Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1104
    Player
    All I would really like was for us to have had some hard numbers before they made such a community crushing decision, if anything deserved to be asked in a players poll...

Of course I'm sure someone will find a obscure question in one of the polls that could possibly elude to this, somewhere...I want a clear question.

"Do you (The players) Feel you would prefer regional servers to give a boost in latency or keep the current global servers" Then again It's a shame we can't playtest 2.0 on the Japanese servers to see how the latency effects us now that they have reworked the engine.

It's a question that they should have asked us and gave us the chance to give feedback on but I assume the wheels of fate are allready turning.

*Reply 1000*
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    All I would really like was for us to have had some hard numbers before they made such a community crushing decision, if anything deserved to be asked in a players poll...

Of course I'm sure someone will find a obscure question in one of the polls that could possibly elude to this, somewhere...I want a clear question.

"Do you (The players) Feel you would prefer regional servers to give a boost in latency or keep the current global servers" Then again It's a shame we can't playtest 2.0 on the Japanese servers to see how the latency effects us now that they have reworked the engine.

It's a question that they should have asked us and gave us the chance to give feedback on but I assume the wheels of fate are allready turning.

*Reply 1000*
    I'd be in complete favor of this, as I'm absolutely sure that a crushing majority would vote in favor of the global servers.
    (1)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Mayoi Hachikuji
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    They allready showed us how good the latency is at gamescon they were connected to the server in japan in germany and had no noticable lag at all.

People are now only worried about milliseconds not large delays.
    It's always nice when they show and talk about things like this on gamescon etc. but often enough there is a difference on how it runs on a crowded live server so i wouldn't give too much on this short demonstration.

We need to beta test it out and if its really runs smooth nobody gonna complain about global servers. They just need to give us server with a ping below 100
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by moriandrio View Post
    It's always nice when they show and talk about things like this on gamescon etc. but often enough there is a difference on how it runs on a crowded live server so i wouldn't give too much on this short demonstration.

We need to beta test it out and if its really runs smooth nobody gonna complain about global servers. They just need to give us server with a ping below 100
    A ping below 100 is in no way necessary for smooth gameplay. You will never, ever be able to perceive the difference in a MMORPG even if the ping goes up as much as 200. It's two tenths of a second.

PS: Gamescom wasn't just a "short demonstration". People got plenty hands on time with the game.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    A ping below 100 is in no way necessary for smooth gameplay. You will never, ever be able to perceive the difference in a MMORPG even if the ping goes up as much as 200. It's two tenths of a second.
    It is necessary depending on the game you play. For something like FF XI or current slow paced XIV? No it's certainly not. For most of MMOs out there? It is, unless you are a terrible player.

"two tenths of a second" is a lot when GCD is 1~1.5sec. When window for interrupting things or healing are not any wider than 2 seconds.
    (1)
    Antipika.
    Deathsmiles II-X - Difficulty Lv.2+ (1CC/2LC ALL clear) : http://youtu.be/pjRuwv_-MlI?hd=1
    Touhou 13 - Ten Desires (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=PL194872B2BBA7CA67
    Touhou 12.5 - Double Spoiler (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BD180E7054F3C1A2
    Touhou 9.5 - Shoot the Bullet (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=53B01AAE8A03BDD1
    Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7A5C1FF6BDAD1C1B

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipika View Post
    It is necessary depending on the game you play. For something like FF XI or current slow paced XIV? No it's certainly not. For most of MMOs out there? It is, unless you are a terrible player.

"two tenths of a second" is a lot when GCD is 1~1.5sec. When window for interrupting things or healing are not any wider than 2 seconds.
    The only MMO for which 200 ms is anywhere damaging is Tera, where i can still easily outtank anyone else with a ping between 100 and 115, and sometimes 125.

if you aren't a "terrible player" 1.8 seconds are way more than what you need to interrupt things or healing, even counting GCDs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Abriael; 10-01-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    Can you explain why you believe this in terms other than "I don't like it"?

Almost all MMOs have regional servers, including industry heavy hitter WoW, and nobody in those games bat an eyelash. It isn't even a concern. Not even a thought.
    Because that's a western MMORPG and any eastern release is handled by a 3rd party or uses unofficial patches and no where near close to up to date.

So the difference here is, that's a western MMO with a english speaking community as it's main clientele, FFXI and XIV for example is an international MMO which unlike many had servers that handled multiple platforms and playerbases, this was something still fairly unique in the MMO world.

The problem with XIV that even SE stated wasn't exactly the location of the servers, but the settings and hardware, fixing that will fix most of the issues we have. Look at FFXI, it doesn't have even an iota of problems XIV has and it's an older Playstation 2 MMORPG that ran on older server hardware than XIV and yet, XIV is hindered by all kinds of problems not even it's predecessor suffered from in the early days. The only issue for XI in the early days was design issues and typical new MMO stability problems...yet all of my actions fire properly, they recast and cooldown properly and so on.

Think about that for a second.
    (6)
    Last edited by Elexia; 10-01-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gutz Berzerker
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Do not separate us, you will cause the game to become very bland. The one thing ive always found that made this game so interesting is the ability to group with different people from around the world, it made the game so much more interesting!

One example is when questing with players from japan it made for a very interesting experience with how we would quest together, Honestly i enjoyed it much more than questing with American players and such... There is no way i would join a Japanese server just for such an experience since i cant speak Japanese, making for a very lonesome journey.

What i am trying to say is by doing this you are going to create a very bland Final Fantasy atmosphere, may i suggest you allow us to freely switch between servers when ever we wish, or at the very least come up with a better server performance decision?

You are Square Enix after all, I'm sure you must be able to come up with something right?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Very much in favor of this. EST region server ftw.
    (2)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    The only MMO for which 200 ms is anywhere damaging is Tera, where i can still easily outtank anyone else with a ping between 100 and 115, and sometimes 125.

if you aren't a "terrible player" 1.8 seconds are way more than what you need to interrupt things or healing, even counting GCDs.
    The difference between 150ms and 180ms in FFXIV is enough to get you killed on any move you need to dodge.
    (0)

Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast