Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharacelcus View Post
    the only way i can see this work is if i can select the world everytime i log in.
    if i play during the daytime i'll connect to the EU server.
    if i want to play during the nighttime i'll connect to the NA one.
    (i know this isn't gonna happen.)
    Hmm, it will be good if you can do that, but most likely it will not be the case.
    (2)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I'll create a new Character on the JP server, just in case stuff goes down badly on NA server and I still want to play.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    How can we even compromise with this:

- Only one data center in Japan that everyone goes into, No segregation, but may experiences alot of lag for users that are far away.

-Multiple Data Centers across the world, which a person can go to the closest data center, little to no lag at all, however There is a possibility of segregation.

So the question becomes: Do you want lag with no Segregation? or Do you want no Lag with segregation?
    (4)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharacelcus View Post
    the only way i can see this work is if i can select the world everytime i log in.
    if i play during the daytime i'll connect to the EU server.
    if i want to play during the nighttime i'll connect to the NA one.
    (i know this isn't gonna happen.)
    Most likely impossible. What about your retainers? Do they stay on the same server or move with you? What if there's an LS with the same name on a different server.

I mean I'd love to see it work like this but it's highly unlikely. Not like SE would bother to make a system that actually help us form communities instead of completely obliterating them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darshu Warshoes
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Wynn, your answer seemed a bit sarcastic. I take it it may not be important to you to play with the Japanese, the French, the German or the Australian. But it is to me. And obviously, if I choose one server that accommodates just one of those communities, I'll be losing a lot.

Antipika, do you expect it to be easy to convince 80 people from different regions to move to the same server? And a JP one at that, when most of the community in those servers will lack NA/EU players that prefer everyone speaking their language?

This change is only truly beneficial to those who do not care about anyone else but their own communities, that have only friends from the same region and that will move to the server closest to them. I wonder if this is the situation of the majority of FFXIV players.
    (6)

Player

"To be, or not to be: that is the question.".

I don't know how it will affect player communities, but I definitely disagree with this decision.
    (2)

Here's goodye to all over seas friends I have made on Ridill, and hello new NA friends!
    (1)
    Retired FFXI character: Ranok of Sylph

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlord View Post
    How can we even compromise with this:

- Only one data center in Japan that everyone goes into, No segregation, but may experiences alot of lag for users that are far away.

-Multiple Data Centers across the world, which a person can go to the closest data center, little to no lag at all, however There is a possibility of segregation.

So the question becomes: Do you want lag with no Segregation? or Do you want no Lag with segregation?
    I think most of us were under the impression that we would transmit data to the nearest data center rather then the data centers being tied to a specific world. I was hoping for that model rather then this.
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    I think most of us were under the impression that we would transmit data to the nearest data center rather then the data centers being tied to a specific world. I was hoping for that model rather then this.
    Kinda like FFXI does, but we know we're not supposed to want XIV to be like XI in any way >.>
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Darshu View Post
    Wynn, your answer seemed a bit sarcastic. I take it it may not be important to you to play with the Japanese, the French, the German or the Australian. But it is to me. And obviously, if I choose one server that accommodates just one of those communities, I'll be losing a lot.

Antipika, do you expect it to be easy to convince 80 people from different regions to move to the same server? And a JP one at that, when most of the community in those servers will lack NA/EU players that prefer everyone speaking their language?

This change is only truly beneficial to those who do not care about anyone else but their own communities, that have only friends from the same region and that will move to the server closest to them. I wonder if this is the situation of the majority of FFXIV players.
    Well, I genuinely didn't mean it to be sarcastic. It is the truth. That is exactly what is going to happen from the viewpoint of people who choose to stay behind on the old servers. I'm sure anyone that thinks like you do is simply going to stay put on whatever server they are on.

But you are wrong about something. This change is beneficial to people who care about their own gameplay experience. It has nothing to do with community.

If your friends are really genuine, you are all going to stay together anyway. And if not, perhaps they weren't really your friends to begin with since they care more about server ping time than playing with you. Just food for thought.

Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast