Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Raagnar,

Let's say you had 7 mil and need some smoked Raptor. Currently smoked Raptor is around 100-120k a stack. No biggie for a millionaire.

Cut to ARR... you have 700k... someone is selling smoked Raptor for the same price... are you going to buy it? Or are you going to make your own?

As the item stays on the market without selling... more and more people will come along as start undercutting. The price will fall until people start buying again.
    smoked raptor sells for 1k each on my server. after the gil decrease on everyone it may drop to selling for 500 gil each, but things like that i don't see going lower. sure the price cut in half, but the profit margin increases by 500%. you will technically be spending a higher percentage of your gil buying items like that one you mentioned later on
    (2)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Raagnar,

Let's say you had 7 mil and need some smoked Raptor. Currently smoked Raptor is around 100-120k a stack. No biggie for a millionaire.

Cut to ARR... you have 700k... someone is selling smoked Raptor for the same price... are you going to buy it? Or are you going to make your own?

As the item stays on the market without selling... more and more people will come along as start undercutting. The price will fall until people start buying again.

10k-12k a stack.
    That is in the ideal world. I just have a bad feeling the prices are probably going to actually have shot up by about 30-50% for many of the lower end items when all is said and done converting for the gil reduction. It won't surprise me if we see the smoked raptor you are talking about going for like 20k a stack instead of 12 which would be 200k now.
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yes, that could be true Darkstar... smoked Raptor probaby won't drop down 90% because gil will still be added to the system (how fast is the X factor!). But I think that's the whole point tho. Gil will be worth a whole lot more (gath joke) than it is now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raagnar View Post
    How are we not losing anything exactly? Just because the game is lowering prices does not mean players are forced to as well. This is just a nice way of saying we are deleting billions of gil.
    Technically you're not forced to. Just good luck selling shit when so many other players do in fact lower prices. All it takes is a minority to understand how redenomination works to drop their prices. Ater that anyone who wants to sell shit will have to follow suit. Maybe not right away, but eventually all prices will balance around 1/10 what they used to be.. though honestly with so many other drastic changes coming who knows what anything will be worth in 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by PandaTaru View Post
    If you only go there to visit, redenomination in turkey didn't have much impact on you. Ask your family how they feel about the redenomination in turkey.
    I have. They're quite happy about not having to say million and billion when speaking of loose change. Not to mention it's a lot messier of a process in real life due to reprinting and exchanging of currency, whereas in game it's all done automatically. Nice and clean.

I wasn't flattering myself, just pointing your oddities. Yes, I called your behavior troll-esque. If you can't accept that contradicting yourself every 2 posts makes it look like you're trolling, I'm sorry for you.

let's get back on topic.
    I didn't contradict myself. I was accused of being insulting, trolling, and being condescending when I did none of those things. These accusations all conveniently came when people suddenly decided they couldn't further debate with me.

A number of posts later I saıd, now that the redenomination is confirmed, I'd go back and point out all the people who were so sure I was wrong... something I didn't end up doing anyway.

Honestly dude, I'm giving you much more attnetion than you need with this trivial argument of yours. You trollin me?
    (0)

Player

Yes, that could be true Darkstar... smoked Raptor probaby won't drop down 90% because gil will still be added to the system (how fast is the X factor!). But I think that's the whole point tho. Gil will be worth a whole lot more (gath joke) than it is now.

This is where the smart\proactive will make a killing. Sell early, while prices are unstable =p
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I'm hoarding mats even as I type.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatdawg View Post
    This is where the smart\proactive will make a killing. Sell early, while prices are unstable =p
    yep. it only takes a few minutes to look for items just like this before each major change and make a killing after. this is also how alot of the super rich became that way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roric Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    No matter how you spin it the bottom line is the same, they are removing gil from the game. You can make peace with it by saying things will even out and I'll still have the same amount in value.. but this will shake things up because this is one thing he said he would not do. Even if you relabel it, its still gil being deleted. anyone remember the Simpsons? "temporary refund adjustment"
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Raagnar View Post
    No matter how you spin it the bottom line is the same, they are removing gil from the game. You can make peace with it by saying things will even out and I'll still have the same amount in value.. but this will shake things up because this is one thing he said he would not do. Even if you relabel it, its still gil being deleted. anyone remember the Simpsons? "temporary refund adjustment"
    oh i agree with you that it is being removed. i was just pointing out 2 things.

1. it's the most fair way to remove gil. i still don't see how losing over 270 mil compared to someone else losing 1 mil is really fair.

2. the people that got rich got there by playing the market for profits. they will still continue to do that. the rich will not automatically become poor because of the change. they will still make 10x the profit of someone else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cascade Taiga
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Ah... the double meld is step 1, when you accept the quest... there is no progress.
    actually that is your progress, you have to start the quest pick your weapon then go fight your NM and get your double meld.... thats how the quest begins... sure if you don't turn it in your not making any real progress but you flagged the quest already which means you'll still be on that phase come 2.0

and yoshi already said nothing is going to change for relic and that he finds that its too easy already cause more people have relics then they thought would atm
    (1)

Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast