Player
    Character
    Lily Spider
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

Can we change race/looks/servers?

Sorry if this subject has already been chewed to the bone but I couldn't see any confirmed info anywhere.

So can we change our race when 2.0 comes? Or can we make adjustments to our current looks?

Also looking at the new local servers post - I assume when 2.0 comes out, we will be able to choose what server we go to, right? (edit. actually ignore this last bit - it's kinda self explanatory now that I read the whole post)
    (2)
    Last edited by Mamba; 09-18-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    There is a little Monkey in all of us....

Player

Would like to know this as well since i want to change race in 2.0 but don't really want to make a new character and lose everything from 1.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    You will be able to change your appearance, your race and your gender as well.. yes that has been the most mentioned feature for ARR i think ^

they are thinking about that you can change your name as well but they are not sure at the moment if they can make it possible. (but i think name change is very important if you want to change your gender or race, if you ask me )
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Arla Rhylbroes
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I'm hoping for the option to change servers as well. I'm sure a lot of players would be willing to pay money to jump servers once every few months to try out a JP server and a NA server to see the differences in lag.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seigyoku Cypher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Luhy View Post
    I'm hoping for the option to change servers as well. I'm sure a lot of players would be willing to pay money to jump servers once every few months to try out a JP server and a NA server to see the differences in lag.
    Granted, I'm basing this off the pricing info on that Legacy page at the front of the lodestone (and we know where that's lead before...*coughLegacyEndDatecough*), but according to that little table there, it says 12.99 nets you 1 character per server, suggesting even if you don't have Legacy and pay the cheaper entry fee, you'll be allowed to create 1 character per server.

Might not be the same as transferring your character, but even if they did have a pay to transfer option, if you're just wanting to check out the latency, that seems the cheaper option. X)
    (0)
    "Ul'dah can keep their dusty markets, and their streets paved in silver and gold.
    Limsa Lominsa keep your pirates, and your ships covered in musty mold.
    My loyalty lies with Gridania, with the Moogles and the tree spirits of old." -The Forky Conjurer

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    We've already been told we can reroll all our existing characters.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    The last I've heard Yoshi himself mention it was in Nov from a Q&A:

"Q: With the launch of 2.0, will we be able to change our character's gender? What about names?

A: We've had a ton of requests for race changes, so I'm thinking that it's a good idea. But are you all really okay with gender? For example, if your friend changes his gender, that may be quite shocking. System-wise it's no problem at all, so it's really up to you. It's not like you have to change gender if you don't want to, so please let me know your feedback.

With name changes, from a UI standpoint there would be problems with names being too long. So if we were to make it possible to change names in 2.0, we would most likely have to adjust the maximum length. I'd like to make this decision based on how many requests we get as well as how difficult it would be to implement.

So, if any of you have feedback, please submit it on the forums and let us know.
    "

Haven't heard any update since then. So I would say appearance is confirmed even race, not gender or names.
    (0)
    Last edited by Quesse; 09-18-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Inaca Selenaca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesse View Post
    The last I've heard Yoshi himself mention it was in Nov from a Q&A:

"Q: With the launch of 2.0, will we be able to change our character's gender? What about names?

A: We've had a ton of requests for race changes, so I'm thinking that it's a good idea. But are you all really okay with gender? For example, if your friend changes his gender, that may be quite shocking. System-wise it's no problem at all, so it's really up to you. It's not like you have to change gender if you don't want to, so please let me know your feedback.

With name changes, from a UI standpoint there would be problems with names being too long. So if we were to make it possible to change names in 2.0, we would most likely have to adjust the maximum length. I'd like to make this decision based on how many requests we get as well as how difficult it would be to implement.

So, if any of you have feedback, please submit it on the forums and let us know.
    "

Haven't heard any update since then. So I would say appearance is confirmed even race, not gender or names.
    That's a pretty old statement. Immediately after Yoshi said that, he got a ton of fan feedback that was overwhelmingly supporting being able to change gender.

Shortly after that devs have confirmed that you will be given a one time opportunity to completely re customize your character when ARR launches, including race, gender, looks, clan, birthday, deity, etc.

The only thing still not 100% confirmed is name changes.
    (3)

Community Rep
    As we stated before, existing players will receive a one-time chance to change the appearance, race, and gender of their characters.

As far as the name change goes, we are currently doing everything in our powers to make sure we are able to meet your expectation.

Please let us know if you have any other feedback.
    (62)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thanks for the update Rukkirii~
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast