Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ferrous Ironchick
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    you could just relay the Japanese connections around until everybody has the same lag and then design content around it..... but that would be stupid, all be it a fix to the issue.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    I don't know what exactly people were expecting. You ask for better latency, and they solve it. Now you're complaining that servers will be segregated? I don't see a problem with sticking to a JP server, as long as the response time is better than what it is now. No matter where you are in the world the current server structure is absolutely horrid. Even JPs suffer through lag on the current setup. There won't be a massive delay in 2.0, if PSO2 is anything to go by, though you will see a few hiccups. They just need to make a lot of the UI and hit detection client side. Like they should have from the beginning.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    The only thing that will be different from other MMO's is you wont be forced onto a server located in your region, youre free to chose a different one if you have love for lag.....
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    I don't know what exactly people were expecting. You ask for better latency, and they solve it. Now you're complaining that servers will be segregated? I don't see a problem with sticking to a JP server, as long as the response time is better than what it is now. No matter where you are in the world the current server structure is absolutely horrid. Even JPs suffer through lag on the current setup. There won't be a massive delay in 2.0, if PSO2 is anything to go by, though you will see a few hiccups. They just need to make a lot of the UI and hit detection client side. Like they should have from the beginning.
    They are hoping for a server architecture that can be played in same world but different servers. But this one is the same ol' server architecture.

I hope for the better too, regional servers, but same realm
    (7)

Character
    Ferrous Ironchick
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    oh come on, just make new friends with all those cleared ifrit run pick up parties, because nobody died from lag death.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Kyra Narese
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Thank god for this, im in UK but Im going on a USA server first chance i get, cant stand this european and japanese language text in my chat box any more its doing my head in every day seeing languages i dont understand. Dont really care if i get slight lag just want a server where most people chat in english.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Shura Raizen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    "So let me make it clear that we're not separating the worlds by language. For those who want to play with players outside of their region, they will have the choice of selecting a world that's located in another region."

But the end result is, the worlds are gonna get separated, the idea of global community will die and while we might be able to choose any region, it still means that if we were part of a international LS or have friends in multiple regions, we will be separated. Content finder seems to allow u to narrow your language preference but i assume its not gonna let me communicate with a friend on a different server to do an event.
    (14)
    Last edited by Shura; 09-14-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondude View Post
    oh come on, just make new friends with all those cleared ifrit run pick up parties, because nobody died from lag death.
    is easy for you, but is not easy for me, i have spend 2 years playing with friends i've made in this server, and to be told that is not going to be freaking easy. If im still a kid, i will most probably forget it, but im a full adult, memories and pain stays longer.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    I don't see a problem with sticking to a JP server, as long as the response time is better than what it is now. .
    I have NA friends and EU friends. There is no way I could possibly ever convince them to play on the same server as mine if it ends up being a JP world. Not only that but I would expect non JP population to fall drastically, meaning you are effectively segregating communities that have already been together for 2 years now.

And no, "make new friends" is not an option. Sorry if I actually care about the people I play this game with.
    (25)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Pfft. We're already separated by time zone and language. While I do on occasion play with people of a different language (and I do enjoy it) I'm playing with NA or EU 95% of the time anyway.

That said, we all saw what happened to Ragnarok, the only server that had to have its Hamlet level 2 requirements lowered because of lack of ability to meet the demand. Hamlet defense on Raggy Rock suffered because we need more players than are online at a given time to submit items for points.

For large scale serverwide events, we need MORE players than we can get in a single timezone. This is where server segregation is a BIG FAIL.
    (19)

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast