Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Why don't people understand that regional servers does not mean region locking?
    It does not, but it will seperate people for sure.

I live in JST, but i play on EST afternoon, hence why i am in an NA LS. Sometimes, i play in my afternoon as well which is JST primetime.

When the time comes, i will have to pick my LS or my gameplay. I will probably pick having server with 50ms (Japan server) and i will be sad i will not be able to chat and have fun again with my LS, community is one thing that makes FFXI memorable.

I won't quit FFXIV over it, but i will definitely not gonna keep stop crying regarding this.
    (5)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    When the time comes, i will have to pick my LS or my gameplay.
    Why would you have to pick that?

Your LS doesn't have to move. Unless they all want to move for a better ping, they can just stay where they are.

Keep in mind that system improvements are going to reduce the delays even if you're on a far-away server. There will still be some difference but unless you're a hardcore PvP player, it really doesn't matter much at all.

Unless something changes, all current players going to be on whatever server they're on now when 2.0 releases. People will have the option of moving (as far as we know), but they also have the option of just staying where they are, accepting a slightly higher ping, and being happy where they are.

The difference between playing on a server in japan and one in NA is not going to be THAT big. As long as the system lag is cut down, you'll still be able to play and do things that require movement (e.g. anything that's like ifrit cracks and lava) just fine with a <300ms ping, which is achieveable between NA and Japan.

In the current version, you don't really even notice ping because the server system is so convoluted there is a fair bit of delay regardless of your distance to the servers. Once that shiat is fixed up, you'll be fine.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-15-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Player

Your LS doesn't have to move. Unless they all want to move for a better ping, they can just stay where they are.

Keep in mind that system improvements are going to reduce the delays even if you're on a far-away server. There will still be some difference but unless you're a hardcore PvP player, it really doesn't matter much at all.
    My LS is NA LS, they will move to NA LS, it's a no brainer to move to a better ping server. I will not hold them back and will probably advice them to move to NA server for better experience.

You are delusional if you thinks people doesnt want to move to a server with better latency.

Of course i will hold my judgement to see if the latency makes much difference on server outside Japan and decide for there on.
    (1)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    My LS is NA LS, they will move to NA LS, it's a no brainer to move to a better ping server.
    As I explained, ping alone doesn't have a great impact on MMO gameplay. Especially in FFXIV, especially in it's current state.

They won't have to move servers to have a fully playable experience. After all, it's fully playable *now*. That's not going to suddenly change.

Yes, moving for a better ping is an easy decision to make, but it's not going to hurt you much to follow them to an NA server, nor will it hurt them much to stay on your current server. It's NOT going to be a big deal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46

Well, this I understand , that reguardless on what Server you wide up going on ( NA/EU/JP) it probably won't matter much considering they fixed the servers from the ground up.. so who knows who well they will work ( will just have to see). but if the Servers arw anything like they are right now, then that's when Choosing a Server closest to you will even matter. I think I'm starting to understand better.

" Your not locked on a region" Regions will only truly matter if the servers are not at least par. If it does come to that, then some sacrifices may need to be made at that point. If the only difference lag between NA and JP is .5 sec then Everyone can just flock to the Japan server and forget about the Regional Server. ( Alot of will see when the time comes).
    (0)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player

As I explained, ping alone doesn't have a great impact on MMO gameplay. Especially in FFXIV, especially in it's current state.

They won't have to move servers to have a fully playable experience. After all, it's fully playable *now*. That's not going to suddenly change.

Yes, moving for a better ping is an easy decision to make, but it's not going to hurt you much to follow them to an NA server, nor will it hurt them much to stay on your current server. It's NOT going to be a big deal.
    It does in current version (ex. Ifrit extreme), however like i say earlier i will hold my judgement when ARR is released and see if latency gives a problem or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaAsura View Post
    Why can XI do this right, but XIV (1.0 or 2.0) can't? It makes no sense. Good luck with getting ARR a major success lulz
    You mean with its awesome delay in reaction between client and server on a pipe that is capped and designed around 56K?

I'm guessing any LS with an ounce of structure will decide ahead of time how they're going to do this. As I said, some can deal with the differences in latency, others can't. I'm sure some are willing to stick around because of their LS and friends, while others will feel parting ways to a server on their same region is the better move. The important thing is that it is a conscious choice made by everyone who decides to stick around.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Osmosis Dave
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Ping is not the issue, its population play times. An EU on an NA server will suffer because no new and some old players will leave the current servers for their own specific region servers which will directly affect their game play. So most people are left with the choice of playing with their current friends and suffering for it or moving to region server and not being able to play w/ their friends. Considering most of my MMO friends are NA, this is a big issue.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Syn Kazama
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing?

The good:
    Improved communication without the language barrier.
    Improved response due to geolocation.
    Stronger communities (seriously, how well does the world really get along with each other?)
    More players online during prime times.
    Higher potential for RL friends?

The Bad:
    Lost friends (if they are that good of a friend you or they can make the sacrifice in latency (not ping, ping is what you do to check latency))
    More players online during prime times. (Could cause congestion if things are not resolved)

I'm sure I missed things on both sides of the aisle but it is really not a big deal and to me at least, seems like a plus.
    (2)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Ping is not the issue, its population play times.
    playtimes are not an issue. Your LS and friends can simply stay on their current server if that's an issue to you. nobody is going to be forced to switch servers. Balmung is still going to be Balmung with the same people on it unless all of those people choose to move.

If you want better pings, move to the regional server that's best for you. If that doesn't matter to you and your friends, than just stay on whatever server you're on now.

(not ping, ping is what you do to check latency))
    ping is a part of latency. it's not exclusively used to refer to the console command: 'My ping is 230ms.' "latency' is the combined total of your ping and all other factors delaying server response (e.g. processing on the server)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-15-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast