Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    When will SE learn if they are just as blunt and straight forward as possible..and actually have the reps use their brains before they post something (or whoever decides what the reps can post) that none of this debate/discussion/speculation crap would ensue.

Probably never.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raagnar View Post
    Don't assume I think they will stay exactly the same... what im trying to say is the player asking prices will not all be 1/10 and its foolish to think ppl will just automatically follow that rule of thumb. The rich will still get what they want for it and the lower ppl will still be complaining. This isnt changing anything but the total amount in circulation. Its pointless unless all they wanted was a lower number and to give ppl the feeling they are deleting their work.
    Over time they would drop. Depending on how loot is in the game and what npcs sell that would also change things.

The rich will stay rich however (aside from bad decision making or a loss in play time they normally invest).

The main thing is that new players wont see the price of a level 60 double meld as 1 trillion and give up. Because there have been many gil exploits through the birth and rise (fall?) of FFXIV, the gil needs to be brought back down to reasonable looking numbers.

Also we could be truthfully losing or gaining money (in %) depending on how they built the economy for 2.0, so its hard to say if we got screwed or won. A straight redenomination however doesnt lose anyone money, just digits to look at.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Don't assume I think they will stay exactly the same... what im trying to say is the player asking prices will not all be 1/10 and its foolish to think ppl will just automatically follow that rule of thumb. The rich will still get what they want for it and the lower ppl will still be complaining. This isnt changing anything but the total amount in circulation. Its pointless unless all they wanted was a lower number and to give ppl the feeling they are deleting their work.
    They won't automatically follow some rule of thumb. It will happen gradually and inevitably. Nobody is gonna buy shit at the old prices that would be considered 10x overpriced. Even if some rich people don't care to drop it, others who want their shit to sell will. Thus, prices drop.

It's a pointless debate at this point. When 2.0 comes around and things all work out, you'll all get it then.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Len Orlan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Ah, this news couldn't make me happier.

I foresee the dissolution of many "100mil or more" linkshell groups.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    i wasn't lumping you in with that group. i was just expanding on your post. it is true that some items may drop to 10% of what it is now, but for the people thinking everything will drop to that rate is just fooling themselves. with lower overall gil in the game the more important items like shards/foods will see an increase in the percentage of return people expect to make off of them.

the prices on those type of items may drop, but they will not drop to that 10% of it's original price. that, in turn, leads to a higher profit on the investment even though the overall profits will be decreased.
    (0)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarpoet1 View Post
    i wasn't lumping you in with that group. i was just expanding on your post. it is true that some items may drop to 10% of what it is now, but for the people thinking everything will drop to that rate is just fooling themselves. with lower overall gil in the game the more important items like shards/foods will see an increase in the percentage of return people expect to make off of them.

the prices on those type of items may drop, but they will not drop to that 10% of it's original price. that, in turn, leads to a higher profit on the investment even though the overall profits will be decreased.
    That is only true assuming people are slow to adapt and that the rates of drops are worse then they were in 1.0.

Otherwise no, foods will go down in price too. The value of gil has been concentrated, only people who dont understand what the process SE has done will maintain the same price (or trying to trick fools into buying at the original price).

They are not magically going to sell for a larger % otherwise.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 09-18-2012 at 04:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    It's pointless to argue about whether or not things will go down in price to exactly 10% as before. So much is changing with 2.0, most importantly gathering and crafting. With fundamental changes hitting those 2 aspects of the game, how can one honestly make accurate predictions on prices? All we can say for sure is that, prices will go down. The extent to which they do can't be known as of yet.
    (1)

Happy Monday everyone!

I have quite a lengthy follow-up from Yoshi-P in regards to question about gil that he answered during last week's Producer Letter LIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hello! Producer/Director Yoshida here.

I would like to clarify the announcement I made the other day during the Letter from the Producer LIVE in regards to devaluation by reducing digits of gil by one. However, as I mentioned, we will be making an announcement on Topics about this, so please wait just a bit more for the final details.
    1. The prices of NPC goods and how much they pay for your items in A Realm Reborn will be 1/10th of the price currently.
    2. The amount of gil received as rewards for content and monster drops in A Realm Reborn will be 1/10th of what they are currently.
    3. All items current being sold with a single-digit value of gil will either have their sale values modified or be removed from the game. (Items removed from the game will be automatically converted to their value in gil, which will be calculated as 1/10th of their current value)
    4. Due to the large scale changes in battle specs, the value of items in A Realm Reborn and the current version will be different.
    5. The amount of gil players currently possess will become 1/10th of what they possess when A Realm Reborn launches.

In other words, all the hard work you've put into saving up gil won't be lost. Even though the gil you possess will become 1/10th what it currently is, we're adjusting NPC sale/buy prices to also become 1/10th what they are now, so relatively nothing will change. However, we do apologize that this may be a shock emotionally.

Players may feel like "my money is being reduced!" However, we're doing this so that when we launch A Realm Reborn and support it for many years to come, it will be easier to play with a more realistic sense of value than just having huge economical digits just because.

The whole reason for this change is to rectify the increase in cost of items relative to the price of arrows, since archers in A Realm Reborn will no longer need arrows. I'd like to make it clear that we have no other agenda in wanting to reduce the amount of gil everyone has currently.

During the live stream I tried to convey this all by saying "the entire economy will become 1/10th of what it is currently, so there is no detriment," but I apologize for my lack of explanation.

--------------------------------------------------------

From here on out is just icing on the cake, so if you are not so keen on somewhat overly complex details, feel free to skip over this.

The devaluation to take place with the shift to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, as stated above, is making the amount generated, the amount gained, and the amount in circulation 1/10th what it is now. In other words, it would be best for players not to do anything at this point in time.

I'm sure there are some thoughts about selling items before they become 1/10th what they are currently, but as I wrote in #1, 3, and 4 above, the NPC item purchase prices and items that are useful in battle will change to go along with the balance changes in A Realm Reborn.

For example, let's say you're thinking "I better hurry up and sell Heaven's Eye Materia IV!" However, with the balance in A Realm Reborn, there is a possibility of changes in the amount of these being generated and they could not be as effective as they are currently. This is something that we cannot clearly answer as we're balancing this as we are creating it. While there is still the possibility for futures purchasing, please keep in mind that there is also the possibility for large losses as well.

In other words, it would be best to stay the current course.
    (74)
    Last edited by Gildrein; 09-18-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Correction has been made due to some incorrect details.
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Futures trading has always been risky.

It's also insanely profitable.

I'll be holding my tier IVs this day forward.

Thanks for the warning.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Happy Monday everyone!

I have quite a lengthy follow-up from Yoshi-P in regards to question about gil that he answered during last week's Producer Letter LIVE.
    Sounds good. It's not like I really cared about gils anyway.
    Good things are bought with seals, crafted (by myself) or dropped.

No complaint here.
    (2)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast