Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KaplanHomahru View Post
    They can, to an extent. They know that 100 > 10, but they just don't take it conceptually far enough like 'Oh everything/everyone in the entire game will be adjusted around this making it the same as it is now in a different way'
    Be nice it requires evil fractions, multiplication and division required to understand :P (playing with ya).

Though there are some people who just read a vague translation and are coming here going "wtf?" and come out alright once they understand.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    This is a fairly decent way to handle RMT. it's effectively removing 90% of gil from circulation. most of which is probably on RMT characters.

The economy right now is way out of alignment right now anyway. the majority of the gil I make comes from NPC sources. the majority of stuff I buy is from PCs. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people are the same way.

So no gil is really exiting the system. there is also not really any gil sinks to remove money from the system. (and by that I mean things that require you to give gil to NPCs) the biggest one right now is the taxes on the wards. easily remedied through trading.

I personally think this is a good move. This is a classic example of why some people need other people to make their decisions for them.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kaplan Homahru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Be nice it requires evil fractions, multiplication and division required to understand :P (playing with ya).

Though there are some people who just read a vague translation and are coming here going "wtf?" and come out alright once they understand.
    Yeah, this thread is probably 99% kneejerk replies, and then people have time to think about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aviya Lily
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 83
    This really makes me not want to play anymore
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jho Stumps
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Amount of currency is decreasing
    Wealth relative to the most consistent prices in the market is not changing
    The volatile side of the market will adjust accordingly given enough time
    If you look at it in the right way, those with less gil right now may end up losing less wealth directly following the version change, as they will be less likely to be able to afford the prices that exist in the volatile areas of the market before those prices adjust for the re-valuation that is occuring.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Onisake View Post
    This is a fairly decent way to handle RMT. it's effectively removing 90% of gil from circulation. most of which is probably on RMT characters.
    And how? Everything is divided by 10. Again it's like when we moved from our national currency to euro. Did we became X times more poor because of that? Or did it have any direct impact on the economy itself? No.

Your 10 gil in a 100 trillion gils economy are worth exactly the same as your 1 gil in a 10 trillion economy.

(I used 100 and 10 trillion as random, could use any value, wouldn't change anything.)
    (3)
    Antipika.
    Deathsmiles II-X - Difficulty Lv.2+ (1CC/2LC ALL clear) : http://youtu.be/pjRuwv_-MlI?hd=1
    Touhou 13 - Ten Desires (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=PL194872B2BBA7CA67
    Touhou 12.5 - Double Spoiler (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BD180E7054F3C1A2
    Touhou 9.5 - Shoot the Bullet (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=53B01AAE8A03BDD1
    Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7A5C1FF6BDAD1C1B

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
    No way they'll slash their prices by 9/10, and no way you'll slash the prices on items you sell by 9/10 either (since you'll set your price according to the same market).

So ... business as usual.
    Only an idiot would buy something for more than the NPC sells it...

So yeah... business as usual
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Macaroni Love
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    With all the undercutters in the wards, it won't take more than a few days for the price of items in the wards to go down
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rowan Garnet
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    This is lame....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    This really makes me not want to play anymore
    Why? It has no impact on you at all. You're not losing anything in terms of Gil. It's just an adjustment of a value.
    (1)

Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast