Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestern_Nestern View Post
    I am not leaving Ragnarok -- I don't care if players only speak Gallifreyan there.

I am going to keep playing this game the same way I played it before: community before convenience.

And when I die from lag, at least I know the community I've come to know and love will be there to hold my hand...and hopefully raise me, just sayin'. I am getting kind of cold on the floor here, people!

(singing: I want to hold your haaa~~and, I want to hold your haaa~and)

lol glad to see you won't leave my friend ^.^
    (0)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudd View Post
    Considering the community is what kept 1.0 alive, they sure are turning their backs on it with this sort of move, eh? ;v
    Yup. I'm still not happy about it, especially because they could've at least tried ARR with global servers and THEN moved on if lag was still an issue (which I bet it won't be because the large majority of the old latency problems were due to the client being poor).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Colino View Post
    Yup. I'm still not happy about it, especially because they could've at least tried ARR with global servers and THEN moved on if lag was still an issue (which I bet it won't be because the large majority of the old latency problems were due to the client being poor).
    Setting up server infrastructure isn't like dusting crops. There's location, costs, backups...

Besides, launch is pretty much the first impressions for a lot of new players. If the old problems reminiscent of 1.0 still persist, that's a lot of players that won't come back.
    (1)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Every server is going to have a plenty wonderful community, regardless of where it's physically located.

Aside from this, if you choose not to transfer anywhere, you're going to have more or less the same nicely mixed community you had before. I know lots of people who plan to do this, so I know it will be the case. Additionally, you're free to play on any server you want, and even create a character on every server if you want- So you can immerse yourself in japanese on servers located in Japan or immerse yourself in every other culture in the world on the EU-located servers.

The community will survive. I'm sick of this debate raging on and I'm amazed it's gone this far when I know the vast majority of players (and potential players), whom never post on the forums, don't even care about this- potential new players may even expect things to be this way and not realize it wasn't always, so it will be all the better for them.

Yup. I'm still not happy about it, especially because they could've at least tried ARR with global servers
    All servers are still "global" servers- anyone can join them regardless of where they are from or where the server is located.

(The exception being China)
    (2)

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111