Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by normalforce View Post
    I'm not sure if follow this. How will they end up screwed?
    Ok so from what they have said previous your free company can align itself to one grand company. This will let you do things with that grand company that you would normally not be able to do because that grand company wasnt your grand company.

The thing is, there are three grand companies and only two you can be a part of (1 from FC, one from yourself).

So assuming a perfect distribution of players chosen grand companies (1/3 to each company) when your LS goes to make a FC and align itself to one GC.

Bob is a part of imperial flames IF
    Tim is a part of the Twin Adders TA
    and Jake is a part of the Maelstrom (?) M

Your FC decides to align itself with TA. Bob and Jake get to use a new GC. Tim is not going to get anything new (TA + TA = still TA).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avgustin Narion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Ok so from what they have said previous your free company can align itself to one grand company. This will let you do things with that grand company that you would normally not be able to do because that grand company wasnt your grand company.

The thing is, there are three grand companies and only two you can be a part of (1 from FC, one from yourself).

So assuming a perfect distribution of players chosen grand companies (1/3 to each company) when your LS goes to make a FC and align itself to one GC.

Bob is a part of imperial flames IF
    Tim is a part of the Twin Adders TA
    and Jake is a part of the Maelstrom (?) M

Your FC decides to align itself with TA. Bob and Jake get to use a new GC. Tim is not going to get anything new (TA + TA = still TA).
    I don't really think it's going to work like that. On an individual level, we'll probably still only be able to be affiliated with one GC.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alexhatesmil View Post
    I don't really think it's going to work like that. On an individual level, we'll probably still only be able to be affiliated with one GC.
    What's the purpose of aligning your FC then?

Not saying your wrong, but it doesnt seem logical to me to align a FC to a GC pointlessly.

Then again it could just be how SE wants it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 09-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Avgustin Narion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    What's the purpose of aligning your FC then?

Not saying your wrong, but it doesnt seem logical to me to align a FC to a GC pointlessly.

Then again it could just be how SE wants it.
    It might just be a lore aspect. Or maybe FCs will get different bonuses from aligning with the different GCs.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alexhatesmil View Post
    It might just be a lore aspect. Or maybe FCs will get different bonuses from aligning with the different GCs.
    I dont know lol, I really thought I read a translation that said obtaining benifits for the player when they align with a grand company - someones translated work from japanese comments. But I cant find it, I can find for sure that you will align with a company but obviously its a rep response now here as well.

Feels weird you can create a LS from thin air but a Free Company needs permission from a "non" free (grand) company.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good evening!

Ogre Okipuit here with a bit more information and clarification about Free Companies!

As you may have heard, you'll need at least 4 people to create a free company and of course you can add more over time. We haven't finalized the details yet, but we're planning on allowing at least 100 members to join an FC.

As for the relationship between grand companies and free companies:
    • By requesting permission from a grand company, a free company can become a subsidiary of that grand company.
    • Despite the fact that free companies are subsidiaries of grand companies, you do not need to be members from the same Grand Company in order to found or join an FC.

We also plan on making it possible to place your free company's crest on certain equipment.

Current LS features will be carried on to Free Companies and it will be possible to delegate leader rights. As for Linkshells, in A Realm Reborn they will be treated as chat channels.

Note: Sorry about the post misfire earlier!
    Please please reconsider that limit, if Free Companies will be taking the place of current Linkshells and linkshells will become nothing more than chat channels we will have the same issues with Free Companies as we currently have with Linkshells, a large limit or unlimited spots in a Free Company will be a lot better.
    (1)

but Free Companies are only one to a person, 100 feels like enough, if not too much already O_o

What I would love to see happen is, the leaders of the FC's would be able to submit FC symbols created by their users and have SE people judge them and if they are appropriate, the FC could use that symbol in game.
    (1)
    Retired FFXI character: Ranok of Sylph

Player

Who wants to manage a shared bank with hundreds and hundreds of members? This sounds insane to me why would you ever want more then 100 ppl in a single free company? Use linkshells like we do now nothing changes. Use free companies for clearing content similar to a static.
    (2)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Especially with the ability to form alliances between them, I highly doubt FCs will ever practically reach 100 anyway. Even then, he said 100+.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Serielley Silverwater
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thank you for the clarification, Okiput!

That answered most of my questions, and I feel a bit better now moving forward. The 100 member cap is going to be a little low for us, but we'll deal with it.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast