Greetings,

I know there has been some confusion about multiple data centers and world discussion that took place in the 25th Anniversary event, so Yoshida addressed it directly in the Letter from the Producer LIVE part III.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
I wanted to provide more details on how the servers will work because when I briefly explained about data centers it looks like there were a lot of players that had questions about it.

What's going to happen is a player will be shown a complete list of worlds. Within the list, players will see which worlds are tied to which data centers (i.e. this world and this world is tied to the data center in Japan, this world and this world is tied to the data center in North America or Europe). Players will have the freedom of selecting any world they prefer.

This means that they can select a world that’s in the data center in their own region or they can select a world that's based off of one in another region. For example, I would choose a world based in Japan because the data centers are physically closer to me. On the other hand, a North American or European player may choose a world based off of their data center centers to keep the lag to a minimum.

So let me make it clear that we're not separating the worlds by language. For those who want to play with players outside of their region, they will have the choice of selecting a world that's located in another region. Also, through the content finder, you will be able to select a language preference so for those who only wish to play with players that speak the same language, all they have to do is set the language preference to the language of their liking.
Hopefully this will clear up any questions you may have.