaid View Post
    As warrior, I just constantly run between his legs starting around 70%. If he turns around he'll do either swipe or glower; at which point you're already going back through him. If he doesn't turn he'll do AI or swing. I leave enough room both sides to just run straight back to avoid the swing. Using this method I can also avoid glower, taking minimum damage and allowing the whm to deal damage for the majority of the fight instead.
    I've seen a video of someone tanking him like this. It looked pretty fun. It seems to create a lot of downtime for Coincounter because he won't do anything while he turns to face you.
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Musaid Dysirha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 79
    Just to add, I don't use provoke or flash past the first time; I save both for AI. I can generate enough enmity through damage in just hp gear (full HDL etc.) with blms going all out. This is for under 17m runs, but again as warrior.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I dunno how that's possible. I keep my rotation very tight on coincounter and if I miss a skull sunder or slow down anywhere, then I will lose hate to the BLMs. I run full enmity set for this mob because of it and if I remove even a stonewall earring, I don't generate enough enmity lol. Might be my BLM are a bit more crazy than yours or something.
    (0)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    Musaid Dysirha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 79
    Coincounter needs to go down in under 2mins, so blms can't really hold back. They need to keep walk mode on and cancel spells when AI is used. I have 165 enmity in the hp set from just Bravura and HDL though, that might play a part.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaid View Post
    Coincounter needs to go down in under 2mins, so blms can't really hold back. They need to keep walk mode on and cancel spells when AI is used. I have 165 enmity in the hp set from just Bravura and HDL though, that might play a part.
    Yes, I have all that. My gear is as follows:

Bravura
    HDL Armor
    Cobalt Plate Belt (Enmity +42)
    HDL Flanchard
    HDL Gauntlets
    White Ravens
    Militia Choker
    Coral Armillae +1
    Electrum Ring +1 x2

That's my tank loadout. My point was that if I swap out even like Enmity+10 on wrists (I said earring before but I meant wrist, same difference), and if I don't hit my rotation perfectly, my BLMs pull hate. At this point they all have relics as well and they are all riding my ass for enmity on this battle. I definitely cannot afford to skip provoke/flash like you claim you can.
    (0)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast