Player
    Character
    Enyae Demetra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixandir View Post
    I think it was in Reinharts translation. Seriously bummed out if there is a max 8 person limit on free companies. I was looking forward to free companys a lot, hoping to make one for my LS, having bank, housing etc together. Seems pointless if there is a maximun 8 members for it.
    When they said you can first invite people as guests to your FC, it makes me think that you can have more than 8 people. What little they told us raises all sorts of questions, but I'm content in knowledge they're coming and will have some features that I hoped they would.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Serielley Silverwater
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thanks for all of the replies, guys. Much appreciated.

I just feel like we need some real, detailed clarification from the devs on EXACTLY what FCs will be, and what we can do for them. We've been waiting 2 years for a real guild system, and it's almost here. Time for some information.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Yeah I'm asking the same questions as well, was really looking forward to new FC information so I could prepare my LS and other friends to form a FC in 2.0. Ultimately I believe we'll be able to recruit everyone but initially it takes 4 members to get the ball rolling and then another 4 can join (invites? applications?) to make the 8 that was explained in the recent "letter." But if you and your beginning 8 have to level up the Free Company to even begin recruiting the numbers that some of us would like to add at the start then that's a major hindrance.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Enyae Demetra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    We need to forgot about this 8 number that was thrown out in the latest live Q&A session because I think it's confusing people. (Maybe even me!) I think 8 was used as an example because he was assume people have a static in which they explore the higher level content with. But I don't think the upper limit to Free Companies is going to be that small.

So far, I seems Free Companies are going to be Linkshells With Benefits. You get everything that comes with a linkshell, as well as all the perks associated with a Free Company. Just remember...

...there can be only one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Damie Primalia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I think he was just using an "8 person static free company" as an example here. This is clearly a new guild system with many management tools. It sounds like you can have up to 4 officers access this "box."
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Neorei Dawnbreaker
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Hi damie!

anyways i'm interested also because I run a large LS and having only 8 people in a free company seems kind of crappy, this is something i'm not looking forward to and will be a logistical headache for the announced 24 mans.
    (0)

Hero of Carpe Diem Linkshell

http://hero.guildwork.com/

always looking for good people.

Player
    Character
    Enyae Demetra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Just throught I'd post this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Triairy View Post
    こんばんは。

フリーカンパニーに関するフィードバックありがとうございます。
    いくつか不安になられている部分もあるようでしたので、コメントします。

はい、この3点はあっています。
    最低結成人数が4人であって、4人限定ではありません。

フリーカンパニー所属メンバーの上限ですが、どこまでを上限とするかはまだ確定しておらず、
    引き続き検討を進めますが、少なくても100人以上は所属できるようにする予定です。
    I know not a lick of Japanese, but from what I can gather from Chrome's butchered translation of this, the maximum size of a Free Company is still being decided, but it'll be no less than 100.

Chrome's translation of the bolded portion:
    Is the upper limit of their own members Free Company, the upper limit of how far has not yet been determined, but continue to promote the study, I will be more than 100 people want to be able to belong to no less than.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by normalforce View Post
    Just throught I'd post this here...

I know not a lick of Japanese, but from what I can gather from Chrome's butchered translation of this, the maximum size of a Free Company is still being decided, but it'll be no less than 100.

Chrome's translation of the bolded portion:
    Is the upper limit of their own members Free Company, the upper limit of how far has not yet been determined, but continue to promote the study, I will be more than 100 people want to be able to belong to no less than.
    Best translation ever.

I hope the 4 officer box limit isnt true, I was thinking it was more of a guild bank not a officer hot pot.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I don't know why you'd even think 8 would be the upper limit of a Free Company. This is supposed to be the equivalent of a guild in WoW, where you have a lot of people and go do content together. There's going to be content that supports 24 people so why would you have any less than that?

The forming of a Free Company also sounds like that of WoW, just with some different restrictions. In WoW, you needed 8 random people to sign your petition to form a guild. In ARR, you must have 4 people who have joined any Grand Company (i.e. reached level 20) to come together and form the Free Company.

If the system is designed well, that doesn't mean these 4 will be limited to being the only officers. You should be able to assign ranks like you currently do in linkshells. I expect the ranking to be something like founders > officers > members. If/when they make a FC bank or vault, you'll probably get access to certain tabs of it based on your rank. This is how it works in WoW anyway and I can't see them doing it much differently since it works.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    I don't know why you'd even think 8 would be the upper limit of a Free Company. This is supposed to be the equivalent of a guild in WoW, where you have a lot of people and go do content together. There's going to be content that supports 24 people so why would you have any less than that?

The forming of a Free Company also sounds like that of WoW, just with some different restrictions. In WoW, you needed 8 random people to sign your petition to form a guild. In ARR, you must have 4 people who have joined any Grand Company (i.e. reached level 20) to come together and form the Free Company.

If the system is designed well, that doesn't mean these 4 will be limited to being the only officers. You should be able to assign ranks like you currently do in linkshells. I expect the ranking to be something like founders > officers > members. If/when they make a FC bank or vault, you'll probably get access to certain tabs of it based on your rank. This is how it works in WoW anyway and I can't see them doing it much differently since it works.
    Should and SE dont always get along in the same sentence however..
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast