Player
    Character
    Tomahawk Dunk
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Can't hear shouts from areas i'm not in...WHY?!

Semantics asside, it would be wonderful to be able to listen to shouts for parties in ULD while gathering...can we please have this in 2.0? Is there a good reason to not implement this option?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enyae Demetra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Spamming aside, a set of global chat channels would be a great way to find and organize people interested in exploring the same content in this game. I suspect Content Finder will alleviate some of the need for shouting for parties.

As for why is hasn't been done already... I would guess it's because the servers can't handle sending shouts to potential every player in the game. It's probably the same reason that LS are limited in size. All that chatter being sent to hundreds of people...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xt Hydra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by normalforce View Post
    As for why is hasn't been done already... I would guess it's because the servers can't handle sending shouts to potential every player in the game. It's probably the same reason that LS are limited in size. All that chatter being sent to hundreds of people...
    some linkshells that you can buy for 4 months that would be used for specific server and towns.
    im not quite sure why but i think if you would pay for that item for 4 months or more i think SE would be more receptive.. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It would be more wonderful if people actually used the LFG tool as intended. I suspect this will matter little in ARR with the cross-server content finder though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Metyn Aurea
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    FFXI has something like this.... http://www.ffxiah.com/shouts

Which I would not mind at all. However, that is not officially sanctioned, and is as a result of some ingenuitive third party applications. An official hub for shouts would be pretty great. Or even just a separate sever wide chat "channel" dedicated exchanges/events.

As much as "content finders" are fantastic and all that, the reason why few people use them is because the current difficulty of the game thus far requires people not only of sufficient level, but of sufficient skill/gear. Unless content difficulty takes a huge dive in ARR, there will still be no replacement to simply shouting for experienced players. Part of the problem, of course, is the powerleveling that creates level 50 characters with no actual skill. If level could actually be an indicator of player skill... then content finders would indeed be truly useful.
    (0)