Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raagnar View Post
    No matter how you spin it the bottom line is the same, they are removing gil from the game. You can make peace with it by saying things will even out and I'll still have the same amount in value.. but this will shake things up because this is one thing he said he would not do. Even if you relabel it, its still gil being deleted. anyone remember the Simpsons? "temporary refund adjustment"
    If you must insist, to avoid further wordplay I'll simplify.

Are they removing gil from the game? It can be interpreted as such, perhaps, since all values are decreasing and the currency name is the same.

Are they removing any wealth from the game? No. Nobody is losing wealth. Everyone is just as rich/poor as they were before.

If you still don't understand how that is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redenomination
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Panda Taru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctisUmbra View Post
    I have. They're quite happy about not having to say million and billion when speaking of loose change. Not to mention it's a lot messier of a process in real life due to reprinting and exchanging of currency, whereas in game it's all done automatically. Nice and clean.
    ...and about the most important part of a redenomination, the economic?

Quote Originally Posted by NoctisUmbra View Post

Honestly dude, I'm giving you much more attnetion than you need with this trivial argument of yours. You trollin me?
    Guilty as charge. couldn't help it when I read your posts saying you were happy that you were right about the redenomination while some other people had a hard time believing SE would troll us with a redenomination.

let's get back on topic, it's more important than trolling around.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaTaru View Post
    ...and about the most important part of a redenomination, the economic?
    You can look it up yourself. Turkey's actually been doing better and better since then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    No matter how you spin it the bottom line is the same, they are removing gil from the game. You can make peace with it by saying things will even out and I'll still have the same amount in value.. but this will shake things up because this is one thing he said he would not do.
    Actually he said there won't be character wipes. He never said that there wouldn't be a readjustment of gil in circulation.
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    actually that is your progress, you have to start the quest pick your weapon then go fight your NM and get your double meld.... thats how the quest begins...
    No the quest begins before that. You flag the quest when you choose which weapon you want to get. Then the quest appears in your journal.

We don't know if that step will stay the same. I predict that it will not. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but considering that everything else in that quest will be disappeared, I don't see why this won't change as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cascade Taiga
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    No the quest begins before that. You flag the quest when you choose which weapon you want to get. Then the quest appears in your journal.

We don't know if that step will stay the same. I predict that it will not. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but considering that everything else in that quest will be disappeared, I don't see why this won't change as well.
    thats what i said..... you pick the weapon you want from the NPC and it starts... in then shows which NM and double meld you need

its not changing
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roric Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Wealth is relative and different for each person so yes in a way they are removing wealth. And this isnt redenomination, there is no face value, there isnt different types of gil. 1 gil = 1 gil before and after 2.0 they are just removing it. You are just assuming ppl will follow suit and lower prices with you but as pointed out the rich will still be rich and dont care if you cant afford their asking price. And im not talking about stupid shit like raptor haunch. things worth while.. like melded gear, im still going to charge whats worth my time and not because they lowered gil costs from vendors.

And if its all the same and makes no difference then why so happy about it being done?
    (3)
    Last edited by Raagnar; 09-18-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Wealth is relative and different for each person so yes in a way they are removing wealth. And this isnt redenomination, there is no face value, there isnt different types of gil. 1 gil = 1 gil before and after 2.0 they are just removing it. You are just assuming ppl will follow suit and lower prices with you but as pointed out the rich will still be rich and dont care if you cant afford their asking price. And im not talking about stupid shit like raptor haunch. things worth while.. like melded gear, im still going to charge whats worth my time and not because they lowered gil costs from vendors.

And if its all the same and makes no difference then why so happy about it being done?
    All npcs and quests have lowered rewards, your gil is worth a different value in 2.0. They have concentrated the power of the gil per unit of gil basically.

The prices may not jump down right away but it would be foolish to assume the same prices will maintain themselves (if there are no more gil making abuses of course..).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60

the only ones happy about it are the really poor people that spend everything they make as soon as they can. they look at someone with a few hundred million and think that it isn't fair because their 50 million doesn't compare to the 500 million someone else has.

they see 500,000,000 compared to their 50,000,000 and it looks bad, but 50,000,000 to their 5,000,000 seems like it's closer than what it really is.

the truth is if the prices don't drop to 10% of what it is now the rich will just continue to jump farther ahead because they are the ones selling the stuff already.
    (1)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Roric Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Don't assume I think they will stay exactly the same... what im trying to say is the player asking prices will not all be 1/10 and its foolish to think ppl will just automatically follow that rule of thumb. The rich will still get what they want for it and the lower ppl will still be complaining. This isnt changing anything but the total amount in circulation. Its pointless unless all they wanted was a lower number and to give ppl the feeling they are deleting their work.
    (2)

Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast