Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    The only thing that will be different from other MMO's is you wont be forced onto a server located in your region, youre free to chose a different one if you have love for lag.....
    This, and all regions will still get the updates at the same time. Community segregation is still sad.
    (3)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Quote Originally Posted by Irondude View Post
    oh come on, just make new friends with all those cleared ifrit run pick up parties, because nobody died from lag death.
    You mean like how no one dies from lag now and blames it when they screw up? Ah well, people wanted to be separated they got their wish, now let's see how quick people complain about getting what they want.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Quelsx Tripsevntolsx
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    seriously what did people expect? it's not like data centers can be linked by quantum entanglement, "yet". If you want to get rid of lag this is only way. if later they are able to get very low latency and high data rate between the data centers cheap enough, then when one world model comes into being it will come without lag increases. They said they are working towards that, but it will mean extra couple hundred of ms to coordinate parties if not on same data center with current technology.

If you have secret to faster than light communication between any two points on earth feel free to give SE the info, so they can setup the servers how you want, while making more than any small country on the side in licensing profits.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by q16777216 View Post
    seriously what did people expect? it's not like data centers can be linked by quantum entanglement, "yet". If you want to get rid of lag this is only way. if later they are able to get very low latency and high data rate between the data centers cheap enough, then when one world model comes into being it will come without lag increases. They said they are working towards that, but it will mean extra couple hundred of ms to coordinate parties if not on same data center with current technology.

If you have secret to faster than light communication between any two points on earth feel free to give SE the info, so they can setup the servers how you want, while making more than any small country on the side in licensing profits.
    We are expecting DCUO Server Architecture.. but meh you might not understood it :|
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Renen Angel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Now we can only hope they allow for fast server transfers or some such
    (0)

Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I'm currently accepting written apologies from all of the people who told me I was wrong.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Kokoyu Mehok
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    On the bright side... even in a different region lag should be more bearable than it is at the moment. If I can dodge now, I'm hoping I'll be able to in 2.0.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lux Leslie
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    please don't do this...
    (32)

Player
    Character
    Blade Belisaire
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 78
    What happened to:

A Server System Built to Support a WorldlessModel
    ・Party/content matching for players from different World servers
    ・High-speed searches for PCs, items, player community data
    ・Changes to the basic infrastructure to improve data transfer efficiency
    Taken from the 2.0 Outline.

Has this idea been entirely scrapped? Or what?

For those that think that this is really gonna benefit our latency, I think that they should consider that should the NA servers go down, they will probably be very, very, slow to go back up. I can't imagine SE employing an equally good server maintenance staff here in the States as they do in Japan, do you? They are essentially making multiple operations and maintenance teams now... and I'd expect them to make shortcuts.

Well everyone, hope you didn't actually embrace the community and make friends on the other side of the world! D:
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Pfft. We're already separated by time zone and language. While I do on occasion play with people of a different language (and I do enjoy it) I'm playing with NA or EU 95% of the time anyway.
    And now you'll have to play with one OR the other, not both.
    (10)

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast